The sqidd Recommends Reign Of Fire Movie

sqidd

I had seen the movie before. Maybe in 2002ish when it was released and at the time it didn't exactly blow my skirt up. Lat night I was half b!tching to the wife that aside from superhero movies most of what comes out of Hollywood is crap. And frankly, the superhero movies aren't THAT good. I asked why are there no good dragon movies? The best dragon stuff I have seen in forever is the short bits on GOT. It seems like a no brainer with today's CGI. Who doesn't want to see dragons? I told her that I think the best dragon movie I ever saw was Reign Of Fire but it wasn't exactly great. So we watched it. 

I stand corrected. The movie was actually pretty good in that old school let's keep it simple and have fun sort of way that you don't see as much of anymore. I enjoyed it. Do I think it was great? No, not great like Aliens is great. But pretty darn good. Certainly worth the time to watch it.

So there ya go. If you haven't seen it, give it a shot. If you have, maybe re-watch.:good:

It is a great, fun, no brainer kind of movie.  One of my favorite dragon movies.  My biggest beef with it, the poster promised me Apaches vs Dragons:  Hellfires vs Dragonfire.  That I wanted to see so bad.

Edited by Knight26

23 minutes ago, Dynaman said:

Bored me to tears as I recall, except the story telling segment was fun stuff.  You want Apaches vs Dragons?  That movie is called Dragon Wars and be careful what you wish for - you might get it...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!! No!:lol:

1 hour ago, Dynaman said:

Bored me to tears as I recall, except the story telling segment was fun stuff. 

That's how I pretty much remember it. Boring as hell, characters do obviously stupid things that get themselves killed, and the most entertaining thing was storytelling time with the Star Wars re-enactments.

39 minutes ago, Big s said:

My favorite dragon live action film will always be Dragon Slayer. 

Id like to challenge Hollywood to top that. It’s really not the absolute greatest movie, so it shouldn’t be too hard.

I beg to differ.  I think Dragonslayer is by far the best dragon movie made to date.  I'd even argue that the dragon design even rivals Game of Thrones' dragons, especially when you take into account when it was made and it's use of practical effects for the creature.  It also has one of the best creature reveals ever and it's use of music to further enhance the dragon is the cherry on top.  It's true that you have to sit through a middling story at best, but the payoff is well worth it, in my opinion.  I would argue that Hollywood topping the last half hour of Dragonslayer would be very hard, indeed.

However, for an example of how NOT to make a dragon movie, see David Carradine in Q.

I feel like Dragon Slayer is a bit better than mediocre, the effects and mood are great. But it does drag a bit. And I think that there is great potential to do better these days.

So many movies about dragons deal with a story about how they are the last of their kind. It would be nice to see one where dragons are  a common sight, just still a creature you probably wouldn’t want to mess with unless you really know what you’re doing.

Well, I'm gonna have to check this movie out. Never seen it. If someone were to ask me what I thought the best dragon movie is, live action, it would most definitely be Dragonslayer. Which, as it's been said, is ridiculous Hollywood hasn't done anything (dragon wise)worth while in decades..