1:1 Scale DYRL Helmets

sqidd

I have one of these.  I love it.  It's heavy and loud as hell, but when I was on the supermoto it wasn't so bad. I took the plastic shielding out and wore some dirt goggles instead. The bike and the helmet together provided endless giggles. If I could get a whole riding suit that looked like a Macross flight suit, I'd be all in.  Kind of like these guys.....

7275301330_b795588b21_z.jpeg.53330d5bff8140276d458c7e1a6a2140.jpegBH-6IZYCMAAGVDR.jpg-large.jpeg.7fa610ac0417dc5c3aaba71f9ac9c086.jpeg

Edited by mantisfists

19 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

They updated the look with Kite and Skull logos instead of the random number? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

I didn't mind having the number on mine but would MUCH rather have these. Don't feel like rebuying either. F'ers, lol!

Yeah, they got me too! My Hikaru and Roy don't have the numbers. My Max does.<_<

I wonder if they will sell me just the stickers........I just sent a message. If I can get them I'll get you a set.

Edited by sqidd

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Those are really cool because they're so accurate. But holy smokes the money. I'd have to have a Hikaru too. Not going to happen.

I'll stick with the knock offs.

21 minutes ago, sqidd said:

Those are really cool because they're so accurate. But holy smokes the money. I'd have to have a Hikaru too. Not going to happen.

I'll stick with the knock offs.

Totally agree, years ago when the KO's first came out some complained that they didn't look as accurate... then they saw the Yamato price tag. The Knock Offs work out just fine. 

10 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Totally agree, years ago when the KO's first came out some complained that they didn't look as accurate... then they saw the Yamato price tag. The Knock Offs work out just fine. 

Yeah, considering I got them for $90!!!!:rofl:

I had a company called Pit Viper make me a "custom" (they're in his line but small batches) SDFM Hikaru atmosphere open face and a Roy open face to go with my DYRL stuff. The Hikaru was delivered first. What a complete pile of doodie! The helmet is the wrong scale, the paint work was horrible and the surface wasn't even smooth. I hated to do it but I used PayPal to help me return it and canceled the Roy. A real shame, I wanted them to go with my DYRL stuff. They were only $360. I would have gladly paid more for better helmets.

.1.thumb.JPG.6936f81617605316c516095f57cb96c2.JPG

.2.thumb.JPG.9de2f5625ac8f66cace0c2cca6affee4.JPG

.3.thumb.JPG.30c850f80dbffec4c33e5cf8def07cf8.JPG

.4.thumb.JPG.a331b0d671b6193be60d1af27dad78ff.JPG

.5.thumb.JPG.7cb32ec68c6f73aa4475666ce95b1a2d.JPG

.6.thumb.JPG.3d20060dca36eb2717042a9aa0e86e61.JPG

.7.thumb.JPG.b1ff85ace487bbbbe644cac559c24dfc.JPG

_44.thumb.jpg.1fdc83b466632145761b0bdd1de3bb1c.jpg

1 hour ago, tekering said:

Damn, dude.  My 1:12 Kitz Concept has a cleaner paint job than that! <_<

1305172977_KitzConcept.thumb.jpg.1b60e2b90c8e891acfe5ceb2351aec9a.jpg

3 minutes ago, Rogueload said:

And the red is too dark on that custom helmet.  Helmet looks like hot trash.  Glad you got your $$ back @sqidd

Right? I could have painted it better than that......and I suck!:rofl:

The owner of Pit Viper has major health issues. I think a bad heart.  Doctor told him to stop working before he drops dead but continues until he can find a buyer for the business. I think he also said his vision is bad too.  He also made a post explaining how he figured out the dimensions for the Macross helmet.  Based on inaccurate data even for Robotech.  That helmet design was discontinued after the last batch for being too difficult to make.

54 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

The owner of Pit Viper has major health issues. I think a bad heart.  Doctor told him to stop working before he drops dead but continues until he can find a buyer for the business. I think he also said his vision is bad too.  He also made a post explaining how he figured out the dimensions for the Macross helmet.  Based on inaccurate data even for Robotech.  That helmet design was discontinued after the last batch for being too difficult to make.

Poor guy. That sucks.