28 minutes ago, F360 said:

Nice! Thanks for the link. In for two!:good:

Just now, MacrossJunkie said:

It's been such a long time since I've been able to order something I wanted from Ami Ami that I don't recall... do they charge immediately or when they get the product in stock and are ready to ship?

0 down, pay on release

It’s bad enough they have her in hot pink.  Now, they’re snapping butt pics of Houquet:

D77917C8-2941-4CE0-8346-89A8924E70D1.jpeg.3121ae044c36160dbcaca7bec104dcf3.jpeg

They didn’t do that to Stick! 

#QuitFuke-ingWithHouquet :p

Despite some nits with the inconsistent colors and with the pinky pilot, I’m in for one.

58 minutes ago, Mog said:

It’s bad enough they have her in hot pink.  Now, they’re snapping butt pics of Houquet:

D77917C8-2941-4CE0-8346-89A8924E70D1.jpeg.3121ae044c36160dbcaca7bec104dcf3.jpeg

They didn’t do that to Stick! 

#QuitFuke-ingWithHouquet :p

Despite some nits with the inconsistent colors and with the pinky pilot, I’m in for one.

4fa1499edf230ff9-1024x512.jpeg.708a0ea067fe818f89f5274996920aa8.jpeg

Looks like somebody shoulda put a ring on it.

I put a preorder on it, though.  Still looks pretty damn good.

Taking a closer look at those pics, it really does seem like they intentionally went with varying shades of red, not that I mind at all. 

I mean just look at this pic for example:

set88044_11.jpg

The tip of the nose is a single piece, but the top of it is a darker red. The shoulder pieces look like they're molded in the lighter red color, but painted a darker red on the front and top whereas the angular trim on the sides are the lighter red shade. You can see the lighter red color also show through around the edges surrounding the recessed clear yellow pieces. 

Wow!  5+ hours after the Amazon.jp link was posted and I was able to leisurely place a preorder, how wonderfully refreshing.  This is also a testament of how much less popular MOSPEADA is compared to Macross, and how tone deaf Bandai is with their production numbers and product allotment when it comes to Macross DXs... specially the more popular variants.

On the subject of the garish color choice for the AFC-01Z pilot, I don't have any real issue with it as correcting it, if one so chooses, is just a matter of a little paint, a steady hand, and a bit of patience... no big deal, an unnecessary inconvenience at most.  HOWEVER!!!, Sentinel better not follow suit with that nauseating color on the 1/12 Houquet figure, because that would be a full stop NO SALE.

Edited by mechaninac

10 minutes ago, mechaninac said:

HOWEVER!!!, Sentinel better not follow suit with that nauseating color on the 1/12 Houquet figure, because that would be a full stop NO SALE.

Massive deal killer!

1 hour ago, mechaninac said:

Wow!  5+ hours after the Amazon.jp link was posted and I was able to leisurely place a preorder, how wonderfully refreshing.  This is also a testament of how much less popular MOSPEADA is compared to Macross, and how tone deaf Bandai is with their production numbers and product allotment when it comes to Macross DXs... specially the more popular variants.

On the subject of the garish color choice for the AFC-01Z pilot, I don't have any real issue with it as correcting it, if one so chooses, is just a matter of a little paint, a steady hand, and a bit of patience... no big deal, an unnecessary inconvenience at most.  HOWEVER!!!, Sentinel better not follow suit with that nauseating color on the 1/12 Houquet figure, because that would be a full stop NO SALE.

I think the main issue is there are less scalpers for this line. Its the scalpers on the macross stuff that spoils everything, even if bandai produced 10x more for their productions for pre orders, it means nothing if scalpers get every piece in hopes to flip a profit.

Edited by Guyffon

Is it bad that I'm already eyeballing the Yen-to-USD exchange rate to figure out when I should pay?

And yes, Sentinel needs to keep the Red Harbinger of Recessions(TM) in RED Ride Armor!

Houquet.jpg.d584526760e064f8c8c16a2348a7c46d.jpg

#QuitFuke-ingWithHouquet

Man this is how pre-orders should be. Just woke up for work....6am EST....checked the page and saw the links. Went to amazon and ordered. No muss, no fuss. 

Chris

4 hours ago, Guyffon said:

I think the main issue is there are less scalpers for this line. Its the scalpers on the macross stuff that spoils everything, even if bandai produced 10x more for their productions for pre orders, it means nothing if scalpers get every piece in hopes to flip a profit.

Could be, but I also think if Bandai where to make a pre-order window and announced the production run will be based off of pre-order totals from that “window”, it would keep scalpers down and allow most people to order. I’d be willing to bet the production total wouldn’t be much larger, if at all, than their normal one. This way there would be little to no incentive for scalpers to buy up the supply because most people would be able to get one on their own. 

Chris

Edited by Dobber

1 hour ago, Dobber said:

Could be, but I also think if Bandai where to make a pre-order window and announced the production run will be based off of pre-order totals from that “window” it would keep scalpers down and allow most people to order. I’d be willing to bet the production total wouldn’t be much larger, if at all, than their normal one. This way there would be little to no incentive for scalpers to buy up the supply because most people would be able to get one on there own. 

Chris

Exactly. It would probably all but eliminate scalpers.