Stands comparable to yetistands

Jdmguy25

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2023 at 4:30 PM, blitz said:

Placed my second order of GokinPlus stands. Love them.

Does anyone know what this product is? Was it a Yeti stands product? It adapts the bandai stand for use with the acrylics arms like yeti.

image.png.7c17cd7dc482337ac30bc7606019e8a0.png

Does the bandai base have enough weight to keep from toppling over?

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Does the bandai base have enough weight to keep from toppling over?

DX bases are hollow plastic, they rely on the size/width of the base being underneath the center of mass to keep things from tipping.

I'd be very careful about mounting something too high up, or too much off-center with one.

5 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

DX bases are hollow plastic, they rely on the size/width of the base being underneath the center of mass to keep things from tipping.

I'd be very careful about mounting something too high up, or too much off-center with one.

this 100% it is why the arm stands for the bases i printed stay relatively low and why i do not trust the battroid mode arm  for those display bases. they are more made for fighter and gerwalk tbh, and i wish they'd make some better design.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm calling my Yamato 1/48 VF-1 adapters for Archi Stands complete. Tinkered with them a bunch over the long weekend, after not working on them for a few months. They can be printed in something more durable like PETG, but PLA does just fine with the way that I designed the structural reinforcements. There are four available: Battroid, Gerwalk, Fighter, and Armored Fighter. There are two Fighter versions because of how low the legs, arms, and gunpod sit with the armor attached. Plus the Armored Fighter is a lot heavier. They attach to the Archi Arcadia-A adapter. There's a tab that sits inside the Arcadia-A and a sleeve that goes around the outside for added stability. Even under extreme banking scenario tests they've held up just fine.

They are cradles, in other words they do not clip onto the valk. They leverage gravity and valk weight distribution in each mode, which eliminates worries about paint scraping (helpful for customs). I would not recommend tilting the valk 90 degrees or holding it upside down with the adapter attached. Not sure why you'd want to do that, but I'm putting the disclaimer out there anyway.

I'll be putting them up on Cults3D or another site soon. Will likely sell them as a set for a small amount, mainly to recover the cost of all the material I went through while designing them.

image.png.414ec65c1bdf93968ef5309faf28b82b.png

image.png.7de9311a5f0555baa80d72d259cab575.png

image.png.d126354db5f22a3434320848f982b2a2.png

image.png.07ff7d1eca695383a4fdaba60e5b8ff4.png

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

Wow your Roy is still so white! I think my chests have all begun to yellow. 

Wish I could say that I did something special to keep him that white. I've had him sitting on an open shelf for years, but I live in a really dry place at high elevation and keep the display room fairly dark. Some or all of that environmental stuff probably helped. I did have a wing on another 1/48 start to go yellow on me, but I think that happened a long time ago when I was living somewhere far more humid.

2 hours ago, Anasazi37 said:

I'm calling my Yamato 1/48 VF-1 adapters for Archi Stands complete. Tinkered with them a bunch over the long weekend, after not working on them for a few months. They can be printed in something more durable like PETG, but PLA does just fine with the way that I designed the structural reinforcements. There are four available: Battroid, Gerwalk, Fighter, and Armored Fighter. There are two Fighter versions because of how low the legs, arms, and gunpod sit with the armor attached. Plus the Armored Fighter is a lot heavier. They attach to the Archi Arcadia-A adapter. There's a tab that sits inside the Arcadia-A and a sleeve that goes around the outside for added stability. Even under extreme banking scenario tests they've held up just fine.

They are cradles, in other words they do not clip onto the valk. They leverage gravity and valk weight distribution in each mode, which eliminates worries about paint scraping (helpful for customs). I would not recommend tilting the valk 90 degrees or holding it upside down with the adapter attached. Not sure why you'd want to do that, but I'm putting the disclaimer out there anyway.

I'll be putting them up on Cults3D or another site soon. Will likely sell them as a set for a small amount, mainly to recover the cost of all the material I went through while designing them.

image.png.414ec65c1bdf93968ef5309faf28b82b.png

image.png.7de9311a5f0555baa80d72d259cab575.png

image.png.d126354db5f22a3434320848f982b2a2.png

image.png.07ff7d1eca695383a4fdaba60e5b8ff4.png

Great job @Anasazi37 , your dedication is much appreciated!

The Yamato 1/48 VF-1 adapters for Archi Stands are now on Cults3D. I'm selling them for $5 as a set of four (Fighter, Armored Fighter, Gerwalk, Battroid):

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/yamato-1-48-vf-1-valkyrie-adapters-for-archi-display-stands

image.jpeg.7277dd4a3ac5b33d779bfff7fc48800b.jpeg

Given the complexity of the designs, they may not be easy for beginners to print. You have to use supports in many places and there will be some post-print cleanup needed as a result. I pre-oriented the parts for printing to make them as strong as possible and to both limit the amount of cleanup needed and limit how visible the supported sections are.

On 12/1/2023 at 2:23 PM, blitz said:

Decided to recreate these adapters for personal use, wondering if there is any interest in the STLs.

I made my own version of the DX adapter and the yeti bandai stand adapter.

image.png.e23a8b554d665814a7c6d9fc66a81b17.png

image.png.976ad0276b454559e0c943b8e68ebe21.png

image.png.d4fe5fae1223a2c4e255eb255dd0154e.png

image.png.834c0536ab9251740dc8d9a0b44d89df.png

Awesome! That looks great!

On 12/2/2023 at 9:16 AM, Anasazi37 said:

The Yamato 1/48 VF-1 adapters for Archi Stands are now on Cults3D. I'm selling them for $5 as a set of four (Fighter, Armored Fighter, Gerwalk, Battroid):

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/art/yamato-1-48-vf-1-valkyrie-adapters-for-archi-display-stands

Given the complexity of the designs, they may not be easy for beginners to print. You have to use supports in many places and there will be some post-print cleanup needed as a result. I pre-oriented the parts for printing to make them as strong as possible and to both limit the amount of cleanup needed and limit how visible the supported sections are.

I will link this in my page for you.  Great work!

I added this onto my site.  Hopefully people can buy your awesome work!

https://gokinplus.com/products/custom-3d-file-for-arcadia-a-1-48-yamato-adapters

• 3 months later...

I finally got these printed and they look great with the GokinPlus stands!  Thanks to @Anasazi37  -- highly recommended.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

On 3/10/2024 at 10:38 AM, Reni said:

I finally got these printed and they look great with the GokinPlus stands!  Thanks to @Anasazi37  -- highly recommended.

IMG_0399.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0403.jpg

That turned out really nice. I love how the grey adapter blends in with the valk. Glad to hear that you like the design. I put a lot of work into them!