[R.I.P] Joel Schumacher

Not a fan of his Batman films.  At all.

But he had a pretty interesting list of films in his resume.

Phone Booth is an “under the radar” favorite of mine.

Schumacher was a competent director, and could turn a good script (with the right cast) into a great film.  :good:

1 hour ago, TangledThorns said:

180 grit? :lol:

'80s grit, more like.  :p

May the Lost Boys sequels be forever forgotten.  <_<

It's hard to reconcile a cool film like Falling Down with his two Batman films, which I thought were terrible. Actually, the majority of his filmography were decent movies. Alas, he left his mark in film history, and I'm thankful for the entertainment. RIP, Mr. Schumacher.

Am I one of the few that actually liked Batman Forever? :D Val Kilmer probably wasn't the best choice for Batman but I watched it as a young teenager and thought it was pretty good.  Batman and Robin on the other hand...:bad:

On 6/23/2020 at 9:28 AM, TangledThorns said:

Check out Joel's TIGERLAND if you hadn't seen it. It stars Colin Farrell's in one of his earliest roles and is really good in it too.

Tigerland is a great Vietnam War movie, great cast besides Colin Farrell, Clifton Collins Jr., Cole Hauser, Michael Shannon, etc...

On 6/25/2020 at 10:45 AM, Smacky said:

Am I one of the few that actually liked Batman Forever? :D Val Kilmer probably wasn't the best choice for Batman but I watched it as a young teenager and thought it was pretty good.

I liked it far better than Batman & Robin

• Shawn locked this topic