1 minute ago, Kyp Durron said:

I guess I'll just wait for a reissue and see what they're going to release after Zeta. 

I think you're going to be in good shape. They were so quick to reissue after the initial ride armor releases. I wonder if they would push the Zeta back and do an Eta reissue first...

28 minutes ago, jenius said:

My guess would be late August for BBTS. 

I’m curious how long it will really be for BBTS with the shipping situation in Japan. I can’t imagine they will pay for UPS shipping unless there is some sort shipping agreement that makes it more affordable for retailers. If not then their stock is likely being sent the slow ferry way and that could take months for them to receive their stock before they can even ship them out to their customers.

Chris

11 minutes ago, jenius said:

I think you're going to be in good shape. They were so quick to reissue after the initial ride armor releases. I wonder if they would push the Zeta back and do an Eta reissue first...

If they reissue Eta, I'll grab that the second I hear about the preorder, lol. I'm really, really hoping for a shadow fighter version, that's the one I want the most. 

For those in the know, do you think that the stock that comes to the American retailers will be intial issues or reissues? Just curious, as I orderd mine through TFSource, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if we ended up getting reissues with some of the known issues fixed. I don't expect that's the case, but it's a nice thought.^_^

3 minutes ago, M'Kyuun said:

For those in the know, do you think that the stock that comes to the American retailers will be intial issues or reissues? Just curious, as I orderd mine through TFSource, and it wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit if we ended up getting reissues with some of the known issues fixed. I don't expect that's the case, but it's a nice thought.^_^

I’m like 98% sure it’s initial release. 

On 7/13/2020 at 9:19 PM, MKT said:

Always loving your video reviews @jenius

I wish Sentinel didn't change their square base design for this Legioss. For the longest time, they have been using this other somewhat modular base for many of their figures. The smaller base with the transparent plastic layer on the surface was used for their smaller figures (like the Ride Armors), but for larger figures, it came with additional, matt black connector pieces to expand the base into a bigger size.

Now, the base with this Legioss is similarly sized to the old expanded base, but simplified into a 1-piece design. However, the shiny and almost featureless surface reminds me of lids of boxes from dollar stores.

I wish they included the larger base pieces for the Ride armors...
going to try and make a 3D printed set and possibly a storage box to go underneath it.

15 hours ago, Duymon said:

woo hoo, somebody cancelled their Legioss PO on BBTS so I nabbed it for my 2nd eta

woohoo.png.318a9be76448338ffb38123b615396e6.png

2nd one... sigh, cant even afford a first one.
On that topic.. do you guys have a yearly budget for figures or do you just have tons of disposable cash?

3 hours ago, Snake Eyes said:

On that topic.. do you guys have a yearly budget for figures or do you just have tons of disposable cash?

Tons of disposable cash.;)

If I have any leftover after paying my expeneses and putting money away for savings I put it into my paypal as my allowance. Over the years my purchasing habits shifted as well.

I stopped eating out except for once or twice a month with the wife and quit buying any sort of canned or bottled beverages. Also stopped buying smaller items like cheaper action figures (like Hi-metal R) or small-scale model kits (Hasegawa macross / Bandai Gundam) that I would just add to my backlog.

It's meant the collection grows much , much slower than it used to, but when it does grow it's usually always a bigger ticket item like a DX Bandai, sentinel riobot or something.

Edited by Duymon

6 hours ago, Snake Eyes said:

Disposable cash.

Having a wife that only makes fun of me for it a *little* is a bonus factor.

It slowly becomes easier to save up when the toy/collector lines you were once into stop making things you like, keep releasing rehashes of the same damn characters, and/or switch to another scale size.

Plus, practical concerns like shrinking display space and life, wife, and family responsibilities slow down the collecting itch.

So when someone comes out with something truly awesome, somewhat rare or more “niche,” and has a good chance of getting somewhat “complete” (like Sentinel’s Mospeada stuff), you can go after it.

15 hours ago, M'Kyuun said:

I think Sentinel will fix those known issues as far as they can in the reissue, just like what happened to ride armour Stick.

16 minutes ago, Mog said:

What exactly did they fix in the re-issue though?

i honestly don’t recall any major differences between the two releases. :unknw:

They adjusted the fit of a couple flaps/balls, nothing major but probably on par with fixing that wing that pops off too easily. I'd be shocked if they don't adjust that overly tight shoulder joint also. I wouldn't expect anything beyond that but those would help a lot.

On 6/26/2020 at 4:12 AM, mcfly50 said:

All credit to Flapjack. If you are on MW too, thank you. 

Fixed it and ended up nicking myself in the process. Lol! The front panel is glued which I had to force it off. The housing of the thigh is secured by 2 screws. Open that up, rotated the leg and placed everything back together again.

Edit: Just to add. The thigh pieces are held together by yellow rectangular piece at the top. So 4 pieces in total including the front panel. You can carefully slide down the inner thigh piece so you don't have to pry the yellow rectangular piece off when dissasembling it.

21C2E510-3841-485A-824B-C95A0EBF24B4.jpeg

AC3B0D74-8696-400A-A8AA-2418BF8877AC.jpeg

This was posted back on page 246.  Is there any new info or different ways to fix this issue?  I'm really nervous about trying to pry off the panel on the thigh.  It feels like I am going to damage the plastic trying to pry it off.  A link to any other pics or posts on fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Decepticharger

27 minutes ago, Decepticharger said:

This was posted back on page 246.  Is there any new info or different ways to fix this issue?  I'm really nervous about trying to pry off the panel on the thigh.  It feels like I am going to damage the plastic trying to pry it off.  A link to any other pics or posts on fixing this issue would be greatly appreciated.

If you unscrew just the bottom visible screw there, you can get the nub past its stop with not much effort.

19 hours ago, Snake Eyes said:

I just live in debt up to my eyeballs.  Why not?  You cant take the money with you and you could be dead tomorrow...

On 7/14/2020 at 8:20 PM, VF-Zer0S said:

I’m like 98% sure it’s initial release. 

My thinking as well, but I'm hoping all the initial stock sold out, and the international retailers will receive rereleases with fixes. In a perfect world...^_^

On 7/15/2020 at 12:31 AM, Snake Eyes said:

Disposable income, but not loads of it. Like some of the other guys posted, I've become choosy about what and how much I collect. I'm not a completionist, which helps greatly when there are umpteen variants of the same toy for sale; I usually get one of a mold, unless there are interesting differences between releases, or the toy is well done enough to warrant a few repaints at the retail price. I collect primarily LEGO, Transformers, and Macross, in that order. I've recently discovered the Beastbox toys from 52Toys, so add that to the pile. I also pick up the odd figure here or there, like the Legioss, or Arcadia's Proto Garland, which fall into the category of long-sought after figures that finally got a quality toy. I've long been very good about budgeting, so I keep an eye on what I'm spending so as to never go overboard. It's a matter of discipline, and sometimes sacrifice. Most of the time, though, I'm able to get the stuff I want.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:01 AM, Mommar said:

By what method have to chosen to ship?  AE are pretty much not going to ship anything unless it's by ferry.  They've been holding on to an SHF figure of mine since end of March and the pricks won't ship by any normal method (i.e. DHL or FedEx.)  Only EMS, Ferry or some specific courier service that, oddly, needs my Social Security Number even though DHL and FedEx do not.  Screw AE.

Still no word from Anime Export on the status of this order. It shows in the control panel as "being packed for shipping," and that I'm supposed to be contacted via email to have it shipped, but I have not yet received anything. I'm going to have to reach out directly and find out what's going on.

It took me 3 days to get Hobbysearch to process my shipping upgrade and get my 1st eta out of Japan. it costed an extra 2100 yen.

I hope Sentinel does a 2nd wave of the Eta after they open Zeta preorders. While I do balk at the price of the Sentinels the quality of Stick/Rey/Yellow were really good and I don't mind paying the extra for such a niche series.

Plus I blame Jenius for his awesome reviews that convinced me to take the plunge

Edited by Duymon

Jenius has a talent for selling these things, doesn't he? You might almost consider it, dare I say, genius.:ph34r: ducking and running away...:lol:

Edited by M'Kyuun

36 minutes ago, Duymon said:

It took me 3 days to get Hobbysearch to process my shipping upgrade and get my 1st eta out of Japan. it costed an extra 2100 yen.

I hope Sentinel does a 2nd wave of the Eta after they open Zeta preorders. While I do balk at the price of the Sentinels the quality of Stick/Rey/Yellow were really good and I don't mind paying the extra for such a niche series.

Plus I blame Jenius for his awesome reviews that convinced me to take the plunge

I randomly saw his transformation vid for the Legioss being suggested on youtube, so I got curious. Prior to that, I had no idea the Sentinel Riobot version existed and thought it was an old vid about one of the older Legioss toys at first. I watched it out of curiosity and was surprised it was something completely new and was blown away from the engineering of it and how they managed to get the fighter proportions done so well.

I blame him for my purchase of one too. If I hadn't seen it, I would have remained blissfully ignorant of its existence. ;)

Quick question to those of you who have one of these in hand - the placement of the wings in fighter mode is curious to me. I guess I just don't remember them having a downward cant, even though the lineart may have shown this. What's the feasibility on the toy of having them be parallel to the ground? Heavy modification, or just a small tinker?

You can’t make them horizontal due to the tip of the leading edge is where the restof the wing pegs into and it stops at an angle, also I think there are stops that prevent the wing going higher. So not sure if it can be achieved even with heavy mods

4 hours ago, Axelay said:

Quick question to those of you who have one of these in hand - the placement of the wings in fighter mode is curious to me. I guess I just don't remember them having a downward cant, even though the lineart may have shown this. What's the feasibility on the toy of having them be parallel to the ground? Heavy modification, or just a small tinker?

post-1010-1267132897.jpg

I've seen several pictures like this that shows them angled downward, so I'm OK with their design choice. 

Edited by Kyp Durron

The wings are slanted in the animation as well.

16B61823-D0EC-4B95-BD20-7E84129B0004.jpeg.0cc656f1b0a4c6212d5636228c67b58a.jpeg

It threw me off at first too because I got so used to the toys having straight wings. While the slant doesn’t bother me aesthetically, I do think it would have been cool to have them positionable so we could angle or straighten them to our preference. Not sure how they’d do that though, there’s already a lot of stuff going on with the wing root.