no3Ljm

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, jenius said:

I thought they were always doing a statue and kitzconcept was doing the action figure. Having handled the Kid's Logic Hikaru action figure... I think it's smart if then to go with a statue.

Yeah. I know they're mostly statues. So when they announced this back in October, I thought it falls in their 1/6 action figure category like Hikaru's.

Dana Pre-order placed.

Price wasnt as steep as expected, under 4,500. Of course shipping and customs will add a few more thousands.

Had to leave a note as always about avoiding the post office and providing tracking. You'd be amazed how many think they can just ship to Africa without any tracking, and then are actually suprised when the item is never received.

• 5 months later...
1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Has there been any word on the smaller 1/12 cockpit releases?   Been a little while since they asked for payment,  I figured it would have released by now.

As per their website 1/12 VF-1J cockpit estimate release was Q1 2021. Roy's VF-1S on the other hand is Q2. 

I don't think they post any updates on their social media accounts as well. Their posts I believe is more of what's coming next. 

16 minutes ago, Big s said:

The chest armor break is off to me. It looks like he went stupid and put it on backwards and then it popped off

True. It would've been nice if the chest armor kinds of popping out from the upper chest first and not have it sideways like that.

• 9 months later...

The chest armor still feels weird. If it's going to rotate like that after it detaches, it's already away from the Battroid... I mean, Battloid. It's the only part of the armor in that statue design that doesn't make sense. :unknw:

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

The chest armor still feels weird. If it's going to rotate like that after it detaches, it's already away from the Battroid... I mean, Battloid. It's the only part of the armor in that statue design that doesn't make sense. :unknw:

I knew there was something bugging me about it.  Yes, the chest piece either needs to be flipped around 180degrees, or moved the right side of the Battroids chest, even then, there is still too much contact, but it could be deemed acceptable due to the statue format.

On 3/8/2022 at 11:43 AM, jenius said:

C'mon guys, we're talking about explosive bolts in space plus the limitations of the medium. Imagine everything is spinning and maybe colliding.

So it exploded at him?  That’s a weird design 

Just now, Big s said:

So it exploded at him?  That’s a weird design 

Explosive bolts are actually very common in real spacecraft(probably real fighter jets too, though I'm far less familiar). When you need something to separate decisively and immediately, a strong kick is incredibly useful.

Especially in space, where gravity isn't going to help out. Without explosives, the separated part drifts along forever at basically the same speed and direction it was moving before separation. Which is to say, it doesn't separate until the thing detached maneuvers away. This is bad if, for instance, you're ejecting heavily-damaged armor that is impeding your fighting robot's operation in active combat.

Oh. 

It is a really weird position, and I'm not rightly sure how it gets there. I don't really see any way to go from "mounted parallel to the chest" to "perpindicular to the chest and touching right in the center".