Macross Plus turns 25yr on August 27th...

mcpaz

Hi all,

several weeks ago I realized (yep, I'm turning really old) that there must be some important date regarding one of the best anime of the macross saga: Macross Plus. The official launch date was August, 27th, 1995, so it is turning 25 years old in just some days from today... And I do not see any kind of event, or celebration mecha... Am I too disconnected from the forums? T_T

Sorry for bothering if there's a thread already opened for this discussion I haven't been able to find... But let me take the opportunity to say hi to you all and wish you and your families are all safe and sound and to keep safe!

Manu

PS: BTW, huge thanks to Shoji Kawamori and his team back then to create what is (at least for me) a really fine masterpiece which let me dream... and fly away with those caracters (Isamu, Guld, Myung) and those 3 mechas (vf-11, yf.19 and yf-21). 

Edited by mcpaz

3 hours ago, mcpaz said:

several weeks ago I realized (yep, I'm turning really old) that there must be some important date regarding one of the best anime of the macross saga: Macross Plus. The official launch date was August, 27th, 1995, so it is turning 25 years old in just some days from today... And I do not see any kind of event, or celebration mecha... Am I too disconnected from the forums? T_T

Er... um... I don't know how to tell you this, so I'm just going to kind of blurt it out.

You're about a year late.  

Macross Plus's 25th Anniversary was back in 2019... as the first episode of the OVA was released on VHS and LaserDisc in Japan on August 25th, 1994.

1 hour ago, isamu said:

Wow. Have they made any announcements regarding any kind of 4K BluRay release of either the OVA or the film? Please please please please, with cherries on top?

None that I've seen... it's only been about four years since the last re-release of Macross Plus: Movie Edition on Blu-ray.

16 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Er... um... I don't know how to tell you this, so I'm just going to kind of blurt it out.

You're about a year late.  

Macross Plus's 25th Anniversary was back in 2019... as the first episode of the OVA was released on VHS and LaserDisc in Japan on August 25th, 1994.

(quadruple facepalm and damn google search)

Mmmm...

that kinda explains everything... Thanks Seto Kaiba.

Edited by mcpaz

• 1 month later...