Saw the ALIEN Director's Cut in the theater almost 20 years ago, prefer the og film but recommend seeing ALIEN in the theater at least once in your life.

That being said I feel motivated to re-play ALIEN: Isolation again for the dozenth time.

4 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Saw the ALIEN Director's Cut in the theater almost 20 years ago, prefer the og film but recommend seeing ALIEN in the theater at least once in your life.

That being said I feel motivated to re-play ALIEN: Isolation again for the dozenth time.

I guess I am not that hard-core of a fan if I was not aware of the "Director's Cut" of ALIEN....what's betetr or worse about it?

1 minute ago, jvmacross said:

I guess I am not that hard-core of a fan if I was not aware of the "Director's Cut" of ALIEN....what's betetr or worse about it?

The Director's Cut includes a few extra scenes such as the Dallas/Brett egg morphing scene. Don't want to spoil it for you if you hadn't seen it yet but you can easily find the scene on Youtube. Worth a watch but kinda messes up the intensifying flow of the original film.

4 hours ago, Big s said:

There sure are a lot of rereleases of old movies these days. I guess nobody has a new movie to put out there

Between Covid, an overall box office slump since, and the Strikes the movie output is way down.

My children have been on a Batman kick for the past month. My six year old son just watched LEGO Batman, followed by The Batman and finally TDK via half hour parts before bedtime. My nine year old daughter loves Batman too but prefers the lighter movies, watching LEGO Batman and Batman 1989 this past month.

My lady was off work yesterday and we had just watched the week’s episode of shogun and she decided that we should watch part two of Rebel moon. I wasn’t too enthusiastic about it, but we had already watched all our shows that we watch together and couldn’t think of a movie to watch and the alternate was starting to sound like Ricky Stanicky, but we ended up with Rebel Moon part two. It’s kinda more of the same but without the whole trying to get a team together kinda thing. At around the part where people were trying to explain their backgrounds my lady was asking angrily if I was awake. The last thing I remember was a bunch of slomo birds eating some slomo spaceships while a slightly less slomo dude was watching a slomo lady doing a king of the world pose. I guess I was snoring really loudly. I went to bed and she finished it off. I’ll have to try and finish the movie one day. She said it was better than part one. 

I guess I gotta get some rest before attempting more slomo in movies and should’ve known this might happen again. I probably wouldn’t have liked Ricky Stanicky, cause it really sounded stupid, but I probably wouldn’t have dozed off 

On 4/20/2024 at 10:31 PM, Big s said:

My lady was off work yesterday and we had just watched the week’s episode of shogun and she decided that we should watch part two of Rebel moon. I wasn’t too enthusiastic about it, but we had already watched all our shows that we watch together and couldn’t think of a movie to watch and the alternate was starting to sound like Ricky Stanicky, but we ended up with Rebel Moon part two. It’s kinda more of the same but without the whole trying to get a team together kinda thing. At around the part where people were trying to explain their backgrounds my lady was asking angrily if I was awake. The last thing I remember was a bunch of slomo birds eating some slomo spaceships while a slightly less slomo dude was watching a slomo lady doing a king of the world pose. I guess I was snoring really loudly. I went to bed and she finished it off. I’ll have to try and finish the movie one day. She said it was better than part one. 

I guess I gotta get some rest before attempting more slomo in movies and should’ve known this might happen again. I probably wouldn’t have liked Ricky Stanicky, cause it really sounded stupid, but I probably wouldn’t have dozed off 

Watched Rebel Moon Part 2 as well.

Whereas the Part 1 was almost in the realm of 'so bad its good', this one is just a snooze because everything is just predictable. Kinda thought there's less use of non-sensical slow motion though, but man the scenes that's supposed to evoke emotions are really cringey. I haven't this much urge to look away at some of them since seeing Anakin & Padme rolling on the grass.

It's mind boggling how they can even announce that it's gonna be a total 6-parter flick. :wacko:

3 hours ago, MKT said:

Watched Rebel Moon Part 2 as well.

Whereas the Part 1 was almost in the realm of 'so bad its good', this one is just a snooze because everything is just predictable. Kinda thought there's less use of non-sensical slow motion though, but man the scenes that's supposed to evoke emotions are really cringey. I haven't this much urge to look away at some of them since seeing Anakin & Padme rolling on the grass.

It's mind boggling how they can even announce that it's gonna be a total 6-parter flick. :wacko:

6 parts……I had a tough time in the first part as well. The second one really did a number on me. It took three attempts to finish it off. It did feel like less slomo, but I think that’s because there was less action going on. It’s mostly farming. They knew the enemy was coming in like 5 days and spent most of it farming and the last two days on preparing farmers for battle. I don’t know how these idiots lost and how they dug those tunnels in a couple days and still had time for hair cuts. I liked the tanks, until they sucked and that didn’t take too long. The entire highly trained extremely well equipped enemy just sucked against a handful of farmers with a trap so obvious the enemy figured it out before the battle and still failed somehow