Sir Sean Connery passes

Sildani

13 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

With him goes an era of Hollywood.  My favorite roll of his was as Indiana Jones senior, the two of them had perfect father son chemistry.

"Sharing your adventures is a new experience for me."

"That's not all we shared...It's disgraceful, you're old enough to be her... her grandfather."

"Well, I'm as human as the next man."

"I WAS the next man!"

"Oh of course... Ships passing in the night."

Sir Sean was a legend in his own time, and I've missed seeing him on the big screen over the last decade or so.  I loved his wry sense of humor, and that great burr of his.  

His turn as Henry Jones Sr. is my favorite of his roles, followed by Ramirez in Highlander.  In just about every role he inhabited, he was a joy to watch, and the world is lesser for his passing.  Rest in peace, sir.

From oddly obscure films like Zadoz to iconic roles like 007, And even great secondary characters like Ramirez in Highlander or the elder dr Jones in last crusade, he was definitely great at what he did. He was so iconic my parents named me after him. My father was a big James Bond fan and my mom just liked Sean Connery. He had such a great voice that even parodies of him seemed more like tributes than insults.

My son, now 23 didn't recognize the name when I told him the news. However, once I told him Draco the Dragon was dead it clicked. My kids wore both the VHS and DVD copies out.  My fondest memory in film will be him getting out of a new Aston Martin Vanquish, followed by CZJ's trip-wire/Laser practice scene.  T. Dalton was my intro to Bond, so the bar was set just right for Brosnan to take over.  Can't think of a better example of what a "Kingly" King should be with his cameo as Richard the Lionheart and supporting role as Arthur in First Knight.