Wave 1/72 vf-171

seti88

43 minutes ago, TMBounty_Hunter said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

+1

I've been wishing, but never thought it'd actually happen... THANK YOU WAVE!!!!

now if it doesn't cost $50 per kit that'd be extra sweet, but either way, they're getting my money for multiples!!

19 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Whoooo! Finally!

Now watch that price be $50 like the VF-4 was! WHOOOoooooo... Wait...

C'mon, Hasegawa, get on it!

Hasegawa has had YEARS to get on board with the 171, I think this is it for now. 

WootWoot!! The poor 171 has been much maligned and little represented. Real cool to see a 1/72 kit coming along! Guess I'll be buying even more Macross. Hope they follow up with a radome-version!

And yeah, let's hope they don't do like they did with the VF-4. Cool they offered a kit with a weapons set, but NOT cool that they stopped selling the one without!:fool:

Edited by Thom

3 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Whoooo! Finally!

Now watch that price be $50 like the VF-4 was! WHOOOoooooo... Wait...

C'mon, Hasegawa, get on it!

I was resigned to that fact when I saw "Wave" but I don't care as much when it's the only game in town, and a resin kit would be more AND more difficult to build.

The text does say 2021, so assuming the calendar doesn't just roll back to start of 2020 as the clock hits midnight, shouldn't be too far away.

I was honestly contemplating collecting reference for a scratchbuild the past few months. Usually these announcements come AFTER you start a project just to spite you.

On 10/29/2020 at 7:41 AM, seti88 said:

All I can say is... it's about time. Too bad it's not Hasegawa though. #1 because the detailing would be more delicate, #2 because knowing Hasegawa, we could look forward to some cool variations and different unit decal repops down the road. But still, I'll take what I can get.

I guess we're getting at least 2 boxings out of this? The blue-green one and the beige one?

Having bought a few of the VF-4 kits, I can't honestly say the detailing is bad at all, but the shape was a bit awkward, having been flattened vertically in terms of the angles of the wings and tails.

What I do wish they would do is stop posting isometric views of their CAD models, because that is a terrible way to advertise.  It distorts the shape horribly in almost every way, making the model look misshapen from the get-go.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Gidiot said:

so did we get any news?

I haven't seen anything, only the plamax updates.

But in the original announcement pictures it says "2021", so there might be news around the year.

123008934_3483834698366547_2194586286501477145_o.thumb.jpg.5555fe026fe5b715be5112f1e5ada69e.jpg

Edited by Urashiman

• 6 months later...
  • 7 months later...