Macross "The Flamethrower" series

Shawn

image.thumb.png.273179c8ec98f776e7a859e0832e1172.png

Ok, so there is this crazy series of Macross products from Seika Note, which actually includes what it IS, "ON" the product itself, meaning not a wrapper or sticker, but actually part of the item itself, including the size. I don't know why I find them so odd and interesting but I do. 

Its almost like the marketing/product development people took art that would be used to advertise the item in a catalog with size and description included, but accidently made THAT the product. Having a Macross poster with "Poster" and the size in the corner is just awesome.

image.thumb.png.3b87a71e0fd5a65b87fea0313d50b753.png

Here are some examples of these items, I would love to know if you have seen or found more!

S

macross_the_sticker.jpg

macross_the_poster.jpg

macross_the_pen_case.jpg

macross_the_sticker_02.jpg

macross_the_sticker_03.jpg

macross_the_writing_mat.jpg

macros_the_binder.jpg

macross_the_file.jpg

macross_the_lp_bag.jpg

macross_the_notebook.jpg

macross_the_paper_bag_01.jpg

macross_the_paper_bag_02.jpg

Oddly enough....from my searches....the set that used a combination of the Mikimoto character watercolor illustrations listed above is the most prolific of the "self-describing" stationery collection......the other set, which is less readily found....utilizes cel-shaded Macross character illustrations like shown below in addition to the watercolor illustration shown of Minmay.....I am not sure if this was a "one-off"...perhaps Seika Note finally said enough is enough on "self-describing" products and only the "Notebook" made it to stores!

large.20170507_131732.jpg.8b681a86d42099

large.20170507_131715.jpg.a71de9370c13cc

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...