Mass CG project ...

Aztek

CORY:

It was based almost entirely on the 1/60s I had. I didn't have any of the 1/48s and I had none of the Hasegawa model drawings so I used the Yamato 60's as my primary reference. A few things used a 1/48 as a ref, from pics, or what I understood of it (still don't own one) such as the swing bar for the legs and the joint in the upper thigh, as well as he notion of the changing/removeable air intakes. Hands were a guess at how it should look based on DYRL, but they are pretty off, I'm sure.

LPARISEK

Thanks man! I seriously cannot wait till I get the textures on, but not sure how that's gonna happen. My first few attempts have failed quite poorly. Hoping to get my modelling buddy to help me out, but he lives a bit far away.

:Dat

Alright, one more update on my Orguss Ishkick model...almost there. For those interested, I'm using IRII's 1/48 (more like 1/60 judging by the pilot) kit as reference with added detail extrapolated form the box art. Eventually I'm going to convert this to LW so that I can texture it properly and obtain "realistic" pictures, but for now it'll just have Pro-E colored surfaces.

post-5-1067878513_thumb.jpg

Pretty damn gorgeous looking. What are your plans for it?

Thanks for the compliment; it's always encouraging when others appreciate your work. As for plans...I don't really have any. The entire model you see is a parametric Pro Engineer assembly, and pretty much incompatible with any other software (I think Solidworks is an exception) unless I convert it to a "dumb" solid such as STEP or IGES formats, or export it to OBJ format for CGI applications; this is what I may eventually do. However, Pro E's OBJ converter leaves much to be desired as it creates some very funky surface triangulations, and requires extensive downstream clean-up to make the file an optimized mesh; if I ever do this I may yet release the model publicly. Another idea I was contemplating was to export an STL and make an SLA model of the thing in something like 1/35th scale; but getting free time and/or space on the company's machine is a difficult proposition at best.

Sergio

PS.: Your pilot looks great, but IMO the helmet visor should be larger towards the bottom. Other than that it's awesome.

Hey all,

I have been BUTTSLAMMED with tons of work and personal hangups. I haven't touched a plastic or CG valk since I've been back from England. We have alot of ppl deployed right now, about 40 or so 'Hogs around the world (A-10's for you non military types :D ). So manning is a lil slim at work.

I haven't forgot about the movement. I've been silently hoping most of the people on the crew have been having similar issues. :unsure:

I'll get it cranking again soon, life permitting.

Later

Az

I'm in much the same situation as Aztek... Not deploying A-10s (I wish!) but making bloody video games! I never thought I'd get to dislike something I once loved and would've done for free... anyway...

I'm planning on getting back soon tho' so hopefully I wont get distracted too much in texturing my valk.

BTW Az... I'd say 'non military types' wouldn't even know what an A-10 is :blink: It seems though that Macross fans seem to have an interest in military aviation... dunno why... :p

Masa

Edited by MasamuneEd