Raised By Wolves- HBO MAX

Well Damn!

that piques the interest... LOVED the opening shot of the ship slamming back into real-space

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Just watched the first episode and I thought it was excellent.  Excited to see more

It was pretty good. 

Ridley sure does love his Androids that are 1/2 I love you and will serve you dutifully and 1/2 I'll F'ING KILL you.

-b.

I just read/watched some reviews and the slow pacing was a common complaint. I thought the pacing was perfect and appreciate the low key exposition. 

Mother was great, look forward to watching her go berserk. 

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I just read/watched some reviews and the slow pacing was a common complaint. I thought the pacing was perfect and appreciate the low key exposition. 

Mother was great, look forward to watching her go berserk. 

A lot of people complain about slow pacing. I think it's the Michael Bay effect.

If the first Star Wars was released today people would complain about the slow pacing.

I appreciate slow pacing. You know, stories. 

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Honestly, I’m surprised it made it as far as it did. It’s like they didn’t have any clue how to make a show and just threw out ideas and instead of weeding through them for the best, they just used them all at the same time.

Either that or they knew it was getting canceled and scrambled to get everyone’s ideas on screen no matter how absurd before the axe came down.

Raised by Wolves is pure original sci-fi when compared to the established franchise sci-fi (STAR TREK, STAR WARS, etc) series saturating streaming. I can see why that can be a turn-off to folk who prefer the familiar stuff. 

Still, I thought it was fun with interesting characters. I'm hoping it'll find new life on another network but I doubt it.

1 minute ago, TangledThorns said:

Raised by Wolves is pure original sci-fi when compared to the established franchise sci-fi (STAR TREK, STAR WARS, etc) series saturating streaming. I can see why that can be a turn-off to folk who prefer the familiar stuff. 

Still, I thought it was fun with interesting characters. I'm hoping it'll find new life on another network but I doubt it.

I guess if original just means you took a shotgun shell of goofy ideas and blasted them at the tv screen . This show jumped every shark in the ocean and nuked the fridge on the way out.

Hm. It's interesting seeing the last few posts. I rewatched the first episode today and even managed to move onto the second, and my opinion of it is a bit more positive than the first run around. It still feels kind of... odd, and not just because of the remarkably uncanny valley acting on the androids' parts. I have very little patience for the outsized role theology plays in the narrative - it just leads to everyone acting incredibly stupid by everyone else, but maybe that's the point? Religious zealots responding to a distress signal and being too religiously zealous to see the practical assistance that's needed and/or asked for, only the opportunity to proselytize. Like c'mon, they're called missionaries, they've been operating for hundreds of years, did you not read a single history book? Not a marginally diplomatic mind among the lot of you.

Anyway, the religious conflict aside, the show has piqued my interest in a way it didn't before. Still really dig the androids' acting, still dig the setting, here's hoping it goes somewhere interesting... though judging by your posts, maybe that's a fool's errand?

2 hours ago, kajnrig said:

Hm. It's interesting seeing the last few posts. I rewatched the first episode today and even managed to move onto the second, and my opinion of it is a bit more positive than the first run around. It still feels kind of... odd, and not just because of the remarkably uncanny valley acting on the androids' parts. I have very little patience for the outsized role theology plays in the narrative - it just leads to everyone acting incredibly stupid by everyone else, but maybe that's the point? Religious zealots responding to a distress signal and being too religiously zealous to see the practical assistance that's needed and/or asked for, only the opportunity to proselytize. Like c'mon, they're called missionaries, they've been operating for hundreds of years, did you not read a single history book? Not a marginally diplomatic mind among the lot of you.

Anyway, the religious conflict aside, the show has piqued my interest in a way it didn't before. Still really dig the androids' acting, still dig the setting, here's hoping it goes somewhere interesting... though judging by your posts, maybe that's a fool's errand?

The first season was mostly good. The second season goes so far off the rails that you start to question the existence of rails