21 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Don't know if anybody here is into Anderson's stylized insanity, but this looks like another must-see to me.

That looks like the most Wes Anderson film Wes Anderson has ever made.  :o

Edited by tekering

The thing about that Iron Mask movie with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Jackie Chan? It's actually a sequel to a Russian film called Viy which is roughly their version of Pirates of the Caribbean about a cartographer traveling to unknown regions of the world fantasy Marco Polo style to make maps.

The thing is neither Jackie or Arnold are the main characters in this series which makes me wonder how long they'll actually be in it. I wouldn't be surprised if this film pulled the same thing Executive Decision did. People went in expecting a Steven Seagal and got a Kurt Russell and John Leguizamo film instead. Not that that was a bad thing as ED wasn't that bad and seeing Leguizamo nailing a serious role is an eye opener, but it wasn't what people were expecting.

• 2 weeks later...

Coming soon to theaters Greyhound. "Inspired by true events" in the way that, yes WWII happened, but everything you see in the trailer is complete B.S. made up from historical fiction from C.S. Forrester.

So much wrong with the trailer in regards to real life it's giving me a migraine. If they really wanted an action packed over the top movie about U.S. destroyers that was stranger than fictiom they should have just made a film about Taffy III and the Battle off Samar during the Leyte invasion.

As stated in one of the comments, 'inspired by actual events' means there were boats floating on the ocean. Still looks exciting though and, unless it says it's a documentary, I'm not going to be too worried about some fiction.

Edited by Thom

54 minutes ago, electric indigo said:

Just back from "The Invisible Man" and I highly recommend it. Cool modern update of the classic, Elizabeth Moss is killing it in every scene, and great cinematography & sound design. The theater was hooked.

I saw it Saturday and absolutely agreed, fantastic film, very tense, a really killer reboot. I was going to post about it in the old Universal Monsterverse thread, this was going to originally be The Invisible Man movie for that universe until Tom Cruise's crappy Mummy reboot crap the bed, this thread works just fine though. 

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Yeah Artemis Fowl was pretty hard to get through, very boring. A half hour in and I relegated it to background noise while I worked on a LEGO set, another half hour went by and I was ready to turn it off, made it to the end though. I highly, highly, highly doubt I will ever fire it up and watch it again, it was beyond generic and uninteresting. 

On a whim, I watched The Wolf's Call on Netflix. I didn't have any high expectations for it, but I ended up pleasantly surprised.  Very reminiscent of The Hunt for Red October, but with a very different story. I highly recommend it if you're craving to watch a modern submarine warfare movie, albeit with a French flavor.

On 6/17/2020 at 3:29 AM, Valkyrie Hunter D said:

On a whim, I watched The Wolf's Call on Netflix. I didn't have any high expectations for it, but I ended up pleasantly surprised.  Very reminiscent of The Hunt for Red October, but with a very different story. I highly recommend it if you're craving to watch a modern submarine warfare movie, albeit with a French flavor.

It started quite interesting and with good FX, but I had to turn it off after they shot the helicopter with an RPG. From a sub.

14 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Finally got to watch FORD V FERRARI... what a damn good movie! 

Wish I was wealthy, would love to have that Ford GT40, what a sweet beast of a car. 

Exactly my reaction to the film.  ^_^

1809991623_GT40Mk_IIno.1.jpg.13d1f0de4ef36d1ca98417cea87d4aec.jpg

1628099553_GT40engine.jpg.99d2c7955b9422fb1ff1f83dd5a12037.jpg

1728872775_GT40spare.jpg.cdc9619ed1cad4a1b620a1150ca06d88.jpg

In fact, I couldn't stop at the GT40 Mk.II... I had to have one of those sexy Ferrari 330 P3s, too!

1032350157_Ferrari330P3.jpg.8de80a1dd40114af633689e0ea812511.jpg

387193191_Ferrariass.jpg.ab044defe90337e6d7d0c5d90f8576ef.jpg

175124417_Ferrarimaintenance.jpg.8ffe647b1a987eafb6ce7d02048e1ffb.jpg

1624302468_Ferrariengine.jpg.51b2418141996861e1fa9910315ffe8b.jpg

A kind of "Max & Miriya," if you will...  :p

1791467365_MMracecars.jpg.c9208bc5435dd250148dec99ba003133.jpg

Expensive toys, but well worth it.  :D

603585586_expensivetoys.jpg.3963a8bea0b5c7c9592ec7c0b6bc238a.jpg

On 10/20/2019 at 9:59 AM, 505thAirborne said:

We're just running out of ideas for movies anymore. 

Dwayne Johnson is been in some really bad films lately. Maybe he just wants to retire, and cash in as fast as possible, but I am 100% he isn't reading these scripts and being like, "wow this is the next Bridge on the River Kwai."

16 minutes ago, Agent ONE said:

Dwayne Johnson is been in some really bad films lately. Maybe he just wants to retire, and cash in as fast as possible, but I am 100% he isn't reading these scripts and being like, "wow this is the next Bridge on the River Kwai."

Its really Disney's fault. Outside MARVEL most of their recent live action films have been complete crap. That being said, I'm still hoping MULAN will be a good film.  

55 minutes ago, Agent ONE said:

That's my theory with Dwayne sometimes, he figures I'll make a ton of $$$ and then I'm out. Then again he was awesome in this SNL skit though. :lol:

3 hours ago, Agent ONE said:

Dwayne Johnson is been in some really bad films lately. 

Lately?  Is that a code word for "his entire career"?  He has had some good ones and he is a likeable leading man in the Ahrnold/Sly mold but he has been in a lot crap since forever.

STARCHASER: The Legend of Orin, the greatest Star Wars rip off is on Amazon Prime so go watch it now!! I remember watching it in 3D at the cinema and enjoyed the heck out of it.

https://www.amazon.com/Starchaser-Legend-Orin-Joe-Colligan/dp/B07D3HFDVM/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=starchaser&qid=1593525302&sr=8-1

Edited by TangledThorns