BattleStar Galactica

Myersjessee

I still can't get used those new Base Stars... there's something about them that just doesn't look right. They look... well, organic, like something the Shadows and Vorlons would churn out...

Other than that, the ships look pretty good. I'm liking how they brought back some of the old ships... nostalgia value :lol:

I still can't get used those new Base Stars... there's something about them that just doesn't look right. They look... well, organic, like something the Shadows and Vorlons would churn out...

Other than that, the ships look pretty good. I'm liking how they brought back some of the old ships... nostalgia value :lol:

Funny you should say that...Wait until episode 3 of the new series. ;)

Wow, thanks Graham, I didn't know about these trading figures, I'd definitely get them.

By they way, to all those who have played the PS2 game, is there a mode where you are inside the cockpit, so that you don't see your own viper?

Thanks,

Wm

Wonder if the "Lowdown" on Friday will be an edited version fo the DVD extra?

And looking at those Joyride figures begs to ask.......will we see Athena in the series? Have to imagine there would have been some reference to her by now. Then again, maybe there will not be an 'Athena' because of the of critics saying there are too many female roles already, especially with the Starbuck/Boomer controversy. But who knows, maybe Athena will make an appearance as a man!!

BTW, in the DVD-version of 'The Lowdown', the scene with Dirk Benedict(Starbuck-original) and Katee Sackhoff(Starbuck-new) talking in a Starbucks was funny.

One more thing......For those that have the DVD.....I was under the impression that they were double-sided DVDs (even says so on the case), but in fact they are not. Wonder if there was supposed to hav been 1 double-sided DVD instead of the 2 single-sided DVDs that shipped?

@GC yeah the DVDs were originally suppossed to be double sided, and some actually are. However, from what I have read the very first pressings were double sided but there was a mix up at the manufacturer and they did not get enough double sided disks so did the rest as two disks, hence the lack of artwork.

Man I love this series - just saw episode 10 "Hand of God" and its great sci-fi!

Anyone have an answer to the playstation question?

Those Joyride figures look pretty good - anyone actually see one of them? What's the quality like?

Is this "Lowdown" an episode or a special features extra?

Those Joyride figures look pretty good - anyone actually see one of them?  What's the quality like?

I assume that their quality would be at least as good as Hasbro's "action fleet" line, but probably a little better given Joyride's 1/18 (and larger) scale bikes...those are very well detailed.

Is this "Lowdown" an episode or a special features extra?

"Lowdown" is a Sci-Fi channel gimmick; it's an introduction to the mini-series and/or the series with cast and crew interviews and some behind the scenes stuff.

Edited by mechaninac

I saw this show the other day... so stupid. There was some chick walking around in the latest winter '05 winter fashions.. I actually recognized her Prada boots. HAHAHA.. So low budget, so TV.

I saw this show the other day... so stupid. There was some chick walking around in the latest winter '05 winter fashions.. I actually recognized her Prada boots. HAHAHA.. So low budget, so TV.

it's a lot better than the crap in the theatres nowadays...

maybe if they had more oily men bods, you'd watch it more... ;):lol:

thank goodness it doesn't though.... :D

I saw this show the other day... so stupid.  There was some chick walking around in the latest winter '05 winter fashions.. I actually recognized her Prada boots.  HAHAHA.. So low budget, so TV.

it's a lot better than the crap in the theatres nowadays...

maybe if they had more oily men bods, you'd watch it more... ;):lol:

thank goodness it doesn't though.... :D

No dude... Conan the TV show had Ralph Moeler, one if the best physiques ever, but that show sucked... Just like BattleStar Galactica.

Wow, thanks Graham, I didn't know about these trading figures, I'd definitely get them.

By they way, to all those who have played the PS2 game, is there a mode where you are inside the cockpit, so that you don't see your own viper?

Thanks,

Wm

Yeah there is a way to play without seeing your Viper. Press the Select button until you come upon the mode you are looking for.

First thought: Today was the first time I have ever seen the original BSG, I can't believe it stayed on TV for even a full season, it's horrible.

2nd thought: The rearward visiblity in the Vipers is horrible, the seen in the mini-sereies where Apollo is trying to dodge the nuke really showed this.

It will be cool if they bring back the Ship of Lights from TOS that were mentioned by the new shows producers as far as stories for the new series, and he mentioned the Pegasus too. I'm not sure about bringing back C.O.R.A. though :p If they do, at least put some guns on the Viper this time.

What continues to blow my mind about this after watching it again on DVD is how good they did this.

Honestly, if someone would have told me twenty years ago that in another twenty years a new set of Star Wars movies would come out and they'd make an also new Battlestar Galactica television show look like Shakespeare I'm pretty sure I'd have laughed.

It will be cool if they bring back the Ship of Lights from TOS that were mentioned by the new shows producers as far as stories for the new series, and he mentioned the Pegasus too. I'm not sure about bringing back C.O.R.A. though :p If they do, at least put some guns on the Viper this time.

Please, not C.O.R.A.... :p

I still don't like the new Cyclons, ships and warriors. They just look so comically exaggerated...like tribal facemasks or something. The original Cylons were fearsome and the Raiders were sleek. Now they are flying Knight-helmet-heads with scimitar wings and the Cyclons themselves are like...ugg.

I hope the president lady isn't as annoying in the series. In the miniseries I wished someone would have tossed her ass out an airlock.

she is 52 years old . find a lady that lives near you that is that age. and see if she looks that young.

well let's compare someone in the same occupation as her...

Kim Basinger....51 years old

or how about a woman who was in the Original Galactica...Jane Seymour...53

Edited by chowyunskinny

I hope the president lady isn't as annoying in the series. In the miniseries I wished someone would have tossed her ass out an airlock.

(puts on the cynic's "insensitive" hat) There is hope...her character is supposed to have a terminal malignancy of some sort, so she may not be a long term character, and we'll be spared her annoying countenance. (removes the insensitive cynic hat). :ph34r:

Why does the president have to be hot? There's enough cuties on the show, I doubt if Kim Basinger played the president she would play a much less convincing woman in power dying of cancer. I'm all for eye candy but thats ridiculous...

She ups her political play in the regular series and it gets even more heated as it comes along. I agree she gets a bit in the way, but she plays that role well...

I wasn't suggesting someone like Kim Basinger to play that role.

Someone said to compare her to a 52 year old that lives near me.

It's just that a better comparison would be a person of the same age in the same field (in comparison of looks not acting chops)

Edited by chowyunskinny

I'm not critizing the comparison (great examples BTW...) just the need to bring up how unattractive she was.

Jane Seymour was in the OG? Still not enough to make me see TOS... lol.

Edited by >EXO<