31 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I don't like to wait, but my wallet could use some rest.

Ditto. ;)

Actually, I can't wait for them to push it back again. It already ruined my planned budget when they pushed back everything from January. I mean, I'm already well prepared if they came out January and February. Now it's going to mess up my budget because of the PF SDF-1 that I need to worry about this April. And right now, it can't hurt to wait another month for it again. ^_^

7 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Just got an update from CDJapan, It’s now April/May for these fuggers.  Dang, Sentinel.

Yeah, as been discussed from previous page. Stick is now April. And Ley is now May. Right now, I would be much glad if they move it another month. May & June. My April is already expensive enough with the Premium Finish SDF-1. Sentinel already messed up my budget from January, they should just move it another month. :lol: 

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah, as been discussed from previous page. Stick is now April. And Ley is now May. Right now, I would be much glad if they move it another month. May & June. My April is already expensive enough with the Premium Finish SDF-1. Sentinel already messed up my budget from January, they should just move it another month. :lol: 

May & June would be ideal for me too :lol:

There are a few public holidays in April & in June there's Dragon Boat Festival. So May might have to be the month that Sentinel get their manufacturing done in China. Although I don't know how far along they're in production.

On 3/16/2018 at 1:55 AM, RavenHawk said:

Not that I care much, since the boxes go in storage while the toy is going to be what's on display... but the box art looks a little uninspired. Maybe I'm spoiled by the recent reissues with some of the gorgeous 80s art.

Dunno....they seem to be trying to tug on the nostalgia strings to me....

Old school Imai kit boxart....

s-l300.jpg

aos05446_0_1511857217.jpg?v=1511857217

Does anyone remember the old toy stores, I'm mostly thinking mall toy stores, where they purchased Robotech or Mospeada toys in the 80s? I'm mainly wondering about the Japanese toys that didn't get the Robotech branding. But stores where you purchased Robotech as well could help. Most of the ones I purchased were Mospeada toys that's why I posted it here. This is the Cyclone that gave me nightmares with it crumbling all the time. Image from Anymoon.

Henshin%20Ride%20Armor%20Box.jpg

I know I didn't go to Japan or get them from friends. And with this one specifically I remember noticing the Cyclone and thinking Robotech even though Robotech isn't on the box. Also there were smaller versions. I know I had Rook's Cyclone. It wasn't detailed at all. I think this is it. Also from Anymoon.

Gakken-Mid-RA-8.jpg

Independently owned mall stores were the thing around Fort Worth back in the 80's.  Kay Bee came along and bought a bunch of them out, but I DO remember seeing that Scott Cyclone and wanting it more than I wanted my next breath, but mom and dad never got it for me...

On 3/13/2018 at 3:32 AM, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome troyness. ;)

The only thing I don't like so far from what I have seen on the photos is the placement where the footrest/peg is. It's way too back. Felt like you can't pose the figure in a 'relax' ride pose (sitting relax) but rather it's always in the 'race' ride mode (leaning closer to the bike). I really like the footrest placement on the Beagle's though. If only they made the folding mechanism on the other side where it folds rather where it is now, maybe then it will look much better... for me. ^_^

MDcPlvi.jpg

Anyways, I'm still excited for this. Can't wait till end of March so they can ship the first one. ;)

hehe! yeah those foot pegs are quite far back eh! kinda like a drag bike. Even though race bikes tend to have pegs a bit further back to allow you to brace and push forward under hard acceleration but these pegs mounted on the swing arm is a definite no no.. The shock would transmit directly to the riders legs and would make riding over bumpy surfaces next to impossible as the energy would be continuously trying to throw you off the bike! I guess the design of the toy being able to transform limited the placement of the pegs so they just had to go there. Either way I'm still hanging to get this ride armor toy! 

Also, so it looks like the release is now into April? Oh well, I've spent a fair amount this month on other stuff so I'm happy with that.

1 hour ago, spanner said:

hehe! yeah those foot pegs are quite far back eh! kinda like a drag bike. Even though race bikes tend to have pegs a bit further back to allow you to brace and push forward under hard acceleration but these pegs mounted on the swing arm is a definite no no.. The shock would transmit directly to the riders legs and would make riding over bumpy surfaces next to impossible as the energy would be continuously trying to throw you off the bike! I guess the design of the toy being able to transform limited the placement of the pegs so they just had to go there. Either way I'm still hanging to get this ride armor toy! 

Also, so it looks like the release is now into April? Oh well, I've spent a fair amount this month on other stuff so I'm happy with that.

Actually, the new design of the foot peg is faithful to Aramaki's design. It's just it's further back. Beagle version got it right on the previous design. They should've followed that placement somehow. It's a wonder why there's no side view promo pics where the rider is mounted. Because we will see how the feet placed further back. The only photo we've seen that the rider is mounted is the one below doing a 'stunt' shot.

beagle-mospeada-cyclone-9.jpg.7a063899d4aac499079992698ff35119.jpg

beagle-mospeada-cyclone-10.jpg.00f53c6a0052d0da9832eb008dd73e84.jpg

beagle-mospeada-cyclone-8.jpg.609461bebc0abfb406deac40cef141b1.jpg

499466-8.thumb.jpg.0392957f8b292ea626a056dd988f5ff4.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

2 hours ago, Tober said:

What scale is the ET Legioss?

By my calculations it's roughly 1/42...In 'Soldier' it's 20 cm tall and I think a Legioss is supposed to be about 8.5 meters tall. :unsure:

It's 1/48-ish. The Anime stats are wrong if you want to keep those proportions and have a proper adult man be able to fit in it. I did all the math almost 2 decades ago, old news.

EvolutionToy's offering is pretty good, but the main body and nose/cockpit would need to be thicker... Like this.

Screen Shot .22.08 PM.jpg

5 hours ago, captain america said:

It's 1/48-ish. The Anime stats are wrong if you want to keep those proportions and have a proper adult man be able to fit in it. I did all the math almost 2 decades ago, old news.

EvolutionToy's offering is pretty good, but the main body and nose/cockpit would need to be thicker... Like this.

Okay, thanks! I was trying to work out heights last night and the scale chart (if official) doesn't work out.

For all it's faults the ET Legioss isn't that bad. but the middle vertical area is too thin. And the head looks too small to me as a result.

1 hour ago, Tober said:

For all it's faults the ET Legioss isn't that bad. but the middle vertical area is too thin. And the head looks too small to me as a result.

And... they're expensive to boot. ^_^

19 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

If only Cap's version comes in colors. ;)

ET should've bought his specs. ^_^

Well it does come in all 3 models with corresponding decals... Including aircraft bureau serial numbers and loads of other markings and fine details never offered on the toys or even previous (plastic) model kits.

5 minutes ago, captain america said:

Well it does come in all 3 models with corresponding decals... Including aircraft bureau serial numbers and loads of other markings and fine details never offered on the toys or even previous (plastic) model kits.

Thanks Cap. I actually posted a question on your Mospeada thread. ;)

It's just that I haven't build anything resin specific and not sure if I will ever have time of doing it nor the place to work for it. :unsure:

On 3/22/2018 at 3:52 PM, derex3592 said:

Independently owned mall stores were the thing around Fort Worth back in the 80's.  Kay Bee came along and bought a bunch of them out, but I DO remember seeing that Scott Cyclone and wanting it more than I wanted my next breath, but mom and dad never got it for me...

Hmm. This was in a bigger mall, I always assumed it was a chain store. But I'll look into the older independent stores. I just found the mall where I first saw the Macross Gold book. That was an independent type comic / toy store in a smaller type mall compared to the larger style malls with big anchor retailers. But that mall is very different now. In fact it's not really a mall anymore but a strip mall. The interior stores are all gone and replaced by large chain retailers. It's really sad to see. They basically wrecked the interior that had walkways and ponds for places like Bed Bath and Beyond.

I don't think that Cyclone was very expensive. I don't imagine it was more than a video game. From what I remember, it was near the front of the store. I know I got the small SD valkyries there as well. I never saw those at the big stores like Toys R Us or Child World. I was leaning that the store might have been a Kay Bee or Circus World.

Edited by JetJockey

7 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Transformation detailed in the blog....

and further pics of stick...

I like it. From what I can see, I like it a lot, especially how the tank folds over the rider, front to back.

While it might be a pain to do, it looks like you MIGHT even be able to transform the bike while the rider remains seated the whole time (if shuffling forward during the transformation).

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Transformation detailed in the blog....

and further pics of stick...

Finally! Some new cool pix updates and transformation info. ^_^ :good: 

1 hour ago, RavenHawk said:

I like it. From what I can see, I like it a lot, especially how the tank folds over the rider, front to back.

While it might be a pain to do, it looks like you MIGHT even be able to transform the bike while the rider remains seated the whole time (if shuffling forward during the transformation).

It can, but up to certain point I assume. Because you still need to move the figure from the seat to the engine block that folds up where you need to snap the back of the figure. And with all the flaps and folds that going on during transformation, I rather think it's best to set aside the figure. ^_^