23 minutes ago, Mog said:

Nice. :good:

It still trips me out that Sentinel makes it so that the yellow parts on the sides act as the “eyes” for the Legioss.

So used to the front blue being a visor or eyes on the Zeta.

Don't see any reason it can't be a bit of both really.  Given the use of the yellow bits elsewhere, I'd think the ones on the head might be meant to be spotlights.

Either way, it really gives the Zeta a striking visage.  I love the head design, even with the antenna being annoying for fighter mode.

Edited by Chronocidal

20 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Doki doki :wub: 

Thank you @no3Ljm!

20 hours ago, Mog said:

Nice. :good:

It still trips me out that Sentinel makes it so that the yellow parts on the sides act as the “eyes” for the Legioss.

So used to the front blue being a visor or eyes on the Zeta.

Thank you @Mog!

19 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Don't see any reason it can't be a bit of both really.  Given the use of the yellow bits elsewhere, I'd think the ones on the head might be meant to be spotlights.

Either way, it really gives the Zeta a striking visage.  I love the head design, even with the antenna being annoying for fighter mode.

@Chronocidal, I kept bumping the antenna while handing in fighter mode, then having to set back in place. :lol:

Zeta and Eta

50939619871_f460f1655d_h.jpg

6 hours ago, MKT said:

Really excellent pics! The way the lighting sweeps over the cockpit somehow gives it a nice dynamism.. :wub::good:

Thank you @MKT I appreciate it. :)  There are times when I am readjusting the camera to get the light just right or to get a clear shot of the pilot figure and then there the times when its "Whatever..." :lol:

Not sure if this should go here or the plastic model posts, since it's Mospeada and not Macross..

Will happily move if it's the wrong spot. So I'm doing this thing with a 1/15 aoshima Yellow  ride armor kit. I got one of those Star wars non-scale Finn figures to be a donor body. Because it's body was roughly 1/15th even though it had a giant head. Doing some work with epoxy putty to create proper shoulders and upper leg armor. That whole squarish middle place between the arms is going to be hidden, so it's not especially pretty. Progress coming along..

IMG_20210214_223142.jpg

IMG_20210210_163857.jpg

IMG_20210209_083213.jpg

8 hours ago, lavinrac said:

The fun ones is I have the Bartley in 1/15 too and I have no idea what kind of figure to source for it!

Funny you should mention it...found this pic of someone using a AM Driver figure for the 1/15 Bartley.

I must admit it's very tempting!

(* The AM Driver "Moto-Bisar" bike has a very Mospeada like design)

Screenshot_20201220-013957~2.png

7 hours ago, Glasswave said:

Funny you should mention it...found this pic of someone using a AM Driver figure for the 1/15 Bartley.

I must admit it's very tempting!

(* The AM Driver "Moto-Bisar" bike has a very Mospeada like design)

Thats gorgeous!  however for my project I need a smaller figure if that is as how it looks in the photo. The legs look way too long and to result in a very stylized version of the Bartley/Hoquet... to match and sit right next to my Yellow/Blowsperior I need a smaller, more human proportion fig. I an contemplating the bandai gundam fumina hoshino kit, but I am waiting for someone to get back to me about its exact height. Don't want to get it only to find it too tall ane end up building a weird 'waifu' kit (to each there own but im not into it. esp considering those are sposed to be high school kids in Build fighters!!!) For the Bartley I'd have to leave the oversized chest piece off too!

I sold off all my ET Legioss, when I got them back out of the box I looked at the legs in fighter mode and said "this is crap".  Its crap for other reasons, but especially for that reason.

They could have solved the aesthetic issue by simply making the wings bigger (and adding a mechanism to collapse them to compensate).

Happy to have better representations of the Legioss.

Edited by easnoddy

One of these days I'm going to take a crack at re-designing the Legioss into something that gives it a scale closer to the VF-1, stretching the proportions out to something closer to an F-18, and shrinking the cockpit relative to the rest of the design.  It would probably be a lot more lanky, but I think with enough hidden collapsing mechanisms, you could still pull off a fairly chunky soldier mode.

Mechanically speaking, the Legioss is almost like a mechanical mashup between the VF-1 and VF-19, with the way the legs, arms, and head are stowed.  The big difference is the way the intakes aren't directly connected to the legs, and form the torso.

This one really did finally nail the proportions though.  It's the first time I actually find the Legioss fighter an attractive design that doesn't look like a giant pair of legs dangling under a tiny jet. :lol: 

See, I think if I can get the torso and wings to fold up well, this is what I'd like to aim for.  It would absolutely be a lot lankier soldier, but the hardest part is working out a way to stow the huge wings.  Part of the reason the original Legioss works is because it's such a stumpy robot, and the wings are tiny compared with the body, so they fit easily behind it.  Get them this big, and they're going to need more folds to collapse down enough.

I'm thinking I might dig into my LEGO collection and see if I can't Kawamori the heck out of it.  If anything, I'm actually considering giving it a lot more Macross-ish design cues and styling to see if I can't make it look like a more logical progression from the VF-1.

Edit: Built out the model a little with rough shapes, so I might have to see how it winds up proportioned.  Wings are still huge.  Biggest thing I really have always wanted to work into the design was some way to streamline the back of the cockpit, because it just ends so abruptly behind the canopy.  You can also make the arms a lot longer in fighter mode if you give it VF-1 style elbow streamlining, and don't require them to extend for soldier.  Maybe even let the tails fold onto the outside of the arm as a shield, instead of tucking in, which tends to make the tails look extremely skinny and undersized for the design.

1781799051_ss(2021-02-22at08_34.31).thumb.jpg.558525b9386c7e329439063b9df8be59.jpg852861094_ss(2021-02-22at08_34.55).thumb.png.0be04748c585314f96bf8a638ce64d38.png

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, roboemo said:

Thanks for that link. But since it's a Robotech artbook, does that mean it will just be existing artworks with most we're already seen from the original creators? Or screenshots from each episodes and its synopsis? Plus probably artworks from Tommy Yune? Just asking coz I don't own any Robotech books from before. And I just thought that there will be a new artbook from Tatsunoko.

Edited by no3Ljm

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Thanks for that link. But since it's a Robotech artbook, does that mean it will just be existing artworks with most we're already seen from the original creators? Or screenshots from each episodes and its synopsis? Plus probably artworks from Tommy Yune? Just asking coz I don't own any Robotech books from before. And I just thought that there will be a new artbook from Tatsunoko.

Hmmm, never notice that, just found it on an old post not too long ago (week or days agao).

But the way it was written seems to be more focused on Mospeada.

4 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Despite the Robotech name, I'm pretty sure that the Southern Cross and Mospeada books are largely documents prepared by Tatsunoko. The discussion at their panels was that these books were compilations of source materials provided by Tatsunoko to help with the adaptation. For Southern Cross, there was very little material so the discussion was that Udon and HG were working with Tatsunoko to try to source more original production materials that they may have in a vault somewhere or something like that.

Given there have been two recent Mospeada books, my bet would be that the Mospeada book will be a rehash of recently published materials since it's the most available but it might be a nice opportunity to get that stuff at a lower price point. The Robotech book will almost certainly NOT include anything relating to Mospeada Breakers. 

Thanks @jenius! As much as I know that I will appreciate the english description in the upcoming Robotech book, I'll settle with what I have currently even though they're all in Nihonggo. I just love looking and drooling on those mechanical drawings. Period. Hehehe. :lol: 

40 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

If you want a great book on Mospeada, grab this one. 

MOSPEADA COMPLETE ART WORKS JAPAN ANIME BOOK NEW | #84560788

The image is not loading it seems. Just in case, I think this is the book that @505thAirborne is pointing out.

https://www.hlj.com/mospeada-complete-art-works-skg30670

I have it and it's awesome. :good: I only wish they expanded more info about the cover image inside the book. But hey, who am I to complain? :lol: 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

The image is not loading it seems. Just in case, I think this is the book that @505thAirborne is pointing out.

I have it and it's awesome. :good: I only wish they expanded more info about the cover image inside the book. But hey, who am I to complain? :lol: 

That's the very one! B))

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yeah, but being out of print and hefty price on Amazon didn't help.
But still glad to hear about it.

Also what about Genesis Breakers?