Mass CG project ...

Aztek

>>Doktor Gonzo

Thank you for inviting.But,It seems that the poster is already completed.

So please make it nonparticipation.

As you wish. But I think you must be mistaken - the image in this thread is a preview mock-up only, done for previsualization purposes with old art. We have not even started to render or composite the actual final poster yet.

"From the Halls of Monezuma to the SHores of Tripoli..."

Damn I like that piece makes the Marine in me get up and salute.

Sean... how may times do I have to tell you to chew properly when you eat?

:huh:

I'm gonna echo Mildred's question about whether or not the poster will be available for non-contributors, this thing is shaping up to be very cool.

I'm gonna echo Mildred's question about whether or not the poster will be available for non-contributors, this thing is shaping up to be very cool.

Mildred, yellowlightman,

It's a mark of how focused and tunnel-vision'ed on the milestone of getting thing done we've gotten while working on it that we honestly hadn't thought at all yet beyond getting copies for our greedy ol' selves. We never really even considered that there might be interest from the rest of MW and/or the fanbase. If you guys are serious, I'm sure we'd be more than happy to discuss it and see what we come up with.... ;)

RENDERER LIST

Cinema4d - Mechmaster, LParisek

Maya (Software /w/ faked Global Illumination) - Doktor Gonzo

TrueSpace 6.6 - Brianw76

3ds Max 5.1 (Advanced Lighting/Renderosity) - Aztek

LightWave 7.5 - Wolf13

TrueSpace 1.03 - The_WOZ

Mildred, yellowlightman,

It's a mark of how focused and tunnel-vision'ed on the milestone of getting thing done we've gotten while working on it that we honestly hadn't thought at all yet beyond getting copies for our greedy ol' selves. We never really even considered that there might be interest from the rest of MW and/or the fanbase. If you guys are serious, I'm sure we'd be more than happy to discuss it and see what we come up with.... ;)

hi doc,

thanks for considering yellow and me. just remember, we're first on the list! :lol::lol::lol:

"From the Halls of Monezuma to the SHores of Tripoli..."

Damn I like that piece makes the Marine in me get up and salute.

"Semper Fi!" Knight26...

I agree...

Maybe we could simply offer the finished poster to the Macross loving public at large, there is a website here that does all sorts of stuff for artists, you simply send them artwork and they reproduce it for you on posters, t-shirts, mugs, whatever you want and they then sell it for you. The service is provided free, they simply take a cut of your profits (and since you pay no overheads anything you earn is all profit). If introducing the awful complication of money into the subject is considered a bad idea maybe someone knows a similar service that doesn't involve any financial dealings.

Just a thought.

Les or Mechmaster,

Would it be possible for either one of you to export your lighting rig into a 3ds or prj (3ds mesh file)? I am currently working off DGs "worded" advice on how to configure the lighting.

Maybe you could put a dummy object (ball) where the object would be and attach a render so I could try to match it in Max.

I dunno. Help if you can!!

Thanks.

Sorry Az... My main machine has taken a dump on me. It will be a couple of days before I can get at the data. If Mechmaster hasn't taken care of you by then, I will export the rig for you.

Les

Here's another.. still playing with that fake GI.. thanks Brian:

As for the poster and cafexpress, I think that's a great idea for other macrossworlders. As for profit.. I am not adverse... but it's all good one way or another.

hahahahaha

:Dat

post-5-1083179822_thumb.jpg

Edited by DatterBoy

Les or Mechmaster,

Would it be possible for either one of you to export your lighting rig into a 3ds or prj (3ds mesh file)? I am currently working off DGs "worded" advice on how to configure the lighting.

Maybe you could put a dummy object (ball) where the object would be and attach a render so I could try to match it in Max.

I dunno. Help if you can!!

Thanks.

The lighting rig is now available in 3D Studio R4 format here

I don't know how good C4Ds export filter is, according to the manual it does export light sources but when I loaded the resulting 3ds file back into C4D there were no lights so I hope it works ok. I also included views of the rendered object for reference.

Mildred, yellowlightman,

Awesome, thanks for the consideration.

I haven't personally used CafePress for posters, but their t-shirts are so-so. Biggest problem is that they charge a large "base" fee (i.e. their cut along with the costs). T-shirts for instance are $14, and that's without the individual seller adding on a few more bucks for his profit. But it seems like it might be easier than getting them professionally printed up.

hi guys,

sorry to sound stupid, but can a cel shaded version of the finished image be knocked up easily with the info used for the original version, or does it not work that way?

Afraid it's not a simple thing. We're rendering the image in numerous pieces on various packages, then combining them in Photoshop - each of these elements would have to be cel-shaded and rerendered.

Even so, a cel shaded version might be something to think about once the regular one is done....

I used to lighting rig for Cinema 4D to show quick render

I tried varios ways to show the panels lines , see if you can spot them ?

I will play around with the lighting , some more.

Sorry for the big image MOD !

post-5-1066287303_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rodavan

Hey DG,

How do you change the background render color? It defaults to black and I can't seem to find where to change it...

:dat

I don't have maya in front of me to find the exact place, but it's in the Camera Attribute Editor (which you get to from the drop down menus immediately surrounding the view pane.) Expand the tabs and you'll find it, I think under the "Environment" tab....