6 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

All credit to Flapjack. If you are on MW too, thank you. 

Fixed it and ended up nicking myself in the process. Lol! The front panel is glued which I had to force it off. The housing of the thigh is secured by 2 screws. Open that up, rotated the leg and placed everything back together again.

Edit: Just to add. The thigh pieces are held together by yellow rectangular piece at the top. So 4 pieces in total including the front panel. You can carefully slide down the inner thigh piece so you don't have to pry the yellow rectangular piece off when dissasembling it.

Mine looks exactly the same so maybe my first video is going to be a repair tutorial. I'm hitting the road right now though and haven't had a chance to handle the toy yet... what's the impact of the turned around part?

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Mine looks exactly the same so maybe my first video is going to be a repair tutorial. I'm hitting the road right now though and haven't had a chance to handle the toy yet... what's the impact of the turned around part?

The leg won't be flush agaisnt the bar. 

My Legioss just arrived from Amazon.jp. Thankfully the hip joints are correct. Man you guys were not kidding about the pilot falling apart at the slightest glance! At first it seemed solid but as soon as I tried to move it into position to put in the cockpit it just started the “snowball” effect. One part falls off then as you try and put one limb or lower half back on something else falls off. Sheesh. The fighter itself seems pretty good. Going to wait for a good transformation video to follow before trying to transform.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

11 hours ago, mcfly50 said:

All credit to Flapjack. If you are on MW too, thank you. 

Fixed it and ended up nicking myself in the process. Lol! The front panel is glued which I had to force it off. The housing of the thigh is secured by 2 screws. Open that up, rotated the leg and placed everything back together again.

Edit: Just to add. The thigh pieces are held together by yellow rectangular piece at the top. So 4 pieces in total including the front panel. You can carefully slide down the inner thigh piece so you don't have to pry the yellow rectangular piece off when dissasembling it.

6 hours ago, Guyffon said:

I couldnt get the cover off to reveal the 2nd screw, whta i did was unscrew one screw and pry the thigh open a bit and try to get that stub under the 2 halves, once u get it in there it should be fine

Mine had the same issue, but it is not necessary to remove the glued thigh panel or pry the to halves open.

It is a bit hard to describe, but like @Guyffon suggested just take out the visible screw. Then rotate the nub downwards until it tucks inside the leg opening and won't go any further. Now make sure the thigh is folded outwards (fighter config.) and with some light force try to push/twist/rotate the nub further into the cavity. You can sort of feel and hear when you succeed. After that use the leg to further rotate the nub until it faces backwards and then put the screw back on. There will be no scrapes or damage and the original factory assembly of the thigh stays intact without having to be tampered with.

I hope my description makes sense and helps everyone with the issue.

3 hours ago, lechuck said:

Mine had the same issue, but it is not necessary to remove the glued thigh panel or pry the to halves open.

It is a bit hard to describe, but like @Guyffon suggested just take out the visible screw. Then rotate the nub downwards until it tucks inside the leg opening and won't go any further. Now make sure the thigh is folded outwards (fighter config.) and with some light force try to push/twist/rotate the nub further into the cavity. You can sort of feel and hear when you succeed. After that use the leg to further rotate the nub until it faces backwards and then put the screw back on. There will be no scrapes or damage and the original factory assembly of the thigh stays intact without having to be tampered with.

Thank you sir! I just fixed mine!

I have to admit I am a little bit confused on the hip joint issue a couple people have posted.
Can someone explain what the problem might be again?

Watching this video (which is awesome, and made me feel MUCH better about the transformation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oEseTafph8

They started with the top(fighter to gerwalk to soldier) and ended with the bottom (soldier to fighter)
It doesn't seem to matter the orientation of the slots on the hip axle, so what other part is the possible problem?

Thanks!!

image.png.11343c714c75a17b79b6404ba3134ab0.png

9 minutes ago, Shawn said:

I have to admit I am a little bit confused on the hip joint issue a couple people have posted.
Can someone explain what the problem might be again?

Watching this video (which is awesome, and made me feel MUCH better about the transformation)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oEseTafph8

They started with the top(fighter to gerwalk to soldier) and ended with the bottom (soldier to fighter)
It doesn't seem to matter the orientation of the slots on the hip axle, so what other part is the possible problem?

Thanks!!

image.png.11343c714c75a17b79b6404ba3134ab0.png

If the notch is on the front and you fold the legs in for the other 2 modes, it won't sit flush against the hip bar. I can imagine it affects the forward and backward movement of the leg because it will be at an angle. 

Edited by crackpot

6 hours ago, captain america said:

Just a heads-up to everyone: I'm going to be re-issuing the King Crab (Inbit Gosu) in July, so the whole 1/48 Space Crab set will available again for a short time. Price will be $336 Canadian shipped to all Canadian/US locations. International orders may be directed to Brett over at Return 2 Kit Form.king.jpg.14d0aebb1461a7139a8aae8b205b5d6a.jpg

So BOOTIFUL! Oooooo.

Man, you make some wonderful pieces. Thanks for sharing your talents with the community.

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

Thanks-so if the axle rotates, why do we have disassemble to fix (vs rotate some more)
Just trying to me prepared if it happens to me when mine arrives someday.

It is because there is a raised stubb on the side that is supposed to be hidden, without disassembly you cannot get that part to rotate where it needs to be. If you have that problem you will understand what I mean when you see it. Mine was assembled correctly but poped out when trying to transform it to diver mode.

By the way, does anyone know what that stub in front of the gun magazine is for? I searched for it in the manual but could not find it, I might have missed it though as I was looking through it quite late last night

Edited by Guyffon

Alright long thoughts post is here with pictures.

My take on Sentinel's Legioss: Overall, this a really good looking and almost a great legioss. Sentinel needs to fine-tune some things here and there. As it is it's a good to very good legioss that some has issues. It's not a disaster like ETs or toynamis and it is well above the CMs.

Pros:
-It's goddamn gorgeous. The sculpt is pretty much everything I ever wanted.
-Lots of locking mechanisms for fighter mode. Pretty solid once you get everything tabbed in.
-Plenty of tampo printing even more than the CMs
-Articulation is great but the tolerances need to be adjusted!

The okay:
-The nosecone does soft-lock into the back, but can get knocked when posing.
-Shoulders are too tight, but they get more usable once you move it back and forth a bit.
- There is a tab in the palm of the hand and it kind of works. He holds the gun for the most part, but the hole needed to be deeper in the gun.
-The pilot figure feels fragile, but mine has stayed in one piece (thank jebus)

Cons:
-Why oh why Sentinel did you not make the WHOLE landing gear assembly metal.
-Ankles aren't super loose on mine, but they should be tighter. I'll bust out the matte varnish on these ball joints.
-Pilot figure feels gummy.
-The wings should have been pinned! Hopefully they do this on future releases.

For anyone with the mis-matched hips, try to hold the legs and try to rotate it using the whole leg if that makes sense. My left hip was off-center then it rolled all the way back and while it was a pain in the ass to get it back I got it back. 

IMG_20200626_165635.jpg.7c5dcea4b61d772dd3fc7c737beaf030.jpg

IMG_20200626_183437.jpg.96fb80956af64443f38297bb5b11aa64.jpg

IMG_20200626_190851.jpg.0eb3d74926a7bc15c925c23c09ecb6a8.jpg

IMG_20200626_193447.jpg.7ab11c540ff4ad2bb6e5f70308e48e94.jpg

IMG_20200626_193049.jpg.d93006f35659fcbaaedcfd06aa68d30a.jpg

IMG_20200626_194559.jpg.cce2e2370055e608e2687a0dddd89407.jpg

Edited by SuperHobo

4 minutes ago, captain america said:

Spidey's holding Lee's feet while he's doing killer sit-ups; get your mind out of the gutter! :p

Likely story.:rolleyes::p

4 minutes ago, levzloi said:

Clearly you’ve never taken a pt test. ;)

I don't take PT tests. They take me test.:D

2 hours ago, eyesonme78 said:

The item seems like sold out everywhere.. I cant even get a second copy

Wow, that's surprising. I nabbed an extra and didn't think I had gotten lucky to score one. Looks like I was.

Edited by sqidd

Out of curiosity, why would you want a second one? Wouldn't it be prudent to just wait for the red, green and black variants? Wouldn't you also then be compelled to stock up on matching Treads..?

Just wondering, not judging... :unsure:

14 minutes ago, Tober said:

Out of curiosity, why would you want a second one? Wouldn't it be prudent to just wait for the red, green and black variants? Wouldn't you also then be compelled to stock up on matching Treads..?

Just wondering, not judging... :unsure:

I'll make an argument for getting five. I'm about to butcher these mode designations. I can't remember what all of them are for some reason right now.

-Legioss in fighter

-Legioss in driver

-Legioss in soldier 

-Legioss/Tread combo. Legioss in soldier 

-Legioss/Tread combo. Legioss in fighter 

I got two. One for soldier mode getting displayed now and another saved in the box for if/when the Tread is released. I'd really like a third for Fighter mode (not hooked to a Tread)

Edited by sqidd

5 hours ago, Kyp Durron said:

IMG_20200626_165635.jpg

Fighter mode looks great, but that gap between the wing and the upper shoulder is super annoying, IMHO. But then again, even if the fighter mode was perfect, I'd seriously doubt this thing could actually fly in real life. 

Anything will fly with enough thrust pushing it. Consider the Russian VVA-14. The Legioss is a very small fighter, probably close in size to an F-16, with two main engines, and two, I'm assuming, rocket motors in the arms for additional thrust. My assumption is based on the fact that there are exhausts, but no intakes, hence the need for internal chemical reaction. The arms certainly break up the aerodynamics of the upper fuselage, but again, ostensibly with four engines providing thrust and a decent amount of wing surface for lift, I think it could fly. I'd be interested to see someone build an RC plane, to see how it actually flies. I looked for it on Youtube, but no luck. Maybe it doesn't, and that's why. :unknw:

After playing with the legioss a bit more: 

Some changes I'm hoping to see on future releases:
-Better tension on the ankle joints
-Less tension on the shoulder joints
-Pins going through the wings
-Make the entire assembly of the landing gear metal except the tires
-Include a fixed posed well-painted pilot OR change the materials and tolerances on the pose-able one
-Mold the medial side of the forearm in white plastic over painting it white
-Make the groove for the gun and handle bigger so the peg can and hole can really get tight. (hmmm that sounds kind of dirty)

Wishful Thinking:
-Add tabs to the wings to plug into the nose cone in solider mode
-Add a clip to tab the nosecone into the chest / back area of solider mode.
-Revise the hip design slightly so one side doesn't easily rotate too far back and become difficult to rotate it back.
-Add tabs to those grey panels that slide back to the back in solider mode.

I got mine and it's beautiful. A bit fiddly and definitely has all the issues people have mentioned. But damn does it look good. Can't believe I finally have a Legioss toy that doesn't have giant clown feet sticking out in fighter mode! For me, this is The One. Well, this and the OG Gakken.

On 6/26/2020 at 6:40 AM, snakerbot said:

Wait, the circled one is the wrong one? Both of the hips on mine look like that... Great.

While I'm at it, anyone else have issues with the ankle ball joints being really loose?

Same here for both.

For the hip tabs, I guess it just means I won't be posing this thing with its toes straight out forward, but splayed slightly. Probably how I would pose it anyway.

And yeah, for the loose ankles, in Armo-Diver mode I need to pose it such that the lower leg rests on the foot. Otherwise it falls over forwards.

4 hours ago, sqidd said:

-Legioss in fighter

-Legioss in driver

-Legioss in soldier

Howabout VTOL mode when the legs are out but not the arms? :) Now I need six of these. :o

21 hours ago, lechuck said:

Awesome! I might try that. Good to know I won't have to go prying parts off! Thanks!