Mass CG project ...

Aztek

• 2 weeks later...

Been really lazy last couple of weeks.

I redo the hand, these renders are old but you get the idea.

Now I'm experimenting with bones and muscles to animate the knee joint (the flexible duct on it's back)

post-5-1115598805.jpg

I'm digging that interpretation of the hand. What's with that empty space between the fingers and the bottom of the palm? Supposed to be like that?

Can't wait to see your assembled valk. So much detail. Should like snazzy when done. Got a current assembled shot?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Heya, im new to this scene...and now i just started to work on a Macross Fan Movie in Hungary.

Until this time, i made a few SW models (i link here a few and a W.I.P. CorSec XWing 100% modelled and 50% textured mostly basic marks ) and now im on a VF11.

Im in a need of VF-1 or alpha fighter. (alpha is only if there is someone who can contribute one. its robotech, but the theme may change...the Vf-1 will be the basis.)

Thank you..

P.S.: i think there will be a nice thing if someone will build a site where everone may contribute their models for the ppl to use them and make good anims and pics!

xwing_corsec_20050526_2.jpg

xwing_corsec_20050528_3.jpg

xwing_corsec_20050528_4.jpg

xwing_corsec_20050528_5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I thought I would post some more updates on my model... just so that you know that I *DID* pay attention to Lestat's comments and everybody else that was kind enough to critic...

Anyway, here are the updates, enjoy and critic away!!!

mac... s l o w l y getting there!!! :lol:

post-5-1118726258_thumb.jpg

Edited by mac666er

There is another slighty different view.

The plume is constructed with transparent piramids, and only looks nice with dark backgrounds.

post-5-1118803939.jpg

mac, good stuff!

Gammera, sw33t! can't help but feel that their not scaled right with all the vehicles and people standing around. ;)

The_WOZ,

Interesting way of doing afterburners. It's the bruteforce method though! A set-up of several layered cones with the right shaders will get you a better effect. If you've got a particle system use those with a mixture of layered shaders that are animated to transition from color to total transparency(if I knew the exact settings I'd tell you).

nice , this last pic looks alot better then the first street shot.

:D

The shadowing looks better but I think the size was more acurate in the first shot. They look like they are the height of a 7 or 8 story building now.

Carl

• 4 weeks later...

Holy moly those are some awesome looking models :o wish I could do something close to that. I was looking for some people interested in making models for a sdf-1 in orbiter space flight sim....that would be awesome to use. If you have not heard of orbiter the site is Orbiter Space Flight Sim It's free and tons of fun, everything is to scale you just have to try it and see. I know this really was not on the subject of the post...but I thought I would bring it up after looking at the awesome models...I dont know if you could beat flying the Macross..or even landing on it O.o

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would revive this thread...

N E way... I FINALLY got a copy of the gold book :D so.. I am reworking my SDF-DYRL model... in the meantime I decided to give the TV version a shot:

Please critic away, Do you see anything out of place?

mac

post-2898-1123506760_thumb.jpg

Disregard.  There was a knock at the door.  It was life.

319370[/snapback]

Life? I think I heard of that.

Is there still going to be a poster (the original aim of this thread) or has everyone just drifted off into other things?

Like life perhaps? :lol:

Edited by Mechmaster