VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

Mechamaniac

224 members have voted

1. 1. VOTE NOW: MACROSS PLUS DVD KEEPCASE

• Yes! - SDF Macross 12 DVD's
    • Yes! - Macross Plus 3 DVD's (OVA & Movie)
    • Both
    • No thanks, I don't want to be associated with you fanboys!.

I like that image very very very very much.i thought that the desert itself or sharon alone were a little empty image,but i think that the combination is perfect for the spine,it only needs a little of tweaking and it would be perfect.

That's my 2 cents :lol:

Man, between the desert and sharon spines, I can't decide. I like the idea of trying to splice the sharon shot into the desert shot. Maybe have Sharon blend in to the sky more, like be more shadowy and in the background, not so vibrant and in your face. Maybe I'm asking too much, but I think that would look hot. I'll be keeping an eye on how the desert/sharon spine develops. Also, after looking over the last couple mockups, the sides definately look a bit cluttered with the battroid pics thrown in.

Here's a test with the blended pic.

Good potential with this idea if it can be blended right.

post-4-1088060418_thumb.jpg

I do have to note though that Isamu looks like he's trying to cop a feel. :lol:

Well, it IS Isamu after all ;)

It's funny because it's true :lol:

Srriously though, this is a good idea to work with.

I think I still currently like the Desert image better. But I think that the merge has possibilities.

Could anybody ask Paul what additional cost would be for a insert for the opposite spine. By doing so all sides would be finished except the bottom. Just a simple insert so its not like it'd be too tough.

I think I still currently like the Desert image better. But I think that the merge has possibilities.

Could anybody ask Paul what additional cost would be for a insert for the opposite spine. By doing so all sides would be finished except the bottom. Just a simple insert so its not like it'd be too tough.

like on the inside?

ok, here's another update. Let me know what you guys think. Come to think about it, Sharon looks like she's one with the clouds now. Which looks a lot better in my opinion. Now there's a foreground and a background effect to it. Thanx

post-4-1088105124_thumb.jpg

Edited by BoBe-Patt

ok, here's another update. Let me know what you guys think. Come to think about it, Sharon looks like she's one with the clouds now. Which looks a lot better in my opinion. Now there's a foreground and a background effect to it. Thanx

:blink:

wow...

Sweet. Really looking good there.

Edited by Anubis

Actually, TLW scanned that collage image from his AWESOME R2 Mac Plus DVD set that he just got today.

I had the pleasure of seeing it in person, and trust me, that piece of artwork is childs play compared to the rest of the stuff in that set!.

:o

Please please get us some more scans of that set. There's plenty of room in the test thread for em :)

That 19/21 with the Sharon eye is awesome. Gotta give that a try as well.

What other artwork is in there?

How about a "cockpit" box design?

Definately gotta see more of these.

Could make a design right now with the two cockpits, and that 19/21 pic on the spine.

Why do R2 sets have to rock so much?

Edited by Anubis

You have SO got to take those fighter wraparounds, combine them, and make wallpaper size versions of them.

You have SO got to take those fighter wraparounds, combine them, and make wallpaper size versions of them.

Yesh! Wallpaper sized ones - preferably around, oh, 1920 by 1200 :D

I just tried, and there's not enough material there. IIRC, there's some spine art that is missing between the front and back pieces of each cockpit.

So Neil will have to scan the spines as well.

*Ahem*

post-4-1088176272.gif

I just tried, and there's not enough material there. IIRC, there's some spine art that is missing between the front and back pieces of each cockpit.

So Neil will have to scan the spines as well.

As TLW said...

did I mention that the YF-19 cockpit image is actually a wrap-around image? This is the back of it. Combined with a mid-section (not scanned), you get a wonderfully long shot of the 19.

i think the 2 cockpits on either side would be quite stunning - we'll get full use of the color printing if use them rather then the schematics (though those are nice as well...they would be great as a liner insert); the top could be the blue pyramid or perhaps the pic with isamu and the macross+ kanji; not a big fan of the group shot in the red triangle.

the spine would be the sticking point. i still like the dessert.

hehe, nice images. Now we have more that we can work with. I'd like to incorporate that sharon's eye thing with half of the yf-19 and the yf-21 into the spine. But maybe just the sharon's eye. I'll see what I can cook up! And thanx for the nice images! :p:D:lol:

slight variation on the original. options are always good

How come the scans you have of this picture is all grainy? Is that how the original looks? The other pictures you scanned out look nice an clear. Perhaps you scanned this image with the descreening option off? Let me know as I'd like a clear image of this. Thanx

:p:D:lol: