1/48 Line

Etrigan

A 1/48 scale Macross Plus Valkyrie in Battroid Mode would be hitting his head on my display shelf. I'm all for it though. Sure I might not buy it outright, bu tI will eventuially when I get the money.

Edited by kensei

Edit: Also, keep in mind that a 1/60 M+ toy will not be as detailed as a 1/48 VF-1 toy. Pilots and other things will be just as tiny in 1/60 M+ as they are for 1/60 VF-1s. So, to state that a 1/60 M+ is just as detailed in all respects is just. . . wrong.

With all due respect, I think it's your assertion that is off base.

The fact that a toy is scaled at 1/60 it doesn't mean the engineering of that toy will equal the engineering of the current 1/60 toys. You're already getting that in the 1/72 scaled releases. A YF-19 and YF-21 at 1/60 can afford the detail and engineering that the 1/48s VF-1s enjoy. The only thing that would probably suffer would be the pilots. But even then, they'll be able to have legs because of the added room in a 1/60 scale 19 or 21 toy.

You should think of it not in scale but in how big that toy will be in inches or centimeters. Right now a 1/48 VF-1 is 12.5 inches long. You think the YF-21 has to be 16" to be that detailed? When a 1/60 YF-21 will equal it in length. The arms, legs and other parts will equal of a 1/60 YF-21 will equal the arms, legs, etc. of a 1/48 VF-1 in ratio. So, to state that a 1/60 M+ is just as detailed in all respects is just. . . Right. :)

Edit:  Also, keep in mind that a 1/60 M+ toy will not be as detailed as a 1/48 VF-1 toy.  Pilots and other things will be just as tiny in 1/60 M+ as they are for 1/60 VF-1s.  So, to state that a 1/60 M+ is just as detailed in all respects is just. . . wrong.

With all due respect, I think it's your assertion that is off base.

The fact that a toy is scaled at 1/60 it doesn't mean the engineering of that toy will equal the engineering of the current 1/60 toys. You're already getting that in the 1/72 scaled releases. A YF-19 and YF-21 at 1/60 can afford the detail and engineering that the 1/48s VF-1s enjoy. The only thing that would probably suffer would be the pilots. But even then, they'll be able to have legs because of the added room in a 1/60 scale 19 or 21 toy.

You should think of it not in scale but in how big that toy will be in inches or centimeters. Right now a 1/48 VF-1 is 12.5 inches long. You think the YF-21 has to be 16" to be that detailed? When a 1/60 YF-21 will equal it in length. The arms, legs and other parts will equal of a 1/60 YF-21 will equal the arms, legs, etc. of a 1/48 VF-1 in ratio. So, to state that a 1/60 M+ is just as detailed in all respects is just. . . Right. :)

I totally agree with you , unfortunatelly we´re trying to convience the wrong audience , we´ve reached the point where people will not listen and will just keep hyping themselves for 1/48 M+/M0 toys just for the sake of having something with 1/48 written on the box <_<

people need to forget about the damn scales , just think about the sizes of the toys.

If 1/60 M+ are gonna be as big as current 1/48 toys then why wouldn´t they have the same level of detail ? but no , it has to be 1/48 because that´s the new trend nowadays.

Exactly. I want something bigger, but definitely not 1/48 Mac+ valks. Too big. Say 1/55?

But Aegis is right, you gotta start thinking about the size of the toy, not just the scale. Remember, you have to transform the little bugger and it's a toy, not just a display piece, so something much bigger in size than a1/48 would not be too practical. Cept the 1/60 monster that's comin out, the bloody thing can be a small coffee table.

PS oh yeah, hey guys chant with me: 1/48 VF-1A CF! c'mon....CF *clap clap clap* CF *clap clap clap*

:lol

*sings mournfully* (with apologies to Sisquo's song 'Incomplete') " without choo CF......my 1/48 line is in___complete_______________.

Edited by kensei

CF *clap clap clap* CF *clap clap clap*

Also, a 1/60 YF-19 would be fine with me, and about as big as I can justify putting on my shelf. One corner a big 1/48 VF-1S Strike, the other a big 1/60 YF-19.

Edited by Anubis

1/60th is the ideal scales for a M+ valk people. Bigger does not always equal better. Would I get a 1/48 M+ valk? Sure, it would a dream come true. Does it need to be 1/48 to be the dream? No. 1/48 is going overboard for the macross plus valks. Except for the cockpit a 1/60th Macross plus valk would be able to have as much detail as the 1/48. But this has been said all before. So why do I waste my breath?

You running out of shelf space too eh?

I hope that when the larger scale valks of the Mac+ come out the little things that prevent me from buying it in the first place will be fixed.....you know.....Inbuilt heatshield for the VF-11, retractable and articulated hands for the YF-19/21, no removeable parts, and the ability to remain ROCK SOLID in all poses for all modes.

BTW are scales like set standards? Must you only have 1/100 1/72 1/60 1/55 1/48 1/32? Can't there be something like 1/50 etc? I don't know much about this I'm sorry to say.

Well I agree with you Kensei about making the VF-11, YF-19/VF-19A and YF-21 rock solid and true to their line art, which is why i didn't buy them an long time ago. If they make a 1/48 VF-11B and YF-19/VF-19A then I get it. I alson pinning for a 1/48 VF-19F/S Excaliber, it doesn't have to be in the Mac 7 colors. It could be in low viz colors or these colors. :D

post-4-1066316262_thumb.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

While I am in no way sure of this, something tells me that a 1/48 VF-1 with fastpacks is taller than a YF-19 battroid.

No, you're wrong. A 1/48th VF-1 with FAST packs would still be shorter than the shoulders of a 1/48th V/YF-19 in battroid.

Still not nearly as large as Aegis! seems to think. Then again, maybe it's because I grew up in the 80's with toys like Fortress Maximus and the G.I. Joe Tomcat and other toys like that.

Sure, the 1/48th scale VF-1 toys are big compared to the 1/60 line, but they're still not huge toys compared to a lot of toys out there.

Heck, my Ultra Magnus toys (both the G1 reissues and the Car Robot 'God Magnus') and Fire Convoy toys are about as big as my 1/48th Valks, bigger if you consider mass instead of just height. Not nearly as well detailed, though.

Also, I believe the top of the VF-1's head comes to about or just below the nosecone sticking out of the Y/VF-19's chest. Perhaps a bit lower. So the VF-19 does tower a bit over the VF-1, but it is in no way a gargantuan toy that will cause need for collectors to build an addition to their house simply to store it. We're still taking maybe Metroplex size, not nearly Fort Max size.

I'm also a little suprised and even disturbed by Aegis!'s vehemence towards the 1/48th line. I totally agree that the 1/48th toys are for more hardcore collectors, and I have no intention to buy every single 1/48th VF-1 that Yamato releases. Still, while I have no plans to buy the Low Vis or the Hikaru 1S, I really don't think the world would be a better place if Yamato hadn't planned to release them at all. I'm of the philosophy that if I don't like it, or don't really want it that bad, I simply won't buy it. I do also agree, though, that Yamato should continue the 1/60 and 1/72 lines for people that can't afford the larger scales, or want a more complete collection.

As for the current little debate about the detail in a 1/48th VF-1 versus a 1/60 YF-19, well I think that a 1/60 YF-19 will have much more detail than a 1/60 VF-1, being closer in size to the 1/48 VF-1, it would still lose some of the smaller details Yamato would probably go out of their way for in a 1/48 YF-19. I have trouble thinking of just what further details Yamato would add to a 1/48th YF-19 over a 1/60, then again I probably wouldn't have thought of the wing flaps and air brake in the 1/48th scale VF-1. Also stuff like the pilot, the cockpit, little panels and flaps, the landing gear would probably all get a little more 'unf' in a 1/48 toy, and probably not be as detailed in a 1/60 YF-19 as compared to a 1/48 VF-19 as those kinds of things won't neccessarily be bigger in the 19 than they are in the VF-1. I'm also not saying that a 1/48th YF-19 would be insanely more detailed than a 1/60 YF-19, it's just that whenever you up the scale, there's always room for a bit 'more'. Grok?

Even I don't know what's next for the 1/48 line after the VF-1J Hikaru in November.

That's unfortunate. I was hoping your last encounter with the Yamato staff had produced some 1/48 info, but alas.

I'd be more than happy with a Max/Millia release; they have to do something with the 1J head mold. My greatest hope is for a VT-1 though. I'd rather have it in 1/48 than 1/60 scale.

Any word on a 1/48 Launch arm; or was that only confirmed for the 1/60 line?

I've noticed that ever since Quadrono went rogue :ph34r: and posted Yamato's alleged "Future Releases" list, Yamato has clammed up on what's coming out. Even Graham seems to have been cut off at the source since that incident.

But apparently she WAS right about the 1/48 VF-1J coming with FPs and possible GBP armor, so I can't complain on that front. ;)

...I hate Meltrans that screw it up for all of us Miclones, Zentrans and law-abiding Meltrans who want to stay on top of things... :angry::D:lol:

Ben

Edited by Yamato Lover

people need to forget about the damn scales , just think about the sizes of the toys.

If 1/60 M+ are gonna be as big as current 1/48 toys then why wouldn´t they have the same level of detail ? but no , it has to be 1/48 because that´s the new trend nowadays.

I think you also don't realize that people actually may want a 15" valkyrie. And don't get me wrong, I know how big 15 inches is. For some odd reason I have a 15" ruler sitting in front of me and it doesn't seem that large at all. My keyboard is longer than that...

I remember playing with a GI Joe Conquest X-30 when I was young, and while it may not have been 15" long (I think it was on the larger side, however) I wasn't exactly very big either. I was probably a tiny 6 or 7 year old at that time, and I didn't find it cumbersome to handle. In fact, it was my favorite GI Joe toy ever.

If 1/72 and 1/60 was good enough for everyone, then there wouldn't be scales like 1/48 and 1/32.

...However, come to think of it, this arguement is pretty pointless. You're already getting your 1/72 yf-19 so I'm not sure what the big deal is. In fact, when it comes out, if it really has as much detail as you claim it will, then I'll probably pick this up. The reason being, nothing is set in stone for the 1/48 line. There may be rumors but no one really knows if the M+ valkyries are coming out in that scale. It seems that your main worry is that if people hold out for only the 1/48 versions it would serve to detract interest from your 1/60 line and thus may affect Yamato's future plans for that scale. I don't think you have to be bothered by that, because it seems that Yamato is deliberately withholding future information about the 1/48 so that people buy their toys in a smaller scale. This way they can not only guage the interest for a particular design, but they can also force buyers to buy TWO toys, in both scales. -_- Unscrupulous to be sure, but smart business sense on their part.

I personally am not just thinking of the scale "1/48" alone or just for the sake of it. I really do want a 1/48 M+, M Zero and a VF-4 in 1/48 scale. Because i know that it will have the detail and gooddies that has made the 1/48 line so popular. And yeah...i kjow the thing will be BIG and the price will certainly be jacked up, but i dont mind the price of the space it consumes. I already made place for the YF-19, YF-21 and the VF-11 on my reol. I love these things so much, and now´being older and earning money too, its a wonderful time to be a macross fan :)

I mean geez....like when Yamato announced that the 1/60 would be released, everyone loved it and even quite a few already had their dibs on pre-order on the thing. And its basicly the size of a small coffee table! So if you 1/60 lovers love it so much (and thats all good and nothing but luv to ya all) then i wanna also hope for Yamato to make these M+, M Zero etc in 1/48 scale too. Just because some dont want Yamato to make it, because of its size or money wise, doesent mean that they shouldnt make it. There are those of us here who do want them to make it and dont mind the cost and size consumtion. Heck i dont mind working a few extra shift just to get a baby like that in my collection.

just my two cents.

-Jin :rolleyes:

I think you also don't realize that people actually may want a 15" valkyrie. And don't get me wrong, I know how big 15 inches is. For some odd reason I have a 15" ruler sitting in front of me and it doesn't seem that large at all. My keyboard is longer than that...

In which case I would say that here are people that want 1/32 scale valks. I for one would want them to have it. If Yamato wants to make it for them then that's great for everyone...

A 1/48 M+ valk line wouldn't be bad, it's the retail and shipping costs that scare me.

In which case I would say that here are people that want 1/32 scale valks. I for one would want them to have it. If Yamato wants to make it for them then that's great for everyone...

A 1/48 M+ valk line wouldn't be bad, it's the retail and shipping costs that scare me.

I think if it were possible, people would rather opt for a 1/1 ;)

"Yes? Oh that's fine Yamato, just park it in my backyard."

Here's a sample of that thread...

News from Yamato has surfaced. A limited 1/1 VF1 line will be made and brought out in 2005.

Fanboy 1: Does it come with the helmet and the shoulder pads?

Fanboy 2: Hope not I already got mine.

FAnboy 3: I'm a banana!

Fanboy 1: Well I for one think they should come with the helmets becuase at the price they're asking for that's deserves a helmet.

Fanboy 4: The price hasn't been announced yet. <_>

Fanboy 5: I'm gonna start a poll

1 hour later

Fanboy 6: Dude you poll is all f'd up, you forgot all of the above.

Fanboy 3: Mah ANUS is bleeding...

Fanboy 2: Does it come with FaST packs, cuz that would totally rule!

Fanboy 1: Dude do you have any idea how much that would cost?

RT guy: I want Rick!

Fanboy 3:

I want Rick!

hehe... you're gay...

Let me add to that; come 2005 when the product is actually released:

Fanboy 1: Sh!t, my flaps fell off.

Fanboy 2: Hey, my canopy won't stay up.

Fanboy 3: Hey, these farkin' engines don't even turn on!

Fanboy 1: WTF this whole thing is made out of plastic!

RT guy : Robotech is taking off!

Meanwhile, Yamato execs are sitting pretty in retirement sipping cocktails on the beach of some caribbean island.

News from Yamato has surfaced. A limited 1/1 VF1 line will be made and brought out in 2005.

Fanboy 1: Well I for one think they should come with the helmets becuase at the price they're asking for that's deserves a helmet.

Fanboy 4: The price hasn't been announced yet. <_<

1 hour later

Fanboy 3:

I want Rick!

hehe... you're gay...

Its amazing how you managed to put every single MW stereotype in one single post. :lol:

Exactly. The folks who want the 1/48 M+ toys are some of the same who want the rather huge 1/60 Monster and somewhat huge 1/60 Q-Rau. Why not rail on these two products? Why reserve all your annoyance for the 1/48 line? The Monster coffee table is as silly and expensive a toy as anything.

Those of us who want a 1/48 YF-21 know how freaking huge it is. And we're willing to pay a premium for such a large item, especially one in scale with the VF-1 to be able to show them off together in a diorama type display. Aegis, you're obviously not one of these people. So before you go on accusing folks who want the 1/48 of being ignorant, not thinking through things, or what not... let me say it again. It is *not* for *you*.

They've already made small scale M+ Valks. They'll likely make a 1/60 line as well. They'll *most* definitely make either a 1/72 or 1/60 line for the M0 Valks (they'd be stupid not to). You have plenty to choose from, both now, and available soon. I'd be glad if Yamato makes any of the above for your sake, and they will if rumors are true-- even if I don't pick any up myself. YOU WILL PROBABLY GET WHAT YOU WANT. So leave the 1/48's be.

We don't piss on your parade, so stop pissing on ours.

-Al

EDIT: grammar and punctuation.

Edited by Sundown

1 hour later

Fanboy 3:

I want Rick!

hehe... you're gay...

Its amazing how you managed to put every single MW stereotype in one single post. :lol:

yeah, but its still some funny sh!t!!

:lol:

i agree with Sundown on this one....us who love the 1/48 know that its HUGE and EXPENSIVE like hell, but we are all willing to sacrifice space and money for it. Its simple TOO awsome not to have it in our collection of 1/48s. I mean, the "detail" "true to anime" and all that stuff. It truly os a work of art, if you ask me. Where as, in MY OPINION, the 1/60 is clearly visible a toy, in contrast to the 1/48, its more of a model the a toy, as someone here as so correctly stated. No pun intended, just my opinion.

-Jin

In which case I would say that here are people that want 1/32 scale valks.  I for one would want them to have it.  If Yamato wants to make it for them then that's great for everyone...

There are times like these for when I wished I lived next door to Yamato, or was going out with the CEO's daughter. :D

Edited by kensei

Okay heres my only beef. yamato announces ultimate 1/60th M+ line. I buy it. Yamato after they have milked that line announces more expensive 1/48th line. If your going to make two scales at least announce that you plan on making 2 scales. If both were announced I probably would skip to the 1/48th. As much as I have stated 1/60th is the best scale for detail and cost, 1/48th would be nice, but still I feel over the top. but the macross + valks being the coolest of the lot I'd certainly bite. and to be honest I don't think it would hurt the sales of the smaller scale as it is a more accessible toy for the masses. I just don't want a bunch of double scales. Also how easily could they milk the M+ line? surely not as muchs as the VF-1 line.

Edited by GobotFool

I want my 1/48 SDF-1. I am ready to sacrifice 25 meters of garden !

--Imagines snuggling up at night in the hull of the Prometheus. --

:wub:

Edited by Draykov

1 hour later

Fanboy 3:

I want Rick!

hehe... you're gay...

yeah, but its still some funny sh!t!!

:lol:

Very nicely done, with a hint of truth behind it.

i'd buy it, but only if i could drive it to work and live out of it at the same time. :D

Na...... you wimps can keep your 1/48 SDF-1. I want my 1/1 scale, its being built in orbit right now. You can all see it on a clear night sky;) :lol:

i'd buy it, but only if i could drive it to work and live out of it at the same time. :D

Na...... you wimps can keep your 1/48 SDF-1. I want my 1/1 scale, its being built in orbit right now. You can all see it on a clear night sky;) :lol:

NASA didn't tell you?

The plans were changed a little. It's called the ISS now.

was thinking, should I skip the Hikaru 1J? I mean do I really need 2 Hikaru's? I think I should wait for the max and Milla 1J that way I can have 1 of each major character but keep my 1/48 collection lean. 1 of each character, at least each head type being represented. do you need much more in a valk collection?

Edited by GobotFool

NASA didn't tell you?

The plans were changed a little. It's called the ISS now.

*looks into his telescope* WTF!!!! What are they painting over the UN Spacy with? ISS? NASA?!?!?! :o NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :lol::p