BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

Did eps 18 air on Space on Friday night?  I can't find it on bittorrent today.  Being in Canada, we're more than half a season behind.

373691[/snapback]

HERE you go, wm. I'd hate to think of anybody stuck waiting around for Space to air Galactica. ;)

373694[/snapback]

Thanks!! :D

Lol...I had missed the first half hour of last week's episode, so I didn't know about Dualla and Adama, or the brief Cally sighting.  Time to get the DVR thing going...

372207[/snapback]

I can't tell you how much I love my DVR. It rocks.

372480[/snapback]

TiVo is a gift from the Gods!!!

Interesting to see how in "Downloaded" that Caprica Six has her own mental version of Baltar. It will be interesting to see how these two will play out in the two part season finale.

373858[/snapback]

What's more interesting is that caprica six's body was destroyed. Makes me wonder how Baltar survived the initial attack and if he's a cylon.

Speaking of Six's Baltar surviving the blast. I saw another thread where someone was postulating out loud that in that scene, perhaps the real Baltar wasn't really there at all and it was (the first of?) Six's phantom Baltar. Leaving her dead and the real Baltar already off to the field with the survivors we find him in later. For now I'm not going to worry about it, but the "Fight Club" style image of it was kind of neat I thought.

When the nuke hits, it looks like Baltar leans down onto his knees and Six shields him with her body. Since Six was a humanoid Cylon and they appear pretty fragile, its hard to buy that Baltar doesn't get blinded, burned or cut up far far worse from the blast.

I think it would be tough to pull off storywise how Baltar is a regular Cylon. Maybe if he was something unique, but not completely human, that would make more sense. I.E. why they can't control him fully and why it appears he knows much more than good old fashioned luck can explain. But honestly, without Baltar as a human, we never see the flip side to the 'Do we deserve to live' theme.

The real compelling evidence of "Who Is A Cylon" kind of leans towards Roslin actually. She can't explain why she hasn't had a breast exam in five years. She clearly had a physical relationship with Adar, using Six/Boomers tactic of sleeping with someone to get the Cylon agenda moving. She was sent to the represent the government during the miniseries, could have been anyone really. She makes the decision to form the fleet and convinces Adama to run, not fight. She gets a new assistant and has no existing staff with a background or history with her. She has visions and prophecies that simply can't be explained logically but fullfill the Cylons idea of 'What happened before will happen again' She was also never in the TOS original canon thus shes essential only because shes played by a veteran actress who is second billed and its more plausible to make her a villian than say Apollo or Starbuck.

373909[/snapback]

Good points. It really would make no sense if he was a cylon. I wish they would explain why six and baltar have imaginary counterparts. It just can't be a coincidence.

Not only did this week's episode fail to include Lee Adama, but they didn't reveal any additional models of Cylons. We were on Cylon-controlled Caprica, and we didn't see any additional models...right...

I can't believe we're at the season finale already...

I agree but I can also rationalize it. There are 12 colonial planets maybe these versions are found on Caprica now in larger numbers and other models are found in larger numbers on the other planets. Plus we only really seen one or two cities and thier surrounding areas instead of an entire planet. Mybe like Philadelphia and New York, close but still far enogh apart to take several days on foot to traverse like Boomer and Helo did. I gotta keep reminfing myself that planets are huge! much less 12 of them! :D

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Not only did this week's episode fail to include Lee Adama, but they didn't reveal any additional models of Cylons.  We were on Cylon-controlled Caprica, and we didn't see any additional models...right...

373940[/snapback]

According to the podcast, they wanted to bring in Simon (the "doctor" from Episode 6), but they didn't want to call him in just for a few shots so they got a stand in and I think they got a stand-in for that other model, the one who was at Ragnar station. Also, they didn't want to reveal too many Cylon...keeps us guessing.

Not only did this week's episode fail to include Lee Adama, but they didn't reveal any additional models of Cylons.  We were on Cylon-controlled Caprica, and we didn't see any additional models...right...

373940[/snapback]

According to the podcast, they wanted to bring in Simon (the "doctor" from Episode 6), but they didn't want to call him in just for a few shots so they got a stand in and I think they got a stand-in for that other model, the one who was at Ragnar station. Also, they didn't want to reveal too many Cylon...keeps us guessing.

374016[/snapback]

I totally agree... perhaps we'll see another Cylon revealed by the end of the season finale?

Last week and the week before have shown two of the best episodes this season. Any doubts of a downward spiral for BSG is forgotten imo.

Six's Baltar rules! Gotta love the irony. Both the human and the cylon are cuccoo for cocoa puffs :D

Speaking of Six's Baltar surviving the blast. I saw another thread where someone was postulating out loud that in that scene, perhaps the real Baltar wasn't really there at all and it was (the first of?) Six's phantom Baltar. Leaving her dead and the real Baltar already off to the field with the survivors we find him in later.

Good theory and it makes perfect sense!

Edited by Zor Primus

We will?

374222[/snapback]

Spoiler: "NEW" cylons identity

Highlight below if interested.

Think his name is Dean Stockwell of Quantom Leap fame. He plays the Cylons religious leader. No big suprise just an new model.

Chris

Ok, I was watching the last 3 recent episodes of BSG from the DVR. I have to by far give those 3 episodes a high rating. The latest episode was great to see the Cylon perspective. It funny to see that the shoe was on the other foot for Six. Seeing Baltar as her imagination was pretty damn good idea. I, however, liked the it where Pegasus commanders are like cannon fodder. Yes the commander was arrogant, incompetentant, and stubborn but in the end he saved his ship with his life (despite he lead it to its nearly impending doom). Too bad Billy had to die in the hostage crisis as well.

I, however, liked the it where Pegasus commanders are like cannon fodder.  Yes the commander was arrogant, incompetentant, and stubborn but in the end he saved his ship with his life (despite he lead it to its nearly impending doom). Too bad Billy had to die in the hostage crisis as well.

374289[/snapback]

Thinking back on the Pegasus episode it kinda made me wonder what would have happend if Scotty had taken command of the Enterprise. LOL I am sure we'd see engineering calling up to the bridge constantly during a crisis.

Good episode. The Six Baltar Imaginary friend thing is great. Both of them are Antagonistic towards their "real" Partner and I love they way imaginary Baltar is sarcastic and constantly bad mouthing Six for being involved in the whole attack on the colonies.

The whole Cylon perspective thing is something I want to see more of.

They just seem to want to pretend to be humans. Kinda emulating their creators.

On the subject of models of Cylon not yet seen. There was one at the coffee shop which I did not recognise. It had Short blond hair and was female. The focus was never sharp on her so I couldnt see clearly but I kinda thought she had a similar hairdoo to Starbuck. Im not saying it was Starbuck just that the hair was similar.

Edited by big F

Funny that you guys mention that coffee shop scene. I'm planning to go over the episode carefully to try and see any hints or clues to other models, or at least variations of current ones...

Funny that you guys mention that coffee shop scene.  I'm planning to go over the episode carefully to try and see any hints or clues to other models, or at least variations of current ones...

374446[/snapback]

RDM said there would only be the 6 we know. I think he mentioned awhile back that the actor that plays Leoben wasn't going to be available for awhile and that they hoped they could use him again soon.

Well, I haven't seen anyone here talking about model kits for a while. I just dug up these links for those of you interested.

1/72 Viper Mark II: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/cfstore/ind...&Product_ID=368

1/72 Cylon Raider: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/cfstore/ind...&Product_ID=579

1/48 Cylon Raider: http://www.starshipmodeler.com/cfstore/ind...&Product_ID=578

1/9600 Galactica: http://www.comet-miniatures.com/browse.php...teg=11&zone=11&

I will probably get the Viper, but a few other kits here have caught my eye:

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/cfstore/ind...&Product_ID=542

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/cfstore/ind...&Product_ID=441

I was wondering about how Caprica Six was sort of a celebrity among the Cylons and I thought why would any one individual of a model type be treated as special at all? One Six is the same as any other I thought. I might be confused, but do all Cylon share the same information? When they make a new Six, does it come out with the collective memories of all Sixes?

The gist I got from that episode was that each Cylon individual regardless of model has their own backup of their memories, and not a shared one for all models of the same type. I'm so confused.

They don't seem to share memories because, Sharon mentions how she fell in love with Helo and shot Adama. She never mentions her falling in love with Helo and Becoming pregnant. The Sharon that fell in love with the Chief wasn't the same Sharon that fell in love with Helo. But if they share memories then Caprica Six should know that Giaus is still alive because the Six in the fleet knows of his existence. The Six in the Fleet didn't seem to have any recall of previously knowing Baltar when see first met him. So it seems they only share memories once they die and download into new bodies.

I was thinking about how Baltar survived the nuclear blast. He simply wasn't there. The Baltar in the blast was probably the Baltar that exist in Caprica 6's mind. The real Baltar probably knew of the impending attack and made his escape from the city. The 6 in Baltars mind probably told him of the attack so he hightailed it from the city.