Thanks @David Hingtgen, that would have been very kind. I just checked Amazon however, and now you can get this! (all the reviews say it will play in US/Canadian players). Last time I looked over a year ago there was only the DVD version and it was always sold out. 

https://smile.amazon.com/Brotherhood-Wolf-Directors-Cut-Blu-ray/dp/B0102AL1HI/ref=sr_1_2?crid=13T38J39SKNUW&dchild=1&keywords=brotherhood+of+the+wolf&qid=1596473532&sprefix=Brotherhood+of+%2Caps%2C179&sr=8-2

Brotherhood of the Wolf was really something special; I got the art book "Proto" by french comic artist Mathieu Lauffray because it has the drawings that are presented within the movie. Too bad director Christophe Gans hasn't come up with anything of similar quality again.

And from my box of "The best movies you've never heard about":

ARQ (2016 Netflix original movie)

I'm not giving away too much by telling you that it's a time loop movie, only that it dawns to the participants that they can use this situation to their advantage, since they don't start into the next loop with a wiped memory... Plot twists abound as loyalties shift and stakes rise, and while the movie was clearly shot with a tight budget, the actors deliver and the suspense never stops when the opposing fractions try to out-smart (and kill) each other in the next re-spawn.

20 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Another 1980s animated classic on in PRIME!! ROCK & RULE! It has music by Cheap Trick, Iggy Pop and Debbie Harry. Though it looks like Prime's IS NOT the remastered version :mellow:

<snip>

Yeah! Great flick, often mistaken as a Ralph Bakshi production. The sound track is choice. :good:

The ending sequence in the US version is darker than the original Canadian release from what I understand (not dropping any spoilers). Not sure which version was the director's intended version, although I think the physical release may have included a commentary about it.

3 hours ago, technoblue said:

Yeah! Great flick, often mistaken as a Ralph Bakshi production. The sound track is choice. :good:

The ending sequence in the US version is darker than the original Canadian release from what I understand (not dropping any spoilers). Not sure which version was the director's intended version, although I think the physical release may have included a commentary about it.

Speaking of Ralph Bakshi... Prime has Fritz The Cat as well. First time watching recently and it was raunchy AF, crazy for its time. Seriously non-PC which was pretty cool!  

2 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Speaking of Ralph Bakshi... Prime has Fritz The Cat as well. First time watching recently and it was raunchy AF, crazy for its time. Seriously non-PC which was pretty cool!  

Fritz the Cat & WIZARDS are classics. 

Wizards (1977) | unshavedmouse

20 hours ago, TangledThorns said:

Pretty cool how Netflix comes out of nowhere with some of their films.

A lot of these movies/series coming out were filmed just before COVID-19 screwed everything, post production took a while. Same thing happened to The Walking Dead, they finished the last season but couldn't get the crew back in time for post. 

That said, I am super happy more shows keep coming out. :D

Saw PROJECT POWER on Netflix with Jamie Foxx and Joseph Gordon-Levitt. Can't remember the last movie I saw either of them in but anyways the film was decent and I was entertained. I don't think I'd watch it if it didn't have those actors in it though. Felt very similar to BRIGHT in tone and direction.

I'll have to give it a look on my next day off.

I did watch and finished the first season of Amazon's Absentia, with Stana Katic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebZleBP_ab4

Just started season 2 of 3.

Though the character is not the same, she plays a more hardcore 'Kate Beckett' in this one, which is not a bad thing. Very good over all.

(dang, forgot how to imbed a vid...)

Edited by Thom

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I hope Daisy Ridley continues to get decent roles; I'd like to see her career go in the direction of Harrison Ford's, rather than Carrie Fisher's.

Tom Holland seems to be doing well, but will he forever be saddled with that American accent...? :unsure:

4 minutes ago, tekering said:

I hope Daisy Ridley continues to get decent roles; I'd like to see her career go in the direction of Harrison Ford's, rather than Carrie Fisher's.

Tom Holland seems to be doing well, but will he forever be saddled with that American accent...? :unsure:

As long as Daisy stays drug free I'm sure she'll do fine :)

Yeah, I'd like to see/hear Tom Holland using his British accent for once. Just saw him in Netflix's The Devil All The Time with a southern accent, he was very good in it too.

• Roy Focker changed the title to The General Movie Thread
  • 4 weeks later...

Not sure if it goes here with Movies and Streaming being a mishmash this year but I just watched Soul and was glad to have seen it.  It was a change of pace for Pixar, yeah it had a talking animal and a character that was kid (like) but it was not a movie I think kids would want to see.  Pixar does not generally make shallow movies (Cars 2, cough cough) but this was more philosophical then they usually do.

Streaming is probably where it would do best, I have feeling it would have been a disappointment as a normal movie release, which would be a shame.

1 hour ago, easnoddy said:

Good stuff coming out of Korea. Watching Sweet Home on Netflix now. It's pretty fun. 

Will check it out.

Another good Korean movie:

I saw the Devil.