[Amazon Prime] FALLOUT

• 3 years later...
  • azrael changed the title to [Amazon Prime] FALLOUT
  • 3 months later...

Yup I'm even more hyped after that new trailer, it looks fantastic! And once again, Walton Goggins can do no wrong, the dude is an incredible actor, plus all episodes at once? I like that, makes the release for Invincible seem even more egregious. 

5 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Yup I'm even more hyped after that new trailer, it looks fantastic! And once again, Walton Goggins can do no wrong, the dude is an incredible actor, plus all episodes at once? I like that, makes the release for Invincible seem even more egregious. 

Definitely with you on the all at once thing. I also hate the long wait for just a few episodes of Invincible.

8 hours ago, Hikuro said:

yeah I'll watch this. I mean with t he disappointment of Halo, this couldn't be any worse. 

Halo was so bad I forgot to finish it before they pulled the rest of season one off Amazon 

Edited by Big s

16 hours ago, Big s said:

Halo was so bad I forgot to finish it before they pulled the rest of season one off Amazon 

way worse now. I think the showrunners are deliberately pissing the fans off and get off on it like the cable guys from south park.

2 hours ago, Tking22 said:

Guaranteed? Yikes. To each their own, but dumpster fire? In what way?

Let me be clear.. I really want it not to be a Dumpster fire, but unless you've been living under a rock,  or in your parents basement with no internet one does not need to look very far.  

I'll start with West World then...  First 2 seasons teetered beetween ok and good but never great.. the 3rd and... how'd that turn out again?

The Lord of the Rings reboot.. yeah nuff said

He-Man reboot?  anyone?

What I find amusing is how Amazon is touting this Fallout series with the headline about its the same writers from West World.. 

10 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

Let me be clear.. I really want it not to be a Dumpster fire, but unless you've been living under a rock,  or in your parents basement with no internet one does not need to look very far.  

I'll start with West World then...  First 2 seasons teetered beetween ok and good but never great.. the 3rd and... how'd that turn out again?

He-Man reboot?  anyone?

What I find amusing is how Amazon is touting this Fallout series with the headline about its the same writers from West World.. 

I mean, it's all subjective, I thought West World season 1 was fantastic, great stand alone season that later seasons never managed to reach in quality again. Rings of Power? He-Man? Those aren't related to this show in any way, I'm not understanding your logic. I could just as easily say Shogun is incredible, it's not related either but it's a show that's out and is a 10/10, that proves something I guess? House of the Dragon was great, Last of Us was really good, The Curse was fantastic, I just don't get the bringing up two other unrelated shows to make a point, there isn't really one, some shows are good and some shows are bad, that's kind of how it works. 

4 hours ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

He-Man reboot?  anyone?

I’m gonna look more at Amazon for examples and some of their stuff is pretty great. Sure Rings of Power was as you said a dumpster fire, but Reacher is pretty fun for being kind of a basic television series with a bit of streaming flavor added, The Boys is still one of the best things in the superhero category along with Invincible.

I personally think Fallout looks far more promising than Rings of Power and hopefully Amazon has learned from that mistake. Sure there’s a chance for failure, but it looks like a different kind of show. As far as video game adaptations, it looks far better than Halo from p+. And I killed the last of us on Max. I couldn’t think of one on Amazon.

14 hours ago, Big s said:

I’m gonna look more at Amazon for examples and some of their stuff is pretty great. Sure Rings of Power was as you said a dumpster fire, but Reacher is pretty fun for being kind of a basic television series with a bit of streaming flavor added, The Boys is still one of the best things in the superhero category along with Invincible.

I personally think Fallout looks far more promising than Rings of Power and hopefully Amazon has learned from that mistake. Sure there’s a chance for failure, but it looks like a different kind of show. As far as video game adaptations, it looks far better than Halo from p+. And I killed the last of us on Max. I couldn’t think of one on Amazon.

I mean, I think overall Amazon has some absolute bangers for shows.

The Boys and Invincible are a breath of fresh air for superhero stuff, The Expanse is one of the greatest scifi series ever made period, Man in the High Castle is brilliant, Reacher and Terminal List were both fantastic throwbacks to classic action cinema, Good Omens and Gen V were both solid series. I'd say Amazon is far more hit then miss, Rings of Power was an epic stinker to be sure, but to use that to try to say Fallout will be a dumpster fire? I'm just not following. 

5 hours ago, Tking22 said:

I mean, I think overall Amazon has some absolute bangers for shows.

The Boys and Invincible are a breath of fresh air for superhero stuff, The Expanse is one of the greatest scifi series ever made period, Man in the High Castle is brilliant, Reacher and Terminal List were both fantastic throwbacks to classic action cinema, Good Omens and Gen V were both solid series. I'd say Amazon is far more hit then miss, Rings of Power was an epic stinker to be sure, but to use that to try to say Fallout will be a dumpster fire? I'm just not following. 

Basically I’d trust Amazon over some of the other streaming services. One stinker isn’t that bad of a track record. Disney+ would be a different story. That’s where I’d feel worried about a show popping up, but Amazon isn’t D+ 

okay. not gonna lie, the way that power armor just flew down there and the arms waving around to steady it, THAT right there, awesome, that looked right on the money for a practical effect and I dig it. I'm watching it.