This morning I started to see "Mechastore" as the location for some Macross items on Jungle's international site. A quick online search revealed that Jungle just opened a "Mecha Store" branch: four floors, 1500 square meters of space, all robots. They posted a quick video tour on FB:

The tour guide blew right past the Macross stuff, but I managed to catch glimpses of it at 1:25 and 2:04. I spotted at least six HMR Monsters and lots of accessories for DX Frontier valks (screen caps below), but I suspect there's much more. This kind of specialization and investment on their part might work out well for collectors. Sure, Jungle's prices tend to be a little higher than Mandarake's, but sometimes I find stuff there that I can't find anywhere else.

image.thumb.png.521ca5eb1952c3f8fe74b1f0666007ab.png

image.thumb.png.58c37bf3daafcbd04fe80cb55a754a7b.png

I was actually looking for their HMR Monsters for someone the other day and they were gone, so I figured someone snapped them up to sell themselves. Looks like they were moving them over to the new store instead.

image.thumb.png.2928ffe9c576658086d69d1839d3078d.png

Edited by vladykins
3 minutes ago, vladykins said:

I was actually looking for their HMR Monsters for someone the other day and they were gone, so I figured someone snapped them up to sell themselves. Looks like they were moving them over to the new store instead.

image.thumb.png.2928ffe9c576658086d69d1839d3078d.png

So the six I saw in the video are the six that showed up online a few weeks ago. I was also wondering where they went. Maybe they moved all of the mecha stuff out of their main branch and into this new one across the street. I wonder if they'll do additional consolidation across all of their branches.

This does make a lot of sense. Last night I shopped at Jungle for the first time in MONTHS and was pretty surprised by their lack of inventory. Now it makes more sense. I wonder if the mecha store will get its own website or get added in as a location to the existing one.

Well, its another place you can visit when you visit Osaka.  I've seen the airlines destroy hard shell luggage.  I think I'll stick to having them ship the items to me.  So no real change in how I currently shop for Macross goods.

Still the same it seems:

https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/?page_id=116&cat=388&ra=&st=&kw=

Its just that now some items show up with the location "MECHASTORE."

They may have just removed the listings when they moved the physical location of the items.

I see what they did... They took over the space in the other half of the Osaka building and made it into the "Mecha Store."

Edited by DewPoint
after map research
3 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Well, on the plus side this ought to make it easier to have multiple things ship together.

I'm also thinking that there are some potential upsides to this new approach. Shipping consolidation is definitely one of them. In a branch dedicated to mecha, maybe we'll also see more Macross items for sale and get support from staff who specialize in that area of collecting instead of having to be generally knowledgeable about everything sold in the regular branches. I'm not expecting that some Macross super-fan is going to work there, but having staff focused on mecha would be a good thing.

Had a trip booked to Japan Pre-COVID and I was planning to visit the Jungle store in Osaka.  Went in Spring 2019 and it was great.  Huge selection of Macross stuff (got the Tornado packs renewal for something like 6,000 yen).  This was just before the web store reopened so there was a massive backlog of stuff in store.  This new store looks even nicer.  Hopefully it will still be around when travel opens up again.  I could spend hours just browsing through the store.

Don't know if they will be consolidating their items from around Japan, but the Tokyo store had an original Leopardon from the Japanese version of Spiderman in the original box.  Item was going for 270,000 yen but it was great to see.