VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

slight variation on the original.  options are always good

How come the scans you have of this picture is all grainy? Is that how the original looks? The other pictures you scanned out look nice an clear. Perhaps you scanned this image with the descreening option off? Let me know as I'd like a clear image of this. Thanx

:p:D:lol:

BBP, it's because he is scanning the box cover, which has that stippled texture like an hardbound book.

I saw these yesterday, and they ROCK!

I don't remember this scene in Mac Plus!

Coming soon from Vivid Video:

trio.jpg

Always taking the "love triangle" concept to new heights... :lol:

Still Myung definitely puts the "OSS" in Macross rather nicely.

Edited by Blaine23

I think I still currently like the Desert image better.  But I think that the merge has possibilities. 

Could anybody ask Paul what additional cost would be for a insert for the opposite spine.  By doing so all sides would be finished except the bottom.  Just a simple insert so its not like it'd be too tough.

like on the inside?

No I mean the other side that we leave open for the DVD's to slide in. take a look at some of the Box sets you've bought at best buy that have only 1 disk in them. They always either fill up the empty space with foam or they add an insert piece of cardboard. I'm saying we should have paul make the insert to cover all of the DVD's inside Leave a half moon cut in the edge to allow your finger to help pull it out. By doing this we end up with an additional panel that we can have art on. thus elemenating the problem of Sharon vs. desert.

Like this

xxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

x xxx x

x x

x x

x PIC of Sharon x

x x

x x

x x

x xxx x

xxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Fold vertically where the stars are located this creates a tab on each side to slide b/w DVD and the wall of the box. Now you have an additional panal for sharons pic.

lol. from your first post i was thinking of something like a door with a little finger slot to open and i couldn't figure out how you were going to hinge the thing.

its an interesting idea but i doubt its practical. it would add to the cost and you could potentially scratch the sides of the slide out cover. plus i wonder if he has a set size for standard DVD cases - this would require making the cover piece slighlty smaller to fit inside the case.

I don't remember this scene in Mac Plus!

Coming soon from Vivid Video:

trio.jpg

Always taking the "love triangle" concept to new heights... :lol:

Still Myung definitely puts the "OSS" in Macross rather nicely.

Heheh :D Sure it's not the "Hentai" version? :rolleyes:

hmm not a fan of that one. the red eye just doesnt work and disrupts the flow of the pic. and for some reason when i look at the scene it seems like its dark and cloudy and ready to rain on isamu (which makes the lensflare effect really odd)

Edited by MrDisco

hmm not a fan of that one. the red eye just doesnt work and disrupts the flow of the pic. and for some reason when i look at the scene it seems like its dark and cloudy and ready to rain on isamu (which makes the lensflare effect really odd)

yeah, I'm not feeling that one either. I just slapped it together to see what it would look like. I'd like to incoroporate that eye in somehow or somewhere on the box. Maybe have that as a wrap around belt thingy with velcrow to take it off? That would be a cool addition. We can either have wrap around vertically, or horizontally. I prefer veritcal. What say you guys? :p:D:lol:

The red eye could be a good add-on for the side panels though.

I don't know. I'm about done with what I can do for now. If we use a stock desert or Sharon image we're good to go. Bobe Patt and others were working variations for the spine to try.

Has Paul OK'd the side panels?

Has Paul OK'd the side panels?

did we decide on the side panels? i thought there was interest in the 21/19 cockpit pics on either side of the box.

oh yeah, forgot those for a second. Let's give one of those a try too. What should we put on the spine for that though? Not sure what would go decently outside of the desert shot possibly.

Someone was supposed to send Paul the side lineart pics so he could see if it would come out ok.

Edited by Anubis

I say we put this on the spine if we are going to be using the cockpit pictures

That could work for the spine, just someone needs to extend the red lines out to fit the spine height.

I like the Sharon/Desert spine, it's really nice. The red eye does disrupt the flow of the overall pic though. I'd like to see if someone could have the Sharon pic and maybe the eye blend into the background sky more. Like color the Sharon pic the same color as the background sky.

I like the Sharon/Desert spine, it's really nice. The red eye does disrupt the flow of the overall pic though. I'd like to see if someone could have the Sharon pic and maybe the eye blend into the background sky more. Like color the Sharon pic the same color as the background sky.

Something like this?

post-4-1090268870_thumb.jpg

ok, so what's the deal? I've been messing around with this for like ever now. hehe. So what's the deadline and which one you guys want? We gotta get this thing rolling so we can have a nice box for our loose mac plus dvd's! :p:D:lol:

I'm putting my vote for this one, with your reworked desert shot as the spine...

Unfortunately, TLW has disappeared, and those beautiful cockpit scans are all that we have - though those images may make better desktop images than images for this dvd case...

sharonbox1.jpg

I'm putting my vote for this one, with your reworked desert shot as the spine...

Unfortunately, TLW has disappeared, and those beautiful cockpit scans are all that we have - though those images may make better desktop images than images for this dvd case...

sharonbox1.jpg

This still gets my vote too, although I wouldnt mind a work up with the cockpits to see.

I still think the lineart works better though for the box purposes.

Did Paul ever check to see if the lineart images would work with the text?

Someone was supposed to send them to him to try. DA made those color adjusted sides I was working with, but I think he used the smaller versions. I have the large scans, but don't remember if I have them colorized.

post-4-1088109883_thumb.jpg

Edited by Anubis

Those cockpits images were by Hidetaka Tenjin, the guy that did all those CG valks and Hasegawa boxtops. Too bad I don't have any hi-res pics of those images but here's what the complete cockpit images look like(found these on the web).

Eh, what the?! I'm still here! I never got any PM's about higher res scans or anything, so I figured no one cared :lol: If one of you is serious about making wallpaper or something, shoot me an PM and I'll upload some tifs to the Internet. I would do it here, but the mods would probably ban me ;)

OK guys, I got in touch with Paul, and if we want to proceed with the case, here's what we need to do...

1. - He really needs high res imags of the blueprint designs so he can test them. He is not entirely sure that they will work.

2. He thinks the cockpit designs would work much better, so if everyone is OK with that, then I can get TLW to get me some scans to send to Paul.

So, either way, we have to get high res versions of the images to him.

LMK what you guys think.

OK guys, I got in touch with Paul, and if we want to proceed with the case, here's what we need to do...

1. - He really needs high res imags of the blueprint designs so he can test them. He is not entirely sure that they will work.

2. He thinks the cockpit designs would work much better, so if everyone is OK with that, then I can get TLW to get me some scans to send to Paul.

So, either way, we have to get high res versions of the images to him.

LMK what you guys think.

go for it!!! Just let me know if you guys plan on using my Sharon/Isamu spine. I'll send over that file too. :p:D:lol: