Is There Another "Tenso"?

sqidd

15 minutes ago, Jaustin89 said:

I think White Rabbit and possibly Buyee may do that. They're both primarily proxy buying services but I think I remember them doing reshipping/consolidation as well.

Thanks for the reply.

A heads up, Tenso that owns Buyee.:good:

52 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Are you just looking for options or did you have an experience we should be warned about?

They charged me some shaky shipping. They have some pretty stupid consolidation practices/rules. All of them stacked up cost me $300 more than it should. I have team beat hands down when you apply logic. They're not budging though. I'm weighing if the $300 is worth burning that bridge.

20 minutes ago, sqidd said:

They charged me some shaky shipping. They have some pretty stupid consolidation practices/rules. All of them stacked up cost me $300 more than it should. I have team beat hands down when you apply logic. They're not budging though. I'm weighing if the $300 is worth burning that bridge.

Ah, I assume something happened to you like it happened to me.

Ordered some artbooks off Amazon Japan to my Tenso address, and they slapped on a ¥4000 fee for weight, on top of the shipping charge and the service fee.

29 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Ah, I assume something happened to you like it happened to me.

Ordered some artbooks off Amazon Japan to my Tenso address, and they slapped on a ¥4000 fee for weight, on top of the shipping charge and the service fee.

They consolidated 6 auctions into one box that was over their maximum dimensions (I'm not sure how that works) which bumped shipping to $600 over a slightly smaller box than their maximum dimensions that would have cost $300. Oh yeah, 30% of the box was unnecessary packing material. This is coming from someone who over packs everything. If they had any Tetris skills the box would have been $300 to ship. If they has stayed under their maximum dimensions and taken the one item that was "too much" and shipped it in its own box I would have paid about $360 for the two packages. If they had shipped all six items separately it would have been about $360. This is not the first time their idiotic consolidation practices bas bitten me in the wallet. This is just the worst.

Yeah, I should have paid more attention when I was paying for it and told them to smarten up. I was up in the middle of the night, saw the email had just come over, though "cool, maybe they can get it out right now" and I clicked pay without looking at the total. Lesson learned.

I've got a buddy in Japan. I'm going to have a few things shipped to him and then have him ship to me to test that option out. He will probably end up paying more for DHL shipping (I may open an account/get a discount though). But, if he just packs the boxes right it will save 30-40%. Tenso also has a 20,000 yen limit on packages for customs reasons. If I can get more stuff in one box and under-declare I can get the per unit cost of shipping down even further.

47 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I hate to say it @sqidd but it sounds like you are getting to the point where the time you save by not worrying about paying more for all these different schemes you come up with is becoming not worth the effort of just using ferry and calling it a day.:unknw:

Damn you Slave! I'm going to have the next box sent over ferry to see what the real savings is once landed. I wasn't going to tell you.:lol:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, could open a whole new world for you.:D

I hate boats.:lol: I have a rule about boats. If I can't swim back.....it's out too far.:p My own personal hell would be a cruise.:bad::diablo:

I hate boats so much I don't want my toys on them!:p

Ironically I grew up with boats. They've always been around. It's be a while but I can water ski pretty darn good. I do live in the state with the most registered boats after all..........

What does B.O.A.T stand for?

Bust Out Another Thousand!

Just now, sqidd said:

I hate boats.:lol: I have a rule about boats. If I can't swim back.....it's out too far.:p My own personal hell would be a cruise.:bad::diablo:

I hate boats so much I don't want my toys on them!:p

Ironically I grew up with boats. They've always been around. It's be a while but I can water ski pretty darn good. I do live in the state with the most registered boats after all..........

What does B.O.A.T stand for?

Bust Out Another Thousand!

Lol, one issue is your toys will smell like the ocean. :p

1 minute ago, Slave IV said:

Lol, one issue is your toys will smell like the ocean. :p

I like being on the beach. Or close to the beach. I like snorkeling and diving. Just as long as I can swim back. Now that I think about it the last time I was on a boat it was for diving off Belize. The boat broke down and we were stranded on a key for 6hrs waiting for another boat. That wasn't awesome. I almost got killed by a million hermit crabs!:lol:

The next day we were supposed to go deep sea fishing. I stayed on shore. But, some of that was based on being up all night hallucinating and playing fetch with two dogs and some coconuts .......I think. 8P I drank a few too many shots of what they call Bittah's. Basically a bunch of local plants soaked in rum. What could go wrong?:rofl:

27 minutes ago, sqidd said:

I like being on the beach. Or close to the beach. I like snorkeling and diving. Just as long as I can swim back. Now that I think about it the last time I was on a boat it was for diving off Belize. The boat broke down and we were stranded on a key for 6hrs waiting for another boat. That wasn't awesome. I almost got killed by a million hermit crabs!:lol:

The next day we were supposed to go deep sea fishing. I stayed on shore. But, some of that was based on being up all night hallucinating and playing fetch with two dogs and some coconuts .......I think. 8P I drank a few too many shots of what they call Bittah's. Basically a bunch of local plants soaked in rum. What could go wrong?:rofl:

Oh, that sounds like great times!