Bandai 1/72 VF-1J Super Fighter (Max Type) instructions for decals?

ulvdemon

This maybe a long shot, but does anyone have or know of instructions for the decals for Bandai's VF-1J Super Fighter Max Type?  Bought the kit second hand without the instructions.  Was able to print them off from another site, but a little lost on the decal placement?  Since I will be doing a different color scheme, any help will be appreciated, thanks.

I really wish HobbySearch had a better search system, or at least more consistent item listings. I was searching for your item because I know HS tend to scan the manuals for their listings, but none of the keywords I used brought it up. Why there's no dash, or why there IS an "SP," I'll never know.

Well, regardless, glad everything worked out.

Bandai's decal application and painting instructions for those reissued Imai and Arii kits are notoriously incomplete. You basically have to figure it out on your own from staring at the pictures on the instruction sheet and the box. I'm not sure it will help here, but you could always install the Google Translate app on your phone. You can take a picture of what you want to understand (even if it's on a computer screen) and it will attempt to translate it on the fly. It's not a perfect system, but you can get a decent understanding that way. I've used the take-a-picture-of-my-screen method when I'm stuck with an image with Japanese text on it. If you have the text itself, you can go right to the Google Translate site, but that site won't work with images.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

If you have the text itself, you can go right to the Google Translate site, but that site won't work with images.

I forget if it's the case or I'm just imagining it, but I want to say that the Translate app can generate a regular text string from the photo that you can copy/paste as you see fit. So that would help as well.

1 hour ago, kajnrig said:

I forget if it's the case or I'm just imagining it, but I want to say that the Translate app can generate a regular text string from the photo that you can copy/paste as you see fit. So that would help as well.

You can also just use the google translate app on a phone or tablet and point it at your computer screen.

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You can also just use the google translate app on a phone or tablet and point it at your computer screen.

Of course. The CnP just allows for translating specific characters/phrases, which sometimes helps get a better translation.

I tend to turn off the "auto-translate" feature, if that's what you're talking about. For those who don't know, the Translate app offers a function to translate in real-time as you're pointing your phone/tablet camera at something (with the translated text superimposed on top of the original), eliminating the need to even take a photo. But I find it often does a worse job and the generated text is hard to read anyway, so I just don't bother and take a pic instead. Has it gotten better recently?

59 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Of course. The CnP just allows for translating specific characters/phrases, which sometimes helps get a better translation.

I tend to turn off the "auto-translate" feature, if that's what you're talking about. For those who don't know, the Translate app offers a function to translate in real-time as you're pointing your phone/tablet camera at something (with the translated text superimposed on top of the original), eliminating the need to even take a photo. But I find it often does a worse job and the generated text is hard to read anyway, so I just don't bother and take a pic instead. Has it gotten better recently?

Ah, I'd assumed you were importing a photo into the translate app/website.

I do the same, the "live" translation is still pretty bad. Sometimes you can get something decent out of it though.

I found this image from the MWF Legacy site. Looking at the 1/100 scale kit that I found, both has that different insignia for the Super Pack booster so I'm guessing maybe both scale have the same decal sheet. So hoping this 1/100 image can help you as well.

30553i.thumb.jpg.2d852587acf7ddc03ca191a296775dbe.jpg

ban_5199i1.thumb.jpg.bd811c52dbf9c7f6eed9ece1f3771ff9.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm