Don’t put that kind of evil on us, sqidd! :acute:

I wonder if the headfin can be tilted back in fighter mode for the Zeta.  Seems kinda un-aerodynamic to be pointing forward.

On 7/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, Shawn said:

Did I miss this - is this a re-release of the last book, or a new one?

https://www.hlj.com/entertainment-archive-genesis-climber-mospeada-nkp02481

Great news Shawn !

Thanks

I don't know too but the cover is different...Amazon link Mospeada book

Cover link

Which webstore do you use for an european customer?

Amiami, hlj, hmv....? 

Edited by akim

I've never been a fan of the Zeta, but I gotta admit...Riobot really nailed it with the fire engine red that they went with.  There are a few inconsistencies with the color that I hope they fix or are just lighting.  Mainly, on the wings, here....

06156360-2048x1365.jpeg.69c4fe783b5e52ac27b5fd9dc1b885de.jpeg06158487-1-2048x1365.jpeg.9892dcbf33ce09cc71901874a0f59164.jpeg

And on the head, here....

06156252-scaled.jpeg.45a3eb3aee5afe5af11849bca1c62313.jpeg

That's always been a peeve of mine, not to mention, it's been my experience that these color discrepancies only get worse with age with these toys, especially if they're on display or out a lot, like mine are.  I don't think it's enough to keep me from preordering one, though.  These things are amazing.

Edited by mantisfists

8 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

I've never been a fan of the Zeta, but I gotta admit...Riobot really nailed it with the fire engine red that they went with.  There are a few inconsistencies with the color that I hope they fix or are just lighting.  Mainly, on the wings, here....

06156360-2048x1365.jpeg.69c4fe783b5e52ac27b5fd9dc1b885de.jpeg06158487-1-2048x1365.jpeg.9892dcbf33ce09cc71901874a0f59164.jpeg

And on the head, here....

06156252-scaled.jpeg.45a3eb3aee5afe5af11849bca1c62313.jpeg

That's always been a peeve of mine, not to mention, it's been my experience that these color discrepancies only get worse with age with these toys, especially if they're on display or out a lot, like mine are.  

Some people actually like that, like "Gunpla color separation"

6 minutes ago, sixtybucks said:

Some people actually like that, like "Gunpla color separation"

Really?  That's a thing?  Man.  I had no idea.  I know it's just a toy, but my imagination runs away with me whenever I look at or handle these toys and that always took away from that.  It reminded me that it was a toy, as stupid and childish as that sounds.  Ah, well.  Like I said, won't stop me from getting it.  My inner geek will just have to ignore it.

2 hours ago, Mog said:

Don’t put that kind of evil on us, sqidd! :acute:

I wonder if the headfin can be tilted back in fighter mode for the Zeta.  Seems kinda un-aerodynamic to be pointing forward.

Yep- it flips back in battloid so you can do so in fighter; if previous legioss toys are any indication, it should also come to about the same height and thus have ground clearance with the landing gear down.

6 hours ago, akim said:

Which webstore do you use for an european customer?

Amiami, hlj, hmv....? 

Edited 6 hours ago by akim

Akim,
HLJ ships to Europe, but if you have any problems, I'll happily ship to you once I get mine (you've been a great help in the past)
https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001861474-Shipping-Methods-Overview
Shawn

71SsMZTUXkL.jpg

With all the custom modifications made to that vintage Imai kit (metal parts, LED headlights, sideview mirrors), you'd think he would modify the figure so it could at least sit on the bike...  :unsure:

17 hours ago, sh9000 said:

They look like erasers.

Or some kid is going to mistake it for some pieces of bubblegum and pop it in their mouth.

Gosh, I hope that's just a mis-transformation and that the head fin can be tilted the other way. That looks really awkward and silly.

se69.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

On 7/27/2020 at 9:42 AM, jenius said:

There's a picture of it sitting on the landing gear straight forward and it doesn't appear to be an issue.

Is this the image you are looking at?

06157456-1-1024x683.jpg.64d439558f0454fffbb39868194e854a.jpg

If so the head-fin appears to be completely blocked by the front landing gear, so I'm not sure how you can tell if the fin is dragging or not.  If there is another image you are referring to, could you post it or a link?

Thanks, Carl 

2 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Also as an emergency landing brake. So many uses!

se67.jpg

C’mon now, that’s clearly a tail hook for carrier landings. :D

Digging the AFC-01Z with Pinky The Crab Slayer heroine action figure. Not sure why an energy weapon would need a longer barrel, but it does clean up the look of the gun and gets rid of that awkward banana clip. My issue with the unpainted plastic is that it'll turn an unsighly yellow over time. Considering the price point of the figure, I would have liked to have all the major surfaces painted.

40 minutes ago, Mog said:

C’mon now, that’s clearly a tail hook for carrier landings. :D

The head looks crooked in that pic, I'm optimistic it's not an issue. At the least, we know it's not so severe the wheel is up.

21 minutes ago, jenius said:

The head looks crooked in that pic, I'm optimistic it's not an issue. At the least, we know it's not so severe the wheel is up.

I'm hoping it can actually pull back and have ground clearance, though I doubt it will be as much as in the line art

zeta-03.gif

From the pic of the top of the head, it looks like the fin can move, but I don't know whether it can move as much as it needs to. It would probably also need to be able to push into the head to make it smaller.

se64.jpg

3 hours ago, jenius said:

It looks like the front strut is not fully extended in the locked position. That might help clear the fin, barely.

I’m hoping the red is a relatively consistent tone.

The Zeta’s the only Legioss that’s mostly a solid color (with minimal white trim).

No need to muck that up with two or more red tones.