3 hours ago, magicsp00n said:

I never even took my covers out of the box because I knew I'd lose them immediately.

The story has a happy ending now that I'm in the office with the sun up high. Opened up the window and let sunlight into my toy sanctuary (insert vampire hiss here). Last night the toy was on my desk and I was trying to get a convincing pose with it holding the gun across its body. To do this, the corner of the left forearm poked into the intake area popping out the piece. I heard it fall out and hit the desk but paid it no mind and kept massaging the toy into the perfect position. Once it was done I slid the toy aside expecting a little black circle to be there and it wasn't. It's round... it could roll... I should have stopped immediately. Anyway, it had rolled off the edge of the desk and onto my keyboard. I have a gaming keyboard (even though I never game) with a bunch of keys off to one side I never use and it had wedged in between a couple. With the window open it was pretty obvious when I pulled the keyboard back out again this morning.

I find that the cover on my right side has a decent enough grip but the one on my left side is always tenuous. I think that nail polish trick is probably very sound advice. 

Ironically, the part of the transformation that I was looking forward too the most is probably the biggest PITA in practice for me....the frigging cockpit. Getting the nose over the cockpit is tough for me for some reason like there is not enough clearance. Once in soldier mode I can never get the canopy open because the swing bars on either side block it. (Maybe I’m doing something wrong when transforming it. )

Then when transforming back to fighter getting the cockpit to lock back into place is such a pain. Not sure if the pegs on the sides of the cockpit are just a bit too long thus making it hard to get into place. Don’t want to sand them and then it will be too loose. 

Chris

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Think I'm still on target for having the transformation guide done for tomorrow. 

Awesome!:yahoo: I really didn't want to hammer fist mine and break something.

I would be happy to proof your article.......in the morning. Leaving to go night time mountain biking in about 5min.:good:

I just used your VF-0D transformation guide. Thanks!

Edited by sqidd

AmiAmi was gracious enough for their initial payment deadline which is first week of August. Not sure if this is due to the pandemic or limited shipping to the US. But I still ended up paying it. Excited to get a new toy after all these months. ^_^

4 hours ago, jenius said:

Not 100% done but does anyone want to help me out with some proof-reading?

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=15508

Think I'm still on target for having the transformation guide done for tomorrow. Then I'll pull the other Legioss toys out of storage for some comparisons and shoot the full review.

No top comparison with the cm's, ET or toynami? 

They way sentinel legioss legs tuck in fighter is one of the strongest points in the design improvement for me.

7 hours ago, jenius said:

Think I'm still on target for having the transformation guide done for tomorrow. Then I'll pull the other Legioss toys out of storage for some comparisons and shoot the full review.

Loved your review, so far didnt catch any errors to your review in terms of spelling or grammar

On 7/2/2020 at 5:39 AM, Lolicon said:

Joint installed wrong so the leg can't move all the way into place properly.

1958803066_legiosshipjoint.jpg.6144266a08172a75ba52e2b37f106474.jpg

As you know that tab on the cylindrical section goes into a slot on the inside of the white thigh block.  I have found that when changes and rotating the hips in to various orientations, i must keep a finger on the back of the white hip block to make sure the tab is slotted correctly.  With the tab in the slot and some pressure applied, it is easier to rotate the hips with the orientation getting messed up.

There's no way to rotate them into position once you have gone that far into fighter mode.  To back to soldier mode with the arms, wings, backpack stuff out of the way and the blue rear panel on the butt in the "unlocked" (down" position for full waist rotation.  That gets everything out of the way and you can rotate the legs/hip around until you get the tabbed cylindrical portion pointed the right way (it should be pointed directly backwards in soldier mode, and up in fighter mode (and in the slot)

Don't bother trying to re-orient them in any other situation, there's not enough room to swing or rotate the legs.  You may need to flip the white thigh block in/out while you're rotating for clearance.  Just keep playing with it.  Once you have the arms/wings/backpack out of the way and there's room to rotate you should be able to do it pretty easily.

The problem isn't "assembly" . . . it's a tolerance thing.  the hip swing bar at the base rotates more freely than the tabbed cylindrical portion.  To correct for this, you have to keep the tab slotted into place inside the white hip block until you have oriented it correctly.  Then you can rotate the white thigh piece longitudinally for solider mode

Edited by OptionZero

9 hours ago, jenius said:

Wonderful review, thank you for writing that! :)

The comparison pics are amazing. There is so much variety in execution of this design. Sentinel really nailed it!

I just paid for mine, but Ami Ami wont EMS to my region for a while due to the pandemic. I tried to upgrade my shipping but they have to refund me and charge me again, which is more money due to the exchange rate, so I guess I'll just be patient. Meanwhile I'll keep an eye here for all the useful information. Most complex Legioss to transform ever! I guess it's worth it. For all I've seen so far, this is the Legioss I've been waiting for since Toynami's. I'm getting the whole line for sure. Can't wait for Genius' transforming guide.

Edit: Can anybody tell me what's the current status on those little Ligaa toys? I've been away for some time.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

9 hours ago, jenius said:

suggestion for the transformation guide -

highlight that the torso halves "tilt" to create a bigger opening at the shoulder for the entire shoulder hinge assembly to slide into.  There's a little notched pocket for the hinge assembly to sit in as well

The instructions aren't totally clear, but the torso tilt makes a big difference.  The intake portion tilts "with" the top panel, which confused me initially.  Folks shouldn't be forcing t hat shoulder assembly into the gap on the side, it should go in cleanly after the torso is tilted.

Can you explain in more detail how to tilt it? I've seen it in the instructions but when I try to tilt it, it doesn't seem to budge and I hear a lot of creaking plastic so I dare not force it. Do you have some pics of what it looks like before and after tilting? Thanks!

yup, here are some pix

This shows the torso in the NOT tilted up.  A you can see, the shoulder assembly cannot fit into the torso, it sits outside of it.

50080536697_1108206a15_c.jpg

50079706228_121508cf89_c.jpg

50080536392_7117c14fb6_c.jpgUntitled by OptionZero, on Flickr

To use the tilt, grip it like so and rotate the torso so the outside edge goes up.  The forward intake section rotates with it.  It is a subtle rotation but you should feel it shift.

50079705778_75faaba1d8_c.jpg

Now the gap running along the side of the torso is bigger:

50080283986_7c0462aecb_c.jpg

Inside that gap is now plenty of room to slide the the shoulder hinge inside.  The wing itself has a little notch in it as well that fits the shoulder hinge "head"

50080284876_a2089890de_c.jpg

Jarrod posted about fixing the radar mounting position the shoulder of soldier mode on TFW2005 but i'm not sure it was addressed here.  I'll let him repost his stuff but here's what i did:

There is only one screw to remove to get one of the torso halves entirely off.   One of the few areas that has exposed screws for easy disassembly.  It's frustrating the rest of the figure is nearly impossible to take apart without damaging something

50079862008_d051cef1fb_c.jpg

I took these pix after re-attaching the torso half, but here you can see a rectangular panel with some detailing.  U can pop it off with a hobby knife or small flathead.  I shaved the corner area a bit with a hobby knife.  If u have more patience, a steadier hand, or maybe a dremel u can probably get that cleaner.  In this pix is was re-installed after i already cut it.

50079861968_bce27dbec4_c.jpg

The result is that it sits a flatter.  Still not perfect - i dont think u can get it perfect without cutting alot more.  The double hinge has a sliding mechanism that should have been enlarged, but there's no way to get to it because it's all pinned

50079862233_62a20e696b_c.jpg

2 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yeah, it felt more to me like a pivot than a tilt. Like the back of the cover pivots inward a little bit to create more space.

It's a fairly simple area of articulation, and i'm wondering why they even bothered doing that instead of just creating a bigger gap to begin with.  I suppose it was necessary for a cleaner fighter mode.

It's just a hinge so its not like alot more engineering went into it, and its simple to do, so i suppose there's no harm.  I wish the instructions had spelled it out, i fumbled with it and sort of discovered it accidentally almost

4 hours ago, OptionZero said:

yup, here are some pix

Hi. I just wanted to say thanks again for your help and guidance here. I tried transforming it to armo-soldier mode just now to see if I could finally tilt those intakes. It was still a little scary because it felt like I would tear the entire shoulder assembly off, but your pics gave me the confidence to keep applying gentle pressure. Then I finally felt that click which let me know I had moved it into place.

I can finally say I've completed the full transformation :)

39 minutes ago, jenius said:

The guide took a bit longer to pull together but it's up! LMK if anyone sees any screw-ups :D

Good review but you skipped Showing the chest/torso rotation step. Also the intake panels on the back rotate up onto the back sealing up the cavity.

Chris

13 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Good review but you skipped Showing the chest/torso rotation step. Also the intake panels on the back rotate up onto the back sealing up the cavity.

Chris

Bummer, I failed to edit in one of the clips then. I'll have to take it down and repost :(., Thanks for the heads-up!

2 hours ago, jenius said:

The guide took a bit longer to pull together but it's up! LMK if anyone sees any screw-ups :D

2 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Great guide, @jenius. It'll be my reference once my Legioss arrives.

My characters lineup it's almost complete now:

IMG_20200705_220245_942.jpg.bcf9ebc1a85fbf5ecb510351b0d2a83d.jpg

Very nice work. Good sculpts qnd painting. Are those your models, and if so are they available as STL files?

I'm also involved with several Mospeada related 3D prints. :unsure:

Hobby Search sent me an email saying that the legioss was available ( for a nano-second ) by the time I'd clicked on the link..sold out.