RIP Mira Furlan

Yup, Ambassador Delenn.  

Sucks to hear.

RIP

EDIT:  I knew that some of the B5 cast members had passed away, but there were a few additional names that surprised me.

Edited by Mog

Yeah this is sad. RIP Mira.

apparently she posted this on Twitter not long ago.

A46B5D0D-672B-4155-9B88-C0306E60DFD2.thumb.jpeg.f46d5817eade3b9fb844ff95fc35bf0e.jpeg

seems like she was a brave and classy Lady. 

Chris

Edited by Dobber

B5 was one of the best sci-do series of it’s time and is one of the earlier pioneer of the story arc idea for episodic TV.  

Mira Furlan was outstanding in her role, and that was one show that I would have liked to see continue to progress over time.  Delenn’s story would have also been interesting over time, but sadly Hollywood was too into network produced crap to ever give JMS a proper platform to expand his story line.

Someone on Battletech's forums stated it clearly: When B5 aired, 26 years ago, most of the principle players ranged from 30's to 50s. No real shock other than 'we lost another one'. 

(109) In Memory of Mira Furlan - The Ares Studios Interview - YouTube 

here is a interview from... a year ago? Now i am no friend to Axanar (i find it hilarious their spin on the legalize) but the interview was nice...

Indeed, we are all starstuff...

On 1/22/2021 at 4:49 PM, Mommar said:

Only 65?  Wow, that's young.

Indeed. It is. It's also sad to see so many familiar B5 faces fade away. The show was epic, and the actors were excellent.

Here is a link to JMS's memorial for Mira Furlan, which most probably have read by now. Reading it myself, I learned something about her that I hadn't known previously and so I'm sharing it to this thread for posterity.

Edited by technoblue

59 minutes ago, Mog said:

Thanks for posting this @technoblue.

Never looked at the whole Minbari caste war and issues from that angle.

22 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

I knew she was from Yugoslavia but somehow never put 2 and 2 together when the Minbari civil war came along. 

Mm. This was something that let me see more of who Mira was behind the curtain, and it's a very nice personal story. I'm happy JMS was willing to share.

• azrael locked this topic