Crazy Macross Designs I want to see Built

slaginpit

Im so tired of the 1000000000000000s of valks being made. Sure I had two monsters sold the one that transformed...I got bored of that design but at least they took to making something out of the ordinary instead of just making the same old jets that roboform...

I want to see more cooler iterations of other mecha from the franchise. 

This is why I created the thread...

Like this...

Robotech ZBR 02 Mk IV Officer's Battlepod

Man that looks so cool, sure its Robotech but i consider it in the same universe 

Ya ya dont tread on me you Macross Purists ...I think the mecha between Robotech Beta/alpha and a macross Monster fusion is coooooool

7 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

Im so tired of the 1000000000000000s of valks being made.

I don't believe there are a hundred different valkyrie designs, much less a quadrillion... <_< 

6 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

dont tread on me you Macross Purists

I think you're posting in the wrong forum, kid.  :p

7 minutes ago, tekering said:

I don't believe there are a hundred different valkyrie designs, much less a quadrillion... <_< 

I think you're posting in the wrong forum, kid.  :p

Well its a Macross Toy want list ...and yeah plane meet robot robot meet plane...

They keep evolving Macross to abysmal K-pop anime ...why not evolve the mech

41 minutes ago, slaginpit said:

Im so tired of the 1000000000000000s of valks being made. Sure I had two monsters sold the one that transformed...I got bored of that design but at least they took to making something out of the ordinary instead of just making the same old jets that roboform...

Valkyries are Macross's most iconic design works... one of the main things that visually sets Macross apart from the hundreds of other mecha anime out there.

If you want boring, generic, slow 'n stompy, ground-bound robots there are loads of other titles that can oblige you.  Like Gundam.

Like this...

Please bear with us while we attempt to locate a vomiting reaction image strong enough to properly express the full extent of our disgust.

I'm pretty sure citing a Palladium Books "original" design from their "please don't sue us" collection in the Absolutely Not The Sentinels sourcebook is as close to objectively bad taste as it gets.  Even Robotech fans hated the designs in that book.

Man that looks so cool, sure its Robotech but i consider it in the same universe 

Ya ya dont tread on me you Macross Purists ...I think the mecha between Robotech Beta/alpha and a macross Monster fusion is coooooool

But the reality is that it's not, and it really doesn't belong here.

13 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Valkyries are Macross's most iconic design works... one of the main things that visually sets Macross apart from the hundreds of other mecha anime out there.

If you want boring, generic, slow 'n stompy, ground-bound robots there are loads of other titles that can oblige you.  Like Gundam.

Please bear with us while we attempt to locate a vomiting reaction image strong enough to properly express the full extent of our disgust.

I'm pretty sure citing a Palladium Books "original" design from their "please don't sue us" collection in the Absolutely Not The Sentinels sourcebook is as close to objectively bad taste as it gets.  Even Robotech fans hated the designs in that book.

But the reality is that it's not, and it really doesn't belong here.

What is that, a space herpie?!!!

On 8/19/2020 at 9:41 AM, slaginpit said:

It looks cool but it's not Macross.  Did any of the past or current creators of Macross design this?  No.  Did it appear in any oficially licensed Macross product?  No.  That's not purity, just plain and simple fact.

23 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

To be fair, Destroids were a part of the original property and the designs are as much a part of Macross history as anything else.  It's fair to want more designs like that in the Macross universe even if the existence of the Valkyrie makes them obsolete.  The initial Destroid designs were cool looking.  Though what he's referencing here is NOT Macross.

I also find his suggestion to un-ironically grift other things from other properties amusing.  That's not Macross, kid.

On 8/19/2020 at 10:41 AM, slaginpit said:

Like this...

Mospeada at best......thought this was an ALL-MACROSS section.....once again worthless moderating

4 hours ago, GabrielV said:

Don't look in the new toy topic.  

Not sure what you mean, but I think you are referring to the "most recent toy purchase" thread....if so, yes, that is so out of control by now that it would require just creating 2 new topics one in the Macross Toys forums and one in the "Anime and Science Fiction" forum...again worthless moderating 

That thread says "Macross or toy" so it has been a great place for Macross collectors to share what they have been getting regardless of brand. We are all Macross collectors so it's a great thread to see what's been coming up without going to another part of the forum. The loose moderation here is one of the best things about this forum. It really sucks when a forum is so tightly moderated that conversation can't evolve to talk about some other things especially when it stems naturally from OT discussion. People are good enough about getting back OT once whatever the side discussion is done. There is nothing worse than a moderator moving posts around to fit tightly with the topic because you get posts that pop up in other threads that completely lose the context of why they exist in the first place. Anyways, just chiming in my thoughts. I think the stuff posted here is cool to see and can easily evolve into what the title says because there are plenty of "proper" Macross designs we haven't seen in toy form yet.

I'm more than ready for the Valk designs to move on from the whole "long, spindly legs with wings making up a huge folded backpack" look that Macross has been stuck on since Frontier.

It was cool when it first showed up in Frontier, but it's more than ran its course.

Time for an evolutionary design change.

2 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Not sure what you mean, but I think you are referring to the "most recent toy purchase" thread....if so, yes, that is so out of control by now that it would require just creating 2 new topics one in the Macross Toys forums and one in the "Anime and Science Fiction" forum...again worthless moderating 

I don't generally mind, but I'm a bit tired of seeing spam posts with a bunch of un-spoiler'd pictures of hotwheels and cheap crappy looking marvel figs.

No offense to those who love em, but I have zero nostalgia for that stuff, and they just look cheap and usually ugly to me.

8 hours ago, Mommar said:

To be fair, Destroids were a part of the original property and the designs are as much a part of Macross history as anything else.  It's fair to want more designs like that in the Macross universe even if the existence of the Valkyrie makes them obsolete.  The initial Destroid designs were cool looking. 

More Destroids that appeared in Macross?

I forget which game this beast came from, but it's an official post-First Interstellar War Destroid penned by Kazutaka Miyatake—the Destroid designer—himself:

maverick.jpg

Then there's also the ADR-04-Mk XV S-Defender from Macross the Ride: http://sdfyodogawa.mywebcommunity.org/Stats/Statistics/Defender/S-Defender.php

adr-04-mk15.jpg(better pictures in the link)

Edited by sketchley

3 hours ago, Mog said:

I'm more than ready for the Valk designs to move on from the whole "long, spindly legs with wings making up a huge folded backpack" look that Macross has been stuck on since Frontier.

It was cool when it first showed up in Frontier, but it's more than ran its course.

Time for an evolutionary design change.

To be fair, the VFs in Macross Frontier and Macross Delta are all directly linked designs from the same generation and base model.

It's somewhat less than surprising that they all look similar.

3 hours ago, sketchley said:

I forget which game this beast came from, but it's an official post-First Interstellar War Destroid penned by Kazutaka Miyatake—the Destroid designer—himself:

That's from FamilySoft's Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Remember Me for the NEC PC-9801... one of a trio of Macross strategy games FamilySoft made.

That said, it's not a post-First Space War Destroid.  FamilySoft's Macross games were all side stories set during the First Space War.  Remember Me used a mixture of events from the TV and Movie versions, while its sequels Skull Leader and Love Stories used Movie version events in their stories.  The original mecha introduced in FamilySoft's games - the VF-X3 Medusa, LDR-04 Maverick, and SDP-1 Stampede Pack - were presented as original/improvised developments by the Macross's onboard factory similar to the SDR-04-Mk.XII Phalanx Destroid in the official setting.  You had to unlock 'em via the resource management mechanic in the games.  The Maverick was the long-ranged missile counterpart to the Phalanx meant to work in concert with the Monsters for long-range suppression attacks.

(In an entertaining coincidence, the remarks in the game manual imply that its full designation also ends in Mk.XV same as the later Super Defender.)

6 hours ago, jenius said:

If you look closely it's a bizarre Mish mash of borrowed parts.

Yeah, all of the designs in Palladium's Absolutely Not The Sentinels Sourcebook (AKA the UEEF Marines Sourcebook) were either Imai Files designs used basically unaltered or this kind of "frankenmech" (Palladium's own term) standing in for the Sentinels designs that had been deemed too close to the original Macross ones to safely use.  If you look, most of 'em are made from a combination of Legioss, TLEAD, and Auroran parts that are wildly out of scale with each other.

Ever since seeing Macross Zero, I've wanted a fully transformable Octos.

Destroidoctos-sub_small.gif

I still want a 1/60 Variable Glaug. I made my own with LEGO, but it's not quite the same. I also want an Fz-109a Elgerzorene, or an Az-130a Panzerzorene. The enemy mecha from M7 got no toy love, which is a shame. I also want a VF-14 Vampire, b/c who doesn't want a valk based on the A-12/SR-71?

What's the transforming police mech from? It's silly in a good way.

9 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

What's the transforming police mech from? It's silly in a good way.

There was also a flying transforming "Police Machine" in Macross 7:

https://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross7/citypm-vtol.jpghttps://www.mahq.net/mecha/macross/macross7/citypm-ground.jpg

It was also able to operate in outer space by switching the propeller engines for rocket motors.