The Macross - Do You Remember Love? (belated)35th Anniversary Pictorial Celebration through Diorama and Photoshop...Now with more Flashback 2012!!

jvmacross

Better late than never!

As with the SDFM edition....superimpose your shots with real backgrounds, classic or modern illustrations or cel backgrounds from the actual film!....

The rules....use toys or kits to capture either a specific scene from the DYRL source material or a "re-imagined" version of a scene, then add a background consistent with the scene you are trying to illustrate....have fun!

:good:

Feel free to also create and add Flashback 2012 scenes! 

What we have so far......

HMR ElintSeeker + Tenjin Hasegawa Boxart for the ElintSeeker.....

large.1574168962_TenjinHMRElintSeeker2.j

HMR SuperOstrich + Tenjin Hasegawa Boxart for the SuperOstrich.....

large.1066942222_TenjinSuperO2.jpg.97726

Yamato Max and Millia Q-Raus + DYRL Film Background.....

large.469690073_DYRLMMYAMATOQRAUS.jpg.02

HMR VF-1A Hikaru Type + DYRL Film background....

large.636248619_DYRLHikaru1A3.jpg.5123a1

toy pic courtesy of @sh9000

Edited by jvmacross

Actually agree the idea of this thread, it would be GREAT to keep the 85,000 photo shop pictures, and quotes and endless circles of :drinks: , :hi:and other emojis to one thread.

It's awesome that members want to show off their collection and photoshop abilities, but it's making the other Toy threads beyond cluttered and it could easily be mistaken as a very concerted effort to do so.

One thread for photo shopped photos, quoting said photos, and congratulatory posts would be truly amazing. But most importantly help keep the other threads clutter free and promote actual conversations about the toys - again.

-b.

:acute:......................:hi::drinks:

this is what happens when there is a lapse in macross toy releases :lol:...the toy shots are quite creative...who would have known one day we would get toys that are so detailed...B))

either way, toys and photography always mix....tho there was a photography thread too but i recalled it fell silent after a while?

Edited by seti88

The appreciation of anything to me involves any and all forms of expression. From pictures to modifications to discussions or compliments and anything else directly related to or involving whatever that thing is...all welcome imo. Now, if this forum had a better way of handling likes, it could cut down on extra posts. I cut down on letting a lot of people here know I appreciate their posts mainly because I feel another post about isn’t needed but it would still be nice to be able to let people know. I mentioned before when we did have the functions, it was useless and actually led to a lot of nonsense when people can’t see who likes or dislikes your posts. Oh yeah, I just remembered that the like function does still exist but again, it’s forgettable since you have no idea who is liking anything so I never use it.

Anyways, I like the idea of themed threads like this to get all specific types of photos in one place but I also still would like and expect to see a picture of an Arcadia VF-1J Max that appears here in the Arcadia VF-1J Max thread or any other applicable thread as well. It’s extremely easy to scroll past something if you already saw it and don’t want to deal with it again.

3 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Actually agree the idea of this thread, it would be GREAT to keep the 85,000 photo shop pictures, and quotes and endless circles of :drinks: , :hi:and other emojis to one thread.

It's awesome that members want to show off their collection and photoshop abilities, but it's making the other Toy threads beyond cluttered and it could easily be mistaken as a very concerted effort to do so.

One thread for photo shopped photos, quoting said photos, and congratulatory posts would be truly amazing. But most importantly help keep the other threads clutter free and promote actual conversations about the toys - again.

-b.

I would consider spamming the same pictures across multiple threads as, well, spamming. And a very intentional effort, at that.

• jvmacross changed the title to The Macross - Do You Remember Love? (belated)35th Anniversary Pictorial Celebration through Diorama and Photoshop...Now with more Flashback 2012!!
4 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Cool pics and thread @jvmacross!

I remember the reference pic that I used for this pose and pic had just black space in the background so I left it like that but either way it's fine.  I'll just post it here anyway.

large.D1C17733-45BF-44D8-B84D-8ED6AD257D38.jpeg.5820cd305ca31c63ddb41bf856f0ac8b.jpeg

:drinks:

This manbaby tears emoji is awesome.

Thanks!  These toys have really come a long way from the 1/55 days.....it is very easy to recreate iconic scenes from the shows due to the high articulation and superior sculpts from the modern toys....thanks for participating and keep having fun! 8)

Edited by jvmacross