Sheryl Nome sitting chair

Jasonc

I finally got my hands on the chair I designed about 4 weeks ago, and I must say, I'm quite happy with all the measurements and the overall design. The chair is meant to style with the EXQ Sheryl Nome sitting figure, with a bit of a retro design that meets some flashy contemporary accents. In the pictures, you can see that the left foot lightly touches the ground, and does not alter her sitting down. the sitting space of the figure is measured to end right at where the sculpt has the flat portion sitting, allowing an accurate pose. I just need to figure out what colors to paint mine, but I may do a gold for the trim, or a wood like look, with the seat colored in her upper dark purplish color.

Anyways, after designing it the first time, I decided to add a curved rail onto it, and unfortunately, that made it very difficult to recast. I could, but it'd take a lot of time. Anyways, if anyone is interested in one, I did put it on my Shapeways store here: http://shpws.me/SaOe

SSC1.jpg.a86370c647a404691e366faf8eccac17.jpg

SSC2.jpg.478d13e24826906007cad9250ccff21c.jpg

SSC3.jpg.4f84f6bf116c5fa8b0ef947f0ad818e7.jpg

SSC4.jpg.2aa3a68669f167cd5010803a1dd6103f.jpg

SSC5.jpg.94007cd72ddf809d6e3948757451a4f9.jpg

Never thought I'd say this on MW, but hey, really nice chair! Personal opinion, wood grain and color would make it part of the scene and add detail to it. - MT

On 7/28/2020 at 8:05 AM, MechTech said:

Never thought I'd say this on MW, but hey, really nice chair! Personal opinion, wood grain and color would make it part of the scene and add detail to it. - MT

I never thought I'd be designing a chair with hearts on the legs in Macross forums either. I think a wood grain would work better as well. Ive gotten suggestions of doing the seat in a cream color, so the ideas are coming.

21 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Great scaling with the figure. This is always a great satisfaction when our ideas come to live !

It definitely iss good thing to see creations come to the doorstep, LOL. I remember being here, when everything had to be scratch built from wood, styrene, and any house materials. Things have definitely changed.