16 hours ago, Mog said:

But look at Houquet’s facial expression:  she looks sad to be wearing that pink armor.

Mobilize the Houquet Rouge!

#QuitFuke-ingWithHouquet

:D

True. Now that you mention it.. Check out Mint's facial expression, she's HORRIFIED.

So I know Bandai seems to hate us here in the USA, but I was wondering. Does Sentinel? I'd like to get my hands on a replacement for my 1/48 Legioss Pilot figure. He's too Flimsy and weak, and my attempts to improve him let do a better paint job. But tighter joints due to the paint. Head broke off and I pinned it like when you're doing a resin kit... Works but it bugs me.  

I have a friend who lives there who could probably 'receive' the pilot if I can figure out how to order one.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, lavinrac said:

So I know Bandai seems to hate us here in the USA, but I was wondering. Does Sentinel? I'd like to get my hands on a replacement for my 1/48 Legioss Pilot figure. He's too Flimsy and weak, and my attempts to improve him let do a better paint job. But tighter joints due to the paint. Head broke off and I pinned it like when you're doing a resin kit... Works but it bugs me.  

I have a friend who lives there who could probably 'receive' the pilot if I can figure out how to order one.

Thoughts?

Two people in this thread said they reached out to sentinel directly and it was sounding positive. I think they didn't think the effort of dealing with another licensor was worth the possible additional sales.

52 minutes ago, jenius said:

Two people in this thread said they reached out to sentinel directly and it was sounding positive. I think they didn't think the effort of dealing with another licensor was worth the possible additional sales.

Thanks I'll try to get in touch with them.

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2020 at 7:33 AM, Mog said:

So leaving off the whole hot pink vs. red issue, how many folks here would be willing to buy Houquet’s Ride Armor, based on the last updated prototype we saw?

Based on that last prototype, I’d be absolutely down to get one.

I'm slightly tempted in her case. I only wanted one example of human armour,  1 alpha and mb 1 tread, so its only a tentative mb.

On 7/20/2020 at 5:45 PM, danth said:

I got a response from Sentinel and it sounds like they are going to send me a replacement hand! Knowing my luck it'll be the wrong hand but we'll see. :D

That's pretty cool of them though. Especially since they're shipping to the US. I would have been glad to pay for the part + shipping if they asked me to.

On 7/21/2020 at 1:37 AM, Duymon said:

I recasted the legioss pilot. There was no way to get resin ball joints to work at this size or at my skill level so I just posed and glued the copy to get it to sit in there. 

20200721_013245_HDR.jpg.1af7afb6507e09f0676f7d4643da8904.jpg

Let me know if you are selling those pilots. I may want to painte 1 up while seeing if i can get a replacement.

On 7/17/2020 at 2:00 PM, danth said:

Would it be dumb to bug Sentinel about getting replacement hands seeing as the first transformation broke mine? Do they have any sort of customer service for the US? Probably not...

EDIT: Emailed them through the Contact Us page on their website. Hopefully I'll get a reply!

Thanks for trying this out. I have contacted about a replacement pilot figure. Will happily par reasonable amount. I emailed from http://www.sentinel-toys.com/ form. the 'union creative' site seemed to be unable to process mail sends.

In other news. I wrote it in English, put it in google translate, just to see what it would kind of look like.. and i am glad i did. "Stick" in quotation marks was translated as "f***ed" !!!!

So i changed it to 'pilot' I took Japanese for a few semesters in college. i don't remember the words so much but i certainly know that error would not have gone down so well.

Here's a pic of him painted so my posts aren't totally boring. He looks decent, but is even more inclined to fall apart since his limbs are attached with piano wire pins like i have done on a few resin kits (a lot thinner wire here tho!) 

Someone else had a better paint job that looked really nice. I didnt want to paint 100% of the figure, since i thought it would rub off, their's was nicer but this would have done if not for the breaking.

stick2.jpg

Edited by lavinrac

3 hours ago, lavinrac said:

Thanks for trying this out. I have contacted about a replacement pilot figure. Will happily par reasonable amount. I emailed from http://www.sentinel-toys.com/ form. the 'union creative' site seemed to be unable to process mail sends.

In other news. I wrote it in English, put it in google translate, just to see what it would kind of look like.. and i am glad i did. "Stick" in quotation marks was translated as "f***ed" !!!!

So i changed it to 'pilot' I took Japanese for a few semesters in college. i don't remember the words so much but i certainly know that error would not have gone down so well.

Here's a pic of him painted so my posts aren't totally boring. He looks decent, but is even more inclined to fall apart since his limbs are attached with piano wire pins like i have done on a few resin kits (a lot thinner wire here tho!) 

Someone else had a better paint job that looked really nice. I didnt want to paint 100% of the figure, since i thought it would rub off, their's was nicer but this would have done if not for the breaking.

stick2.jpg

That looks pretty good.  I'll bet the look of the fighter mode is even better with the proper looking pilot in the cockpit.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

I'll bet the look of the fighter mode is even better with the proper looking pilot in the cockpit.

A properly-scaled pilot makes a big difference, too...

appropriately-scaled.jpg.327410a2a384e7fca88a1ec673050e14.jpg

...especially when it comes pre-painted.  :good:

pre-painted.jpg.c670480f5c61e848044e022912412775.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find a reasonably-priced blue Sentinel Legioss?

My preorder through Amazon.jp was cancelled by the seller "due to Coronavirus shipping restrictions" a few weeks ago. I assume I'm stuck waiting for a re-issue (hopefully).

11 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find a reasonably-priced blue Sentinel Legioss?

My preorder through Amazon.jp was cancelled by the seller "due to Coronavirus shipping restrictions" a few weeks ago. I assume I'm stuck waiting for a re-issue (hopefully).

"Reasonably-priced blue Sentinel Legioss" doesn't exist. The original retail price wasn't even reasonable, to say nothing of second-hand prices. Your best bet might be to score a used one, hopefully in good shape.

16 hours ago, Mog said:

Is this the pilot from the Evolution Toys’ Legioss?

Yes, that's correct.  ^_^

15 hours ago, jenius said:

Tekering refuses to accept a manufacturer actually got it right 

Yes, that's correct.  :lol:

Although, just to clarify for fans that don't actually watch the show (like @jenius), my issue isn't with Sentinel's Legioss; it's with those nonsensical "official" measurements, that are inconsistent with both practical real-world physics and the animation itself.  

See Yellow run under the Legioss nosecone... without even needing to duck:

497847285_underthenosecone.jpeg.5f94ff5c0187ed920a623e07d3e4946d.jpeg

1335062820_noseconeheight.jpg.d6324c065e6b1f68bc2fda5ba3cda4b8.jpg

Most manufacturers (including our own Captain America) have taken steps to rectify these inconsistencies, which is why pilot sizes vary so wildly from one company's products to the next... and by giving us a perfectly-scaled 1:48 Stig Bernard pilot who barely fits into his Legioss cockpit, Sentinel has produced a mecha that would be impossible for a tall pilot like Yellow to fly (much less Jim "Lunk" Cooper).

two-seater.jpeg.80ac15aab4a8213e964cd8bc2d4bdcc3.jpeg

Jim and Mint fit into that cockpit, but neither would fit in this one:

950396293_toobig.jpg.7e5e7a4049ee29bb27431d05eebaaef5.jpg

If Sentinel does end up producing a Tread, mark my words, it's gonna have a much smaller pilot figure... or a disproportionally large cockpit module.  :unsure:

1147240152_Treadcockpit.jpeg.277cba1d095d6449c57dc987d99017f1.jpeg

Note how the animation itself features a pratically-scaled Yellow, whereas the animation model sheet depicts an impossibly large Houquet.

Depicting Houquet as impossibly large?!

Why they gotta give her body image issues?!11!!??

#QuitFuke-ingWithHouquet

:p

I wonder if Sentinel’s solution will be seating the pilot further back into the Tread’s body or have the pilot lie on his/her stomach.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

Depicting Houquet as impossibly large?!

Why they gotta give her body image issues?!11!!??

#QuitFuke-ingWithHouquet

:p

I wonder if Sentinel’s solution will be seating the pilot further back into the Tread’s body or have the pilot lie on his/her stomach.

Or just not having a pilot on the tread?  

I put the pilot from CM's in the Sentinel the other day. that was fun. Just to see. Yea way different scales though. but the plane itself is nearly the same. I think this is all just a simple case of 'anime magic' combined with 'it's a cartoon' I don't think the creators knew in the early 80's that near 40 years later we'd all be analyzing their work to this level.

I am thankful to have a transforming Legioss that looks good in all three modes. It was overpriced, but then again, isn't everything? 

On 8/6/2020 at 3:11 PM, RavenHawk said:

I have one on PO from BBTS. PM me. 

14 hours ago, jenius said:

I wonder if that's the art that convinced the folks at HG to change the official Tread specs to make it larger.

Nah, they did that because the fan "expert" they consulted fobbed 'em off with their headcanon instead of the official info... same reason HG thinks the Ikazuchi is twice the size it actually is.

Hey guys I just made a pre-order on TF Source for what looks like the 2nd re-issue for the Ray ride-armor from Sentinel.

The Scott preorder said pre-sold out...So I'm assuming i dont have to pinch myself that these are actually being re-reissued lol 

Are any of you guys pre-ordering and what are your thoughts on possible improvements including the infamous cracked hinges? 

Thanks!

Edited by Glasswave
Mis-spelling

I have not heard back about my request for price or if I could possibly get a new Pilot figure from Sentinel. I wonder if:

a. they didn't answer on purpose

b. I emailed the wrong contact

c. they are on a holiday

d. other.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, vladykins said:

I preordered the Stick and am waiting for September to see if it actually does release. I'm curious since I haven't seen any other re-release info anywhere but TfSource.

I wonder if it is a real preorder. I don't see this preorder anywhere else. Besides, arrives in September, very unlikely.

Edited by Masked Aviator