[Disney] Raya and the Last Dragon

Old_Nash

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, TangledThorns said:

Same. Who is actually paying the extra $$ to see this??

Dunno...but apparently alot of people did for the Mulan live-action....which I also simply waited for the "non-premium" release....

It's funny....they did a straight release of Soul to D+, which was infinitely better than Mulan and I am sure it is much better than Raya.....go figure....:unknw:

1 hour ago, jvmacross said:

Dunno...but apparently alot of people did for the Mulan live-action....which I also simply waited for the "non-premium" release....

It's funny....they did a straight release of Soul to D+, which was infinitely better than Mulan and I am sure it is much better than Raya.....go figure....:unknw:

Hmmm, they did the same for Onward which was a decent film but also Pixar.

I took the plunge.  

Figured as a guy of Southeast Asian or a Pacific Islander descent (depending on how you classify Filipinos), I should support a film about the region and its cultures.

Plus (heh!) when you factor how much the movie tickets would’ve cost for me, the wifey, and our brood of munchkins, we come out slightly ahead.

In any case, the film’s alright.  I agree with a reviewer that said the main theme is kinda rammed at the viewer repeatedly.  But nothing in the film felt overly dumb.  And there’s definitely good things to like about the film.

As a music guy, I kinda like Soul more.  But Raya’s got its merits too.