RIP Eddie Van Halen

Whether with Dave or Sammy, Eddie made some of the best music of my childhood. He was already a rock legend, and his music, his legacy, will ensure he remains one. Condolences to his family, friends, and millions of fans around the world. RIP

My dad's really bummed. He was a musician, self-taught on the guitar, bass, and piano.  He cites Eddie Van Halen and Ritchie Blackmore as his two biggest influences.  Needless to say, I heard a lot of Van Halen and Deep Purple growing up.  I'm not a huge fan of either, although I appreciate the undeniable talent of both groups.  

Ah, 2020.  You just can't stop sucking, can you?

Just to be clear on the Star Fleet thing; despite a common misconception, May did not do the actual ending theme from the show - his version is a [i]cover[/i] of it. And I never knew Eddie Van Halen worked on it!

I think Van Halen was probably a bigger thing in the US than the UK, but even here Eddie Van Halen was known as a god among guitar players. RIP.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

On 10/7/2020 at 8:03 AM, F-ZeroOne said:

Just to be clear on the Star Fleet thing; despite a common misconception, May did not do the actual ending theme from the show - his version is a [i]cover[/i] of it. And I never knew Eddie Van Halen worked on it!

I think Van Halen was probably a bigger thing in the US than the UK, but even here Eddie Van Halen was known as a god among guitar players. RIP.

Yeah, sorry if I confused anyone. What happened Brian May watched the British dubbed version of Starfleet X-Bomber back in the day with his kid and became obsessed with it to the point of cutting a mini album covering the music with other musicians like Eddie Van Halen and the drummer from REO Speedwagon.

At first he never intended to release it, but in the end did and cut that promo video I posted for it. It ended up making it to Japan where Go Nagai(The robot's creator) saw it on tv.

The world is a better place for it being released.