I added matte varnish to the ankle joints and I would say the left ankle joint is exactly the joint tightness I desire now. However, the right ankle still needs a little more help so I'm going to add another coat and check it out again in a few days. 

IMG_20200629_085036.jpg.7eb4c6711d3304386b2dd911d3fff3b6.jpg

IMG_20200629_085540.jpg.98a6b606b2da64f065e7b8d6c6b7af54.jpg

IMG_20200629_090153.jpg.1696ca75919b5ab39b6c713f3dba0b06.jpg

@SuperHobo  Awesome pics, man that Legioss looks really poseable & stable. Congrats on getting one! 

Living vicariously through other pics! :D

For those of us still kind of stuck indoors with no where really to go, Kansas is still pretty much shut down. Here's 56 minutes of hanging out & discussing Legioss Mospeada toys. The pronunciation of Legioss & Mospeada are cringey at times but with everything else the word right now I'm letting it slide. 

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

If it has a internal combustion portion to the drive system it doesn't matter what the fuel is, it will sound like an engine (car, motorcycle, etc). What you're hearing are the explosions. If it was a internal combustion/electric hybrid it would still sound like an internal combustion engine. Electric motors are nearly silent.

For the show they chose to represent them as being partially if not completely internal combustion. And they picked literally the last motor sound (and by extension motor) you would use in that application.:rofl: I don't imagine most people would be as bothered by it as me. I lived motorcycles for almost 20yrs.

In "reality" I find it unlikely that if the technology existed to create a Ride Armor it would have an internal combustion motor at all. Too heavy, too bulky, etc. So my rant is a moot point anyway. They probably shouldn't make any noise. But they chose to have it make noise........and used the worst noise you could.:D

The bikes have exhaust system with mufflers. The bikes are shown with white smoke coming out the mufflers so there is combustion and normal condensantion.

As you pointed out, they should have been electrical. But they don't make cool noises so we got those sound effects ;)

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

15 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

The bikes have exhaust system with mufflers. The bikes are shown with white smoke coming out the mufflers so there is combustion and normal condensantion.

As you pointed out taking out, they should have been electrical. But they don't make cool noise so we got those sound effects ;)

If I were to make a modern day MOSPEADA live action series I guarantee you the Ride-Armors would sound exactly the same as the Anime. B))

12 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

As you pointed out taking out, they should have been electrical. But they don't make cool noise so we got those sound effects ;)

As a motorcycle guy I would prefer my (imaginary) Ride Armor to have a internal combustion engine/electric hybrid. Gotta have those sweet, sweet motorcycle noises! Preferably something that sounds like a Desmo V4 ala Ducati Panigale or a flat plane inline 4 ala Yamaha R1. Excluding 2 strokes (which no one runs any more) those are the two most glorious sounds in motorcycling IMO.

Now that I think about it a 2 stroke would probably be a more viable Ride Armor motor. Light, compact, simple and very powerful. 

Edited by sqidd

6 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

If I were to make a modern day MOSPEADA live action series I guarantee you the Ride-Armors would sound exactly the same as the Anime. B))

I'd probably do the same as you!!!

2 minutes ago, sqidd said:

As a motorcycle guy I would prefer my (imaginary) Ride Armor to have a internal combustion engine/electric hybrid. Gotta have those sweet, sweet motorcycle noises! Preferably something that sounds like a Desmo V4 ala Ducati Panigale or a flat plane inline 4 ala Yamaha R1. Excluding 2 strokes (which no one runs any more) those are the two most glorious sounds in motorcycling IMO.

Now that I think about it a 2 stroke would probably be a more viable Ride Armor motor. Light, compact, simple and very powerful. 

You tell me!!! Oh, how I miss my smoky CR125R!!!

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

If it has a internal combustion portion to the drive system it doesn't matter what the fuel is, it will sound like an engine (car, motorcycle, etc). What you're hearing are the explosions. If it was a internal combustion/electric hybrid it would still sound like an internal combustion engine. Electric motors are nearly silent.

For the show they chose to represent them as being partially if not completely internal combustion. And they picked literally the last motor sound (and by extension motor) you would use in that application.:rofl: I don't imagine most people would be as bothered by it as me. I lived motorcycles for almost 20yrs.

In "reality" I find it unlikely that if the technology existed to create a Ride Armor it would have an internal combustion motor at all. Too heavy, too bulky, etc. So my rant is a moot point anyway. They probably shouldn't make any noise. But they chose to have it make noise........and used the worst noise you could.:D

I've been riding for over 32 years now and the Ride Armor sounds have never bothered me. However, what does vaguely irritate me is when the sound of an inline 4 is used for a single or twin motorcycle in a  live action movie.  

7 minutes ago, mark-1s said:

I've been riding for over 32 years now and the Ride Armor sounds have never bothered me. However, what does vaguely irritate me is when the sound of an inline 4 is used for a single or twin motorcycle in a  live action movie.  

It probably has a lot to do with me hating Harley's (except the V Rod). In most cases I'm a function over form kind of guy. Harley's are barely functional. I got talked into racing for a team in the Thunderbike class (basically a Harley sponsored class that was mostly Buell's). That was the worst motorcycle I had ever ridden. It as like trying to race farm equipment.:rofl:

And yes, using I4 sounds for a V twin (etc) and vice versa makes me grind my teeth. I've even seen TV/movies where the noise changed between the two depending on the scene!!!! Ohhhhhhh, it makes my head hurt just thinking about it!:crazy:

So far so good, my Legioss seems ok. There was a flash of impending gloom when I saw a loose, tiny round part lying on the packaging tray, but it was just an intake cover that popped off.  The pilot figure is loosy goosy and will come apart easily, but it's nothing compared to how great this Legioss is.  It removes the bad taste Evolution Toys left behind, and it leaves me hoping for a Tread from Sentinel's Riobot line or their plastic model offshoot line.

All of the ride armors seem to have pretty significant exhaust tail pipes, so I don't know how realistic (as realism goes in 35 year old sci-fi, robot/alien cartoons) or, more importantly, mean sounding an electric motor would be.  To be honest, I don't think HG was that far off in the exhaust note that they picked.  While I agree that the deep cruiser twin that they ended up going with was a poor choice, I think they were spot on with choosing a twin.  I have an RC-51, an SXV550 and an 1199s and let me tell you...  the sound of an RC with a Sato exaust, an SXV with a Silmoto or Arrow or ANY of the Ducati super bike twins of the last 30 years, with or without the accompanying dry clutch *clack*, is enough to make any man's pants get tight and any woman's.....well, you get the point.  It's bliss, and would fit the ride armors perfectly.  None of those bikes were around in the mid 80s though (I think the 916 came around 93 or something, if I remember right).  In 85, though, I had no idea v-twins, l-twins, V-4s, inline 4s, inline 6 (CBX1000 FTW!) or others even existed.  I just knew that the ride armors sounded amazing to my 11 y/o ears, which is perhaps the reason I don't mind the New Generation version to this day. Nostalgia is a powerful thing. 

15 hours ago, sqidd said:

It probably has a lot to do with me hating Harley's (except the V Rod). In most cases I'm a function over form kind of guy. Harley's are barely functional. I got talked into racing for a team in the Thunderbike class (basically a Harley sponsored class that was mostly Buell's). That was the worst motorcycle I had ever ridden. It as like trying to race farm equipment.:rofl:

And yes, using I4 sounds for a V twin (etc) and vice versa makes me grind my teeth. I've even seen TV/movies where the noise changed between the two depending on the scene!!!! Ohhhhhhh, it makes my head hurt just thinking about it!:crazy:

Been a rider myself for 20 years (I dont own a car or a car license) and I ride everyday without fail, rain or shine. and I must say that I whole heartedly agree that the Buells are horrible... the two that I rode you had to constantly fight going into corners. I will stick to Japanese made bikes, thank you (I have been riding a Z1000 for 10 years now)

On the topic of what power system the ride armors use... could be full electric but use a heat exchanger to produce the illusion of smoke/steam and then have a speaker in each exhaust that produces the sound that they prefer... maybe computer controlled that would allow the rider to select a sound that they prefer. you know... for nostalgic reasons? Or by law (on mars) they were not allowed to have silent or electrical sounding vehicles.

on another side note... anyone willing to sponsor a poor South African with a Legioss Alpha? even if its broken, would still be happy

6 hours ago, mantisfists said:

All of the ride armors seem to have pretty significant exhaust tail pipes, so I don't know how realistic (as realism goes in 35 year old sci-fi, robot/alien cartoons) or, more importantly, mean sounding an electric motor would be.  To be honest, I don't think HG was that far off in the exhaust note that they picked.  While I agree that the deep cruiser twin that they ended up going with was a poor choice, I think they were spot on with choosing a twin.  I have an RC-51, an SXV550 and an 1199s and let me tell you...  the sound of an RC with a Sato exaust, an SXV with a Silmoto or Arrow or ANY of the Ducati super bike twins of the last 30 years, with or without the accompanying dry clutch *clack*, is enough to make any man's pants get tight and any woman's.....well, you get the point.  It's bliss, and would fit the ride armors perfectly.  None of those bikes were around in the mid 80s though (I think the 916 came around 93 or something, if I remember right).  In 85, though, I had no idea v-twins, l-twins, V-4s, inline 4s, inline 6 (CBX1000 FTW!) or others even existed.  I just knew that the ride armors sounded amazing to my 11 y/o ears, which is perhaps the reason I don't mind the New Generation version to this day. Nostalgia is a powerful thing. 

Ahhhhh, a fellow Ducatistsi.:hi:I'm a huge Ducati guy. I've probably had at least 30 of them and spent a lot of years racing them. I also LOVE the V-twin Ducati sound. The only reason I didn't include it in my sound wish list above is that the new V-4 is very Ducati sounding............but a lot more angry!:rofl: It also goes back to the function/form thing. That new motor is a MONSTER. It was the motor/bike I was begging Ducati to make in the early 2000's. Finally a Ducati that is actually the fastest thing in a straight line on the track! I loved racing Ducati's and had a lot of success with them. But, it sure would have been easier if they had a little more power. In 2005 My 999R/RS's (I put RS in there because Ducati supported me with a bunch of RS/Corsa parts so I had R/RS hybrids) with a ton of $$$$ in the motors were barely faster than my GSXR1000's with exhaust, thing head gaskets and hot cam timing. I never loved the GSXR's though.

I wake up every day saying that is going to be the day I get a Panegali. And every day by the time I finish brushing my teeth I know that I'll never get back on the track again. And there is no way I'm going out on the street. It breaks my heart a little. Realizing your mortal kinda sucks.:D

A couple of steeds over the years. I never should have sold the 998R. I won my first championship on that. It should be in my dining room.:(

1090197759_TrackAction1.jpg.cda74ca1b0fb92437a632164872d9e33.jpg

234162690_Copyofdsc_4049.jpg.e6d7ff47049ef9b5a9ddd3518bf6e7b4.jpg

7070323_speed2.jpg.4b9831ce282c8e4c9b64b06170af0b70.jpgDSC01801.JPG.99568ce76bcbb132a766264633d063d8.JPG

DSC01806.JPG.d608a322303d2a18b62f8117a3373855.JPG

841711268_CopyofDSCN2721.JPG.56167102bb825130db2552d0b687a049.JPG

DSC01796.tif

19 hours ago, sqidd said:

:lol: I think I understand then.  I don't have as much a hate for Harleys as you do, but I will say they're certainly overrated - they can't even make a proper side stand SMH.

I'm curious what you thought of the 999. Of all the recent Ducatis it was probably the least loved.

As far as the power plant for a ride armor, I'd have to say either electric or something just as quiet. The last thing you want to do is alert the Inbit of your sneak attack :ph34r:

I think the Inbit senses them via the type of energy in their power plant, so even if you had the quietest engine, they will still see you from miles away. Unless you were using one of those stealth versions that is

Edited by Guyffon

47 minutes ago, treatment said:

wotafa's review...

From the little japanese I can understand. Seems the fighter stand attachment will be probably used to connect to the tread

Boomer I have to way for a month more to get mine shipped from HLJ.

Edited by Froy

1 hour ago, mark-1s said:

I'm curious what you thought of the 999. Of all the recent Ducatis it was probably the least loved.

I think most people didn't like it because of how it looked. And I get it, it's no 916/998/998. It certainly isn't because of the performance or even the feel/character. When I got my first 999 I put it up on the lift next to the 998R on another got the ol "tape measure" (chassis measuring tools I made) out. The seating position and a few other doo dads were different but the chassis geometry was almost identical. Within manufacturing tolerances identical. I simply copied my setup numbers from the 998R to the 999 (triple clamp offset, swingarm length, ride heights, etc) threw the same shock and fork springs at it and took it to a track day. Aside from seating position and tank shape there I would have been hard pressed to tell the difference between the two in a "blind taste" test. The next weekend I raced it for the first time and won all four of my races that weekend. It was actually the same with the 1098. Almost identical. Ducati isn't much about revolution. They're take a heavy evolution approach. When I got my first 999R that is when the 999 generation really because a thing. Stock it ripped pretty good. After high comp pistons, RS cams, head porting and the Corse 60mm exhaust in the pics it was FAST! It made 172rwhp on race fuel. Back then that was really fast. And SUPER fast for a Ducati. Eric Bostrom's Factory (WSB spec) bikes were only a touch faster in a straight line. But, in comparison if you threw that much engine work at a GSXR1000 you would be making 200-205rwhp. So the I4's were still the fastest thing on the track. At most US tracks it wasn't that big of a handycap. But the tracks that it did matter, it mattered. Daytona and Road America being the big two. It wasn't a big deal at all at let's say Barber, Mid Ohio or Laguna.

I would LOVE to get a couple of the new V4's (230hp) and start doing track days. But at 48 I know I don't have "it" anymore. And I'm certainly not willing to deal with the injuries like I used to. There is no way I could ride like I used to so I chalk it up as a "been there, done that" thing. And it breaks my heart a little.:(

5 hours ago, sqidd said:

Ahhhhh, a fellow Ducatistsi.:hi:I'm a huge Ducati guy. I've probably had at least 30 of them and spent a lot of years racing them. I also LOVE the V-twin Ducati sound. The only reason I didn't include it in my sound wish list above is that the new V-4 is very Ducati sounding............but a lot more angry!:rofl: It also goes back to the function/form thing. That new motor is a MONSTER. It was the motor/bike I was begging Ducati to make in the early 2000's. Finally a Ducati that is actually the fastest thing in a straight line on the track! I loved racing Ducati's and had a lot of success with them. But, it sure would have been easier if they had a little more power. In 2005 My 999R/RS's (I put RS in there because Ducati supported me with a bunch of RS/Corsa parts so I had R/RS hybrids) with a ton of $$$$ in the motors were barely faster than my GSXR1000's with exhaust, thing head gaskets and hot cam timing. I never loved the GSXR's though.

I wake up every day saying that is going to be the day I get a Panegali. And every day by the time I finish brushing my teeth I know that I'll never get back on the track again. And there is no way I'm going out on the street. It breaks my heart a little. Realizing your mortal kinda sucks.:D

A couple of steeds over the years. I never should have sold the 998R. I won my first championship on that. It should be in my dining room.:(

1090197759_TrackAction1.jpg.cda74ca1b0fb92437a632164872d9e33.jpg

DSC01796.tif 3.23 MB · 0 downloads

Ah, man.  Sooooo jealous. That explains your moniker, though. The only thing better than being able to ride Ducs is being able to race them.  The only thing better than that is having Ducati SUPPORT you racing them.  I was always a Japanese inline guy until my 04 ZX10 got stolen.  A buddy of mine asked me what kind of bike I was thinking about getting to replace it.  When I mentioned an RC51, he found one in Southern Cali, drove down from the Bay Area, put it in the bed of his truck, stuck it in the app bay of the firehouse and tossed me the keys as I walked in to start our shift.  One of the best things anybody has ever done for me in my life.  Riding that twin for the first time was an epiphany.  The torque and the anger in that engine was intoxicating.  I was lucky to have some amazing roads behind the station which happen to lead to Alice's Restaurant, which, if you're not familiar, is a very famous restaurant in the SF Bay area that is extremely well represented by motorcycle and automobile enthusiasts, alike.  And they just so happen to have the best steak and eggs on the planet.  That twin led to the Aprillia 550 supermoto which led to a new appreciation...and hatred...(Mospeada and Macross fans, if you think THIS hobby is expensive, I laugh at your complaints) of Italian motorcycles. When the Panigale 1199s came out, I always thought it was the perfect bike.  It just had too much electronics and rider assistance for me.  I've always been a big fan of analog vehicles, the digital just never appealed to me.  Then, I rode one and I was hooked.  I'm with you in that my body doesn't let me ride like I used to ride (which is nowhere NEAR the level you were riding at) and coming home to see my daughter keeps my knee off the ground for the most part.  But, every once in a while.......:diablo:.  Seeing main characters die in a cartoon is what got me hooked on Robotech/Macross.  Seeing transformable motorcycles in the New Generation is what blew my mind and made Mospeada my favorite.  

2 hours ago, mark-1s said:

:ph34r:

The only reason the 999 was unpopular was because of it's aesthetics, and by that I mean it's headlight ?arrangement?.  It was very UNDucati (it always made me think of The Guyver).  Aside from that, it was supposed to be one of the best handling, most capable bikes on the planet....as, I'm sure, sqidd could attest to.  

36 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

Ah, man.  Sooooo jealous. That explains your moniker, though. The only thing better than being able to ride Ducs is being able to race them.  The only thing better than that is having Ducati SUPPORT you racing them.  I was always a Japanese inline guy until my 04 ZX10 got stolen.  A buddy of mine asked me what kind of bike I was thinking about getting to replace it.  When I mentioned an RC51, he found one in Southern Cali, drove down from the Bay Area, put it in the bed of his truck, stuck it in the app bay of the firehouse and tossed me the keys as I walked in to start our shift.  One of the best things anybody has ever done for me in my life.  Riding that twin for the first time was an epiphany.  The torque and the anger in that engine was intoxicating.  I was lucky to have some amazing roads behind the station which happen to lead to Alice's Restaurant, which, if you're not familiar, is a very famous restaurant in the SF Bay area that is extremely well represented by motorcycle and automobile enthusiasts, alike.  And they just so happen to have the best steak and eggs on the planet.  That twin led to the Aprillia 550 supermoto which led to a new appreciation...and hatred...(Mospeada and Macross fans, if you think THIS hobby is expensive, I laugh at your complaints) of Italian motorcycles. When the Panigale 1199s came out, I always thought it was the perfect bike.  It just had too much electronics and rider assistance for me.  I've always been a big fan of analog vehicles, the digital just never appealed to me.  Then, I rode one and I was hooked.  I'm with you in that my body doesn't let me ride like I used to ride (which is nowhere NEAR the level you were riding at) and coming home to see my daughter keeps my knee off the ground for the most part.  But, every once in a while.......:diablo:.  Seeing main characters die in a cartoon is what got me hooked on Robotech/Macross.  Seeing transformable motorcycles in the New Generation is what blew my mind and made Mospeada my favorite.  

I hear you on the electronics. Traction control was just becoming available to non factory riders when I was getting out. And I never liked the available quick shifters because they failed so often (causing people to drop out of races). I'd have to learn how to ride again with all the goodies they have now. Whack the throttle wide open at the apex and trust the ECU? Wow, that would take a while t get use to! And now clutchless downshifting? That would be weird too. I set my slipper clutches up so I could use the clutch as a rear brake (to settle the rear end or back it in). Not using the clutch would necessitate using the rear brake......which I never use. Or know how to!:D I'm in good company though. Lorenzo won 3 world championships without knowing how to use the rear brake. They're all using thumb or "scooter" brakes now for the rear. Another skill to learn/re-learn.

To paraphrase (butcher the quote) Casey Stoner

"I'll come back to MotoGP if the bikes are 1300cc and they ban traction control"

I think if you could get past the PR crap you would fine that most racers would prefer no TC. The BSB series has banned it.

So yeah, you get the Sqidd thing. I worked in the industry when I started racing. Before racing I was doing stupid stuff on mountain roads. Because I was all geared up all the time a lot of people I worked with called me a squid. They didn't know I could actually ride. I would have called me a squid too. To "own" it is got a personalized plate that said SQIDD (squid was taken). I won my first race back in 99' with that plate on the bike. It was actually my street bike with the lights taped off. The 95' 916 in the pic above. So there guys that were teasing me!:p I've kept the sqidd moniker ever since.

24 minutes ago, mantisfists said:

The only reason the 999 was unpopular was because of it's aesthetics, and by that I mean it's headlight ?arrangement?.  It was very UNDucati (it always made me think of The Guyver).  Aside from that, it was supposed to be one of the best handling, most capable bikes on the planet....as, I'm sure, sqidd could attest to.  

The headlights were AWFUL! How Ducati went from the best headlights in motorcycling to the worst I don't know! Not an issue for race bikes though. They looked pretty darn cool in race plastic/carbon.:good:

Edited by sqidd

Ya, the 999 was designed by Pierre Terblanche not Massimo Tamburini like the previous models which made for a bit of a departure in styling. I wasn't much of a fan of it either.

Don't get me started on motorcycle tech. I have a VFR 800 with V-Tech and linked brakes; I could do without either of them - adds weight, complexity and almost double the cost to check the valves. It's a great bike though, so sort of worth it lol!  The only "tech" I want on a bike is injection. 

I think what Stoner really meant was:

"I'll come back to MotoGP when Rossi retires"

32 minutes ago, F360 said:

HLJ have some more instock 

IN STOCK

1/48 RIOBOT AFC-01H

https://www.hlj.com/1-48-scale-riobot-afc-01h-legioss-type-eta-set88040

Aaaand right when I go to sign-in, I get an error message saying 

The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try again later.

What the actual f***?!? 

18 minutes ago, captain america said:

Aaaand right when I go to sign-in, I get an error message saying 

The account sign-in was incorrect or your account is disabled temporarily. Please wait and try again later.

What the actual f***?!? 

Did you cancel a bunch of preorders from them recently?   If not. you can try "forgot password" and do a password reset too see if it would work. 

10 minutes ago, F360 said:

Did you cancel a bunch of preorders from them recently?   If not. you can try "forgot password" and do a password reset too see if it would work. 

No, I think the listing is a glitch. I was able to login and even though it states 1 left in stock, when I add the item to my cart, my cart shows empty. I thought it was fishy that I hadn't received any nofifications from HLJ after I added the item to my wishlist last weekend.

Edited by captain america

26 minutes ago, captain america said:

No, I think the listing is a glitch. I was able to login and even though it states 1 left in stock, when I add the item to my cart, my cart shows empty. I thought it was fishy that I hadn't received any nofifications from HLJ after I added the item to my wishlist last weekend.

Sigh......  HLJ and their website....   ............;)

11 hours ago, mark-1s said:

Don't get me started on motorcycle tech. I have a VFR 800 with V-Tech and linked brakes; I could do without either of them - adds weight, complexity and almost double the cost to check the valves. It's a great bike though, so sort of worth it lol!  The only "tech" I want on a bike is injection. 

The expense of that tech sucks, but everything on Italian motorcycles is expensive ($30 for two ignition security bolts, Ducati?  Really!?). On top of that, it just seems like modern motorcycles sacrifice the riding experience for riding ease.  Part of what is so exhilarating about riding is just how connected you and the motorcycle become.  How every shift of your body, squeeze of your hand or breath you take creates a reaction from the bike.  Hell, it can even tell what direction you're looking.  Conversely, that bike gives you just as much feedback in return, and all these new features...quick shifters, traction control, launch control, WHEELIE control, dynamic damping, blah, blah, blah....they just create a disconnect form the bike, in my opinion, and don't allow a person to truly RIDE.  That's part of what I thought was so cool about the ride armors.  Even when they transformed, they did it in a way that kept rider and bike one.  The pilot wasn't just inside a robot, the bike was part of him. 

On another note, I always felt that the 1199 was a dead ringer for Yellow's VR-41H.

VR-041-Cyclone-MOSPEADA-Veritech-Motorcycle-8.jpeg.3a08972ef5a0db400536043f842ab80e.jpegCompare that to...

d1199-01.jpeg.ac5598e2b9e89252bd67ea2d4308133f.jpeg

With the right paint scheme, they'd be pretty damn close, which would be amazing.  I just don't have the balls to do it to mine.  Ha!!

24 minutes ago, enphily said:

1/48 scale full deformation [Legios Zeta"] by Sentinel Co., Ltd., from the first day of this event, we will accept preorders at the gallery of the graveyard! 
Special benefits are included only for those who have made an order reservation at the gallery of the graveyard! 
We will send you more details later, so stay tuned!