Happy 2021!!

I know this year has put everything and everyone through the ringer. And it is hard to believe it is almost over. 

To all you fantastic members and lurkers out there, may you have a very Healthy and Happy New Year! Let’s all look forward to a new year with positive outcomes!!!

I may be in the minority about 2020 but it was the best year of my life. I quit gaming last March and that gave me back time to improve my own health and relationship with my family :yahoo: Wife and I made financial and lifestyle changes that strengthened our marriage greatly and I love her more now than ever before :wub: Our children are growing strong and healthy. And our aging pets are still here with us. It can always be worse but it can always be better too :drinks: Happy New Year's!! 

9 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

I may be in the minority about 2020 but it was the best year of my life. I quit gaming last March and that gave me back time to improve my own health and relationship with my family :yahoo: Wife and I made financial and lifestyle changes that strengthened our marriage greatly and I love her more now than ever before :wub: Our children are growing strong and healthy. And our aging pets are still here with us. It can always be worse but it can always be better too :drinks: Happy New Year's!! 

No, you're not alone.  The year started off a bit rough for me, and the year before wasn't that great, but when things got locked down, I was fortunate enough to be able to work from home, eliminate my 1 hr commute to and from work, and I got to spend significantly more time with my family.  

Apart from getting a bit pissy about the Roy pre-order, I really can't complain much beyond that for 2021.  Oh, I got really fat, so I'll have to deal with that for 2021....

Slapped this together for our Iaido club, but I'll just reuse it here.  

Happy New Year everyone, and hope that 2021 will be better for everyone.

134814121_926677214806035_6682361762068603779_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=1NaAELkget8AX8-AvFt&_nc_ht=scontent.fyvr1-1.fna&oh=c043640f4c91b62a71170ab1cb3c6d94&oe=60148607

2020 wasn't as bad for me as it was for a lot of people.  I bought a new computer, new laptop, new living room TV, and adopted a cat.  Until yesterday I managed to stay pretty healthy.  No one at my house is out of work.  I even managed to take my daughter to a lake I used to visit as a kid.

That said, I lost my grandparents, I miss friends I haven't seen in almost a year, my in-laws had to cancel a trip to visit us so it's been nearly a year and a half since they've seen their granddaughter, my daughter didn't get to go to a preschool graduation, and kindergarten's been mostly the kitchen table.  And I really miss dining out.  So I'd still say 2020 sucked.  I'm hoping for better in 2021 (but I know better than to say, "it can't be any worse" because it definitely can).