20 hours ago, akim said:

About New Mospeada artbook from Neko, do someone has received it from HLJ ?

Do we still have to wait for a long time ?

My order with HLJ still shows open (not fulfilled) so I'm waiting too. I'm sure they've get it in stock soon.

On 8/16/2020 at 3:10 PM, 505thAirborne said:

CM's is the only version out there that I know of and I would love to see Sentinel take a swing at it along with the Dark Legioss. 

IMG_4719.JPG

Love my CM's drone. Wish I'd gotten another one.

This arrived today from Amazon JP..

fs3yEVj.jpg

WudkCn3.jpg

I don't understand Japanese, so am just forming impressions based on the pics. There's 162 glossy pages. First 50 pages talks about the model kits & toys over the years - mostly the model kits. The toy section is only a few pages and from what I can see on this, it's not very comprehensive. They generally cover the brands released over the years but not every variant under the brand. For eg, CM's is only half a page on the ride armors and no mention of their Legioss & Tread. Sentinel's Legioss Zeta is there, the same promo pics for pre-orders, but no sight of the recent Legioss Eta. In fact, now that I'm thumbing through again, the kits & toys section only focuses on the Ride Armor & Legioss, none for the Tread.

The next few pages cover the new Genesis Breaker content. The new black & red Ride Armor is here, same renders as what was previously shown before. And couple of pages of what look to be very early sketches of new Imbit mechas for Breaker & its comparative scale to the Ride Armor.

The rest of the book then goes into the line arts. Unfortunately, I do not have the prior Complete Art Works book (tried to look for it recently, but prices seem crazy in the resale market & even then its out of stock) to compare with to see what is new here. The Drone Legioss line art @akim posted right above me is present.

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 6:35 PM, M'Kyuun said:

after mispronouncing Legioss, Mospeada, and Gakken, and then not knowing what intakes are called, I kinda lost patience.

So its sort of like hearing an American mispronounce veld ( correctly pronounced: felt ) and Khaki ( correctly pronounced: carkey )?

7 hours ago, Podtastic said:

So its sort of like hearing an American mispronounce veld ( correctly pronounced: felt ) and Khaki ( correctly pronounced: carkey )?

No, you’re mispronouncing those actually. There’s no “f” in veld and no “r” in khaki. Can’t just go throwing sounds into words for fun man!  That’s be like “dog” is correctly pronounced “drought”

7 hours ago, Podtastic said:

Doubtful. English has so many regional accents and dialects, no matter whether you accept UK or US phonetics as globally representative. One can say to-mei-to and another can say to-maa-to and all that.

3 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

No, you’re mispronouncing those actually. There’s no “f” in veld and no “r” in khaki. Can’t just go throwing sounds into words for fun man!  That’s be like “dog” is correctly pronounced “drought”

He’s poking fun at US English, but the UK phonetics should be written kaa-key and not car-key.;) The “f” for veldt is not unheard of, just uncommon (unless you’ve been to South Africa).

30 minutes ago, technoblue said:

Doubtful. English has so many regional accents and dialects, no matter whether you accept UK or US phonetics as globally representative. One can say to-mei-to and another can say to-maa-to and all that.

He’s poking fun at US English, but the UK phonetics should be written kaa-key and not car-key.;) The “f” for veldt is not unheard of, just uncommon (unless you’ve been to South Africa).

Z is zed?  That is all. 

55 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

Z is zed?  That is all. 

That’s a funny one. UK and US English used to be more aligned on how to pronounce the letter Z. Today, “proper” UK English uses zed as you point out, which is a derivative of the French and classic Greek and Latin pronunciations.

Some people like to say one way or the other is wrong, but I find it more of a language curiosity, myself.

5 minutes ago, technoblue said:

That’s a funny one. UK and US English used to be more aligned on how to pronounce the letter Z. Today, “proper” UK English uses zed as you point out, which is a derivative of the French and classic Greek and Latin pronunciations.

Some people like to say one way or the other is wrong, but I find it more of a language curiosity, myself.

All languages are amazing.  The inbid got by with a series of garbles akin to Zoidberg

1 hour ago, technoblue said:

ha ha... words in Afrikaans use "v" as a "f" but then again... alot of the words are strange in Afrikaans

all coming from the roots of a Dutch dialect

Edited by Snake Eyes

4 hours ago, technoblue said:

Well yes, kaa-key is right. Except I wasnt sure how an american would pronounce that. Carkey gets you close to the correct aa sound unless you over emphasize the r.

Pronouncing  the name of a place utterly differently from the way the locals do, while using the same language, is jarring. Just imagine listening to an audiobook where the narrator keeps saying Tezaaz when he refers to Texas, lol.

Edited by Podtastic

34 minutes ago, Podtastic said:

Well yes, kaa-key is right. Except I wasnt sure how an american would pronounce that. Carkey gets you close to the correct aa sound unless you over emphasize the r.

Pronouncing  the name of a place utterly differently from the way the locals do, while using the same language, is jarring. Just imagine listening to an audiobook where the narrator keeps saying Tezaaz when he refers to Texas, lol.

No worries. I get where you're coming from. :drinks:

12 hours ago, kanedaestes said:

BBTS is saying August which is two months from release so should be soon. I’m just now getting notifications for other Japanese figures released in June that they arrived 

I"m still waiting on my Legioss which I pre-ordered back in November.

Not Mospeada, but I'm also waiting for my Ah Megamisama Freeing Skuld bunny figure to arrive at BBTS.  It was allegedly released back in early June at the same time as the Belldandy figure.  I've had my Belldandy figure from AmiAmi for two months now, with not a peep from BBTS as to my pre-order arriving.

I'm also still waiting on my Fate/Grand Order Jeanne Beach version figma, which was released back at the end of May.

I just hope I get them.  I don't dare cancel my pre-orders and order any of them from Japan because the only shipping option is DHL and that would be something like $100 shipping for each right now because of DHL rate increases.  Plus, it isn't like that's really an option with the Legioss anyway.

I had wanted to see what the blue legioss was like in terms of quality before I took the plunge on pre-ordering the red one.  I just hope the pre-order on the red one doesn't sell out before I get to look at the one I've already ordered.

Still waiting on my BBTS as well, though I know sometimes they are two months behind- I watched everyone play with their Yellow ride armor for what seemed like forever before mine showed up on my doorstep.

I did order my zeta through AZ because they have my DX missiles and will have my DX tv super parts later this year, so I figured I could combine them all and ship in Jan.

Edited by vladykins

So, random a bit here.. I have been re-watching Mospeada.. im like 3 eps from the end.. and I see Yellow say 'when i was on Mars'  . so it occurs to me.. I don't know the backstory.. Of course there's the episode where he gets the feminine disguise.. but he was on Mars? Was he a real soldier? Did he come in the first or second wave?  Any documentation of this available?

1 hour ago, lavinrac said:

So, random a bit here.. I have been re-watching Mospeada.. im like 3 eps from the end.. and I see Yellow say 'when i was on Mars'  . so it occurs to me.. I don't know the backstory.. Of course there's the episode where he gets the feminine disguise.. but he was on Mars? Was he a real soldier? Did he come in the first or second wave?  Any documentation of this available?

https://robotech.fandom.com/wiki/Lance_Belmont

Lancer was shot down during the Robotech Expeditionary Force's first attempt to reclaim the Earth in 2038. He flew a non-transformable SFA-5 Conbat, leading Yellow Squadron, but crash landed during the attack. (Love Live Alive, Robotech: Invasion, Invasion)

A year later, he joined with his surviving comrades to destroy an Invid Hive in Paraguay. He met his wingman Dimitry, who had become an Invid experiment. (Robotech: Invasion)

Lonely Soldier Boy Yellow Dancer 1

"Yellow Dancer" in 2042. (New Generation: "Lonely Soldier Boy")

Working with Carla, Lancer took the name Yellow Dancer and passed himself off as a female singer, a role he originally created to avoid capture by the Invid. In 2043 he joined the fight with Scott Bernard and his resistance group. The handsome youth was quick to make light of his peculiar situation. They traveled across the Americas to reach Reflex Point, with Lancer flying one of the team's Alpha Fighter. (The New Generation)

He fell for the Invid princess, Sera, and helped her buy the Regess enough time to evacuate her people in the final assault. (The New Generation)

1 hour ago, lavinrac said:

Yellow Belmont's official character bio identifies his place of birth as Mars Base, Mars... given his age (22) he was presumably born there in 2060 or 2061.

The episode where his backstory is discussed/shown (#11 "Lullaby of Distant Hope") shows that he was part of the 1st Earth Recapture operation in 2080, and that Carla rescued him from the wreckage of his AF-03 Convert after it was brought down in the fighting.  His rank and unit affiliation are unknown, though it is noted he was a reluctant soldier who joined because his father was a career soldier and one of the commanders of the 1st Earth Recapture mission.

(Robotech's fans and, later, franchise staff assumed that he was part of the Mars 10th Battle Company because the Ride Armor he uses in the show has 10th Company markings, though it was likely salvaged in the original MOSPEADA.)

14 minutes ago, sjoebarry said:

That site's not even accurate for Robotech, never mind MOSPEADA... 

19 hours ago, Seto Kaiba said:

Yellow Belmont's official character bio identifies his place of birth as Mars Base, Mars... given his age (22) he was presumably born there in 2060 or 2061.

The episode where his backstory is discussed/shown (#11 "Lullaby of Distant Hope") shows that he was part of the 1st Earth Recapture operation in 2080, and that Carla rescued him from the wreckage of his AF-03 Convert after it was brought down in the fighting.  His rank and unit affiliation are unknown, though it is noted he was a reluctant soldier who joined because his father was a career soldier and one of the commanders of the 1st Earth Recapture mission.

(Robotech's fans and, later, franchise staff assumed that he was part of the Mars 10th Battle Company because the Ride Armor he uses in the show has 10th Company markings, though it was likely salvaged in the original MOSPEADA.)

That site's not even accurate for Robotech, never mind MOSPEADA... 

Who is this lance fellow and why does he look so much like Yellow from Mospeada?

;)