Gall Force

I know there was a topic a while ago but honestly I found the series interesting.  We had two alien races, one the Solnoids and the other the Polymorphic Paranoids who can inhabit armor fighting a century long battle. Mid way through the first movie it borrowed a bit of aliens where a implant seed alien was sent to the ship to start a plan for a third race between the paranoids and the solnoids  that would, possibly, stand between the two.  But removing the seed caused a change and a male was born.  They after other deaths, land on Chaos, set up defenses and try to make out what's going on.  After Rabby, he solnoid in charge . finds out the truth by the blossom's computer,t he rest of the movie was to keep the kid away from both forces so they used the terraforming system to destroy the the surface....

Veteran anime fans (sounds so much nicer than "old", doesn't it? :)) may recall the parody "10 Little Gall Force/Scramble Wars" shorts. In "Scramble Wars", the finishing point of the featured race is a place called Bangor - which also happens to the name of the real town that was the home of Anime Projects, who distributed AnimEigo releases in the UK. I never have been able to find out if that was a coincidence or intentional! 

8 minutes ago, F-ZeroOne said:

Veteran anime fans (sounds so much nicer than "old", doesn't it? :)) may recall the parody "10 Little Gall Force/Scramble Wars" shorts. In "Scramble Wars", the finishing point of the featured race is a place called Bangor - which also happens to the name of the real town that was the home of Anime Projects, who distributed AnimEigo releases in the UK. I never have been able to find out if that was a coincidence or intentional! 

Hah. Either or maybe?

6 hours ago, darkranger12 said:

I know there was a topic a while ago but honestly I found the series interesting.  We had two alien races, one the Solnoids and the other the Polymorphic Paranoids who can inhabit armor fighting a century long battle. Mid way through the first movie it borrowed a bit of aliens where a implant seed alien was sent to the ship to start a plan for a third race between the paranoids and the solnoids  that would, possibly, stand between the two.  But removing the seed caused a change and a male was born.  They after other deaths, land on Chaos, set up defenses and try to make out what's going on.  After Rabby, he solnoid in charge . finds out the truth by the blossom's computer,t he rest of the movie was to keep the kid away from both forces so they used the terraforming system to destroy the the surface....

Chaos, of course, being Earth's moon and a virtual paradise that 'Adam' and 'Eve,' (that being the newly born male and I think the younger of the women on the ship) escape from when the surface is destroyed. They escape to Earth, while the Solnoids and Paranoids apparently wipe each other out.

I never did like that ending...

Edited by Thom

3 hours ago, Thom said:

Chaos, of course, being Earth's moon and a virtual paradise that 'Adam' and 'Eve,' (that being the newly born male and I think the younger of the women on the ship) escape from when the surface is destroyed. They escape to Earth, while the Solnoids and Paranoids apparently wipe each other out.

I have a theory than Ron D. Moore used Gall Force as an archetype for the BSG Reboot.

20 hours ago, Thom said:

and then it led to Rhea Gall Force where humans, after attaining some of the tech from the Blossom, fought a desperate battle against the MME. Its a nod to Terminator of course but without the time travelling person/robot.

3 hours ago, darkranger12 said:

and then it led to Rhea Gall Force where humans, after attaining some of the tech from the Blossom, fought a desperate battle against the MME. Its a nod to Terminator of course but without the time travelling person/robot.

Which in, some ways, is the sequel to Bubblegum Crisis.  ;)

I think Artmic made the ultimate time loop, with Earth being formed by a cosmic war between mechanical-biological "robots" and human-like aliens (that ends with the formation of Earth), whereupon Earth's civilization develops to the point where they create mechanical-biological robots that start a war on humans, and humans have no choice but to flee the Earth with the mechanical-biological robots chasing after them, thus starting the cycle again!

Edited by sketchley

10 hours ago, sketchley said:

Which in, some ways, is the sequel to Bubblegum Crisis.  ;)

I think Artmic made the ultimate time loop, with Earth being formed by a cosmic war between mechanical-biological "robots" and human-like aliens (that ends with the formation of Earth), whereupon Earth's civilization develops to the point where they create mechanical-biological robots that start a war on humans, and humans have no choice but to flee the Earth with the mechanical-biological robots chasing after them, thus starting the cycle again!

Yeah, I have a feeling that GORN, with some of the infrastructure still in place, might start amassing war material to attack the successors to the six girls that left the earth.(I bet you they might develop cloning tech or use the ships med tech to give them both girls and boys.)

Eternal Story is just kind of meh to me.  I prefer the two follow ups: Destruction and Stardust War.  Those two are much more focused and the mecha design clicks more with me.  Destruction is either my first or second favorite of the whole series.  It's competitor is...

Rhea Gall Force is my other choice for favorite of the series.  It's just a really good Terminator rip off.  The action is good.  The characters are solid archetypes.  The mecha design (mostly on the mechanical side) is really good.  The plot is standalone but could easily lead to more.

I haven't watched Earth Chapter in a long time.  I recall it feeling really cheap, as if the studio had no money and just pasted together something to have a release.  I seem to recall it taking the plot off in a direction I really didn't like or felt followed from what was established.  

Finally, there's New Era, which honestly isn't very good but I like it anyway.  It feels for a setup for a series that never happened, but so does Rhea.

7 hours ago, GabrielV said:

I haven't watched Earth Chapter in a long time.  I recall it feeling really cheap, as if the studio had no money and just pasted together something to have a release.  I seem to recall it taking the plot off in a direction I really didn't like or felt followed from what was established.  

Rhea Gall Force was done by Artmic AIC, same as Eternal Story and Destruction and Stardust war.   Earth chapter was done by Studio 88.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2020 at 10:28 PM, 505thAirborne said:

I always liked this one from Eternal Story. 

Gall Force Eternal Story - GEARS Online

Linky no worky!

3 hours ago, treker14 said:

Gall Force is one of my favorite animes. Besides Macross & Mospeada, it’s one of the few that I can watch over and over and not get bored. I love Rabby, Lufy, & Shildy and all their incarnations. I collect anime cels from all the series and some figures.

Pics? :)

2 hours ago, roboemo said:

Just curious, but does anyone watched Gall Force Revolution, the Japanese-only reboot?
It was a drastic change from the original, like entire conflict turned into Solnoid Civil War.

I watched some of it, but didn't find worth watching all the way through. It felt hollow and a lot of the characters make really dumb descisions. Remember the dinosaur scene with Wash from Firefly where the Hebivore and Carnivore work together to find new land and the Carnivore has his "Sudden but inevitable betrayal?" Yeah that's pretty much the plot of Gall Force. Revolution.

7 hours ago, roboemo said:

Just curious, but does anyone watched Gall Force Revolution, the Japanese-only reboot?
It was a drastic change from the original, like entire conflict turned into Solnoid Civil War.

I’ve watched it. I didn’t find it as good as the original series. There were many changes, the Solnoid, are fighting each other, the East vs West. Pony & Catty are part of what the Solnoid call a rebel group Etc. I think I would have enjoyed if it was closer to the original.

I agree to that.
Then again, I do find their uniforms interesting, even it felt too Regal than utilitarian.

Was thinking about commissioning arts based on that (not as good) spin off, haven't found the West force (the green one, especially the shoes, worn by everyone by Luffy--though consider that she had an astronaut-looking suit, so basically stuck with undergarments-equivalent).

2 hours ago, danth said:

No Kenichi Sonoda designs, no Gall Force, as far as I'm concerned. I feel the same way about BGC too.

I'll take that and raise it with no Hideki Kakinuma designs, no Gall Force.  ;)