2 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Thank goodness, someone finally took a photo of fighter mode without the damn missile pod in the center. 

Yeah, despite how well the Imai missile pod addition helps lock everything in place for Armo-Fighter, it's not canon and never will be.  

Crap like that stays in the box, thank you very much. :girl_devil:

28 minutes ago, Firefox said:

A toy that can't be played. Is it still a toy?

Between my extensive collection of unpunched carded Star Wars figures (that I have no intention of opening) and third-party Masterpiece Transformers (that I have no intention of transforming), most of my toys are strictly for display.  I still consider them toys... if only to honor their design intentions.  ^_^

Edited by tekering

13 minutes ago, tekering said:

You could've just quoted that particular pic, then, rather than regurgitating my whole post...  <_<

...but yeah, despite how well the Imai missile pod addition helps lock everything in place for Armo-Fighter, it's not canon and never will be.  Crap like that stays in the box, thank you very much. :girl_devil:

Between my extensive collection of unpunched carded Star Wars figures (that I have no intention of opening) and third-party Masterpiece Transformers (that I have no intention of transforming), most of my toys are strictly for display.  I still consider them toys, if only to honor their design intentions.  ^_^

9 minutes ago, enphily said:

You're so right with that

Sorry, I fixed it. Sometimes I forget this forum shows the whole set of pics in its entirety when you quote it. 

On 6/22/2020 at 7:35 PM, tekering said:

Well, it's more of a swing than a slide... as is typical of Legioss toys

Thank you tekering for your review. What I meant to say was can the arms swing further forward at the hinge to the "M" on Mars Base 21? 

(Just wondering if the arms could be further forward in Armo-Diver )

Edited by troyness

2 hours ago, Firefox said:

Just glad I didn't buy it. A toy that can't be played. Is it still a toy?

2 hours ago, tekering said:

I still consider them toys... if only to honor their design intentions.  ^_^

This^^^^^^^

My toys get transformed once (if that) and put on display never to be transformed again. I'm not interested in toys as something to play with. To me they fill the same space as art (I have a lot of that too). All I want to do is look at them.

I am VERY serious about displays though. Everything from the selection of what is getting displayed, how it's displayed, how it's lighted, etc. I view my display cabinets as their own "piece". The whole cabinet needs to make sense and be attractive. The toys are sub pieces to that.

This is also why if I get something that has multiple mods I generally buy one for each mode (so I don't have to change the display).

Also, everything gets displayed. If I can't display it, I don't get it. I'm not interested in keeping things in boxes at all, having "full sets", etc. I don't understand, nor do I need to, the desire to have a bunch of toys in boxes. In that sense I'm not a "collector".

Everyone has their own way of doing things to scratch their particular itch.

Would I prefer that the toy was more durable? Absolutely. Do I care? Not if I can get it transformed once without breaking it I don't.

55 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Just wondering, but not many people have talked about the intake covers, and it has very nice turbine detail when removed, am surprised no one talked about this at all

Well, that's hardly unique to the Sentinel...

intake.jpg.90fce285a47c7438cfacea2abde555c6.jpg

...but yes, they're very nice.  ^_^

1 hour ago, troyness said:

What I meant to say was can the arms swing further forward at the hinge to the "M" on Mars Base 21? 

Yes, but only if you pry up the plastic enough to slip the metal sliders underneath.  There's an indent in the diecast part that acts as a stopper, but you can bypass it to swing the arms further forward if desired.

Here's the indent that keeps the shoulders from swinging forward...

812787015_beforeshoulder.jpg.fd5875e253d5b7955bd0424ee79b78b1.jpg

It takes some force, but you can pry up that shoulder panel to get the arms further forward.

79559335_aftershoulder.jpg.69c1ec003921423d0ab0f673de6a0280.jpg

57 minutes ago, troyness said:

@tekering.. thanks again. One last question lol.. How's the arm ROM upon playing with the figure, improving?

The shoulder range of movement?  I don't dare force it any further than it wants to go, so a quarter-turn up is all I dare try.

16 hours ago, tekering said:

Especially if you want to display it with a Toynami Beta/Aoshima Tread...

1928108932_withMasterpieceBeta.jpg.1cc17d708b43f317b2d3c7297929b5e9.jpg

Since it's pretty much identical in size to the Toynami/Aoshima toys, it works just as well... but it's even more precarious.  :mellow:

How did you attached them? Just like the Toynami/Aoshima?

thanks tekering for sharing your experience with this thing.  i was actually daydreaming that this would be the legioss that i coudl actually handle once in a while....  someday..... maybe that will exist.  haha.  the fighter mode on this thing is gorgeous....giant pilot figure notwithstanding.  one of my evolution toys legioss whcih initlaly handled OK now can barely hold his gun arm up even as its only been sitting in a cabinet for well over a year with no handling basically and not much if any handling prior to that.   i hope my sentinel legioss will fair better at least in that regard if i dare to change it out of fighter mode.  alas its shipping to my workplace which i don't know when i get to return to (i'm in no rush to sit indoors most of the day with a crap ton of people however!  lets go science, please let a vaccine be ready sooner than expected!) .  i do think based on tekering's feedback so far that....sentinel did good with their design, but not so much the design engineering of the thing.  it doesn't seem like engineer's got to push back on the designers to say..."hey, this hinge isn't going to work like you intended because of the thickness/strength/tolerances/etc.".  i mean i get it in the 3P TF world where the factory IS the engineering team, but c'mon sentinel...you're a real company charging $250 for a 6ish inch toy....not an entity that makes IP infringing toys that needs to sort of move in the shadows and charge $140 for a 9 inch figure (of similar complexity).  sort this stuff out!  same goes to evolution toys (granted i hear they are small but still at the prices they charge for their simple but largish legioss, it should have been engineered better).  oh i still think the head on this legioss looks to big in soldier mode.  oh well...the decision on whether i will get all the main legioss will still hinge on what i think when i get to handle it in person.

I don't hate the ET Legioss, it was just overpriced. 

The Toynami however was garbage. Mainly because of the materials they used. Also, Toynami got the colors wrong, but Aoshima corrected it.

Can someone comment on the Sentinel Legioss stand which uses a simulated tread connector? Perhaps someone can create a connector based on the Sentinel stand which connects to the tread like the Toynami method?

17 hours ago, jenius said:

The scale looks perfect to me. It's supposed to be 10.25 meters long in fighter which would be about 21.5cm long. Soldier should be 8.75 meters tall or so like 18cm tall. The Evolution Toy is the funky one, that thing is like 1/40 in soldier and 1/30 in fighter.

I was thinking the same thing, the scale looks spot on.

I like the engineering updates, and the fact that the cockpit in robot mode doesn't look like it's squeezing a cockpit poop out when viewing from the front.

Does Sentinel ever re-release their products?  Or is this gone forever?

51 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

I like the engineering updates, and the fact that the cockpit in robot mode doesn't look like it's squeezing a cockpit poop out when viewing from the front.

Does Sentinel ever re-release their products?  Or is this gone forever?

They do re-releases, they reissued the VR-52F/T ride armors like six months after their original release. I wouldn't be shocked if the release of the red version gets bumped six months and they instead reissue the blue one...

I cannot wait to get mine from Amazon Japan.  DHL lists delivery as this Friday but they've already cleared customs in Cincinnati!  Def glad i bought two.  One to convert to Soldier mode and keep other in Fighter.... Looks a little over-engineered for the scale to transform constantly but definitely glad they opted for diecast shoulder joint/hinges.  They really need to release that pilot figure and Ride Armor in a multi-pack ala the new Diaclone figures.  They're missing a big opportunity for some extra cheese if they don't.  Sentinel, if you are listening I'll take 10 sets.  I know I'm not alone...

s-l1600.jpg.9ddd1b74e66491640bef469d77ac7fde.jpg

Also More pics on the Sentinel blog. https://ameblo.jp/sen-ti-nel-info/entry-12599908006.html

Hopefully those diaclone figures are better than the Sentinel pilot.  That one is sculpted garbage.  It falls apart in your hands constantly.

Other than that, fighter mode is choice!  Mine will stay that way.  If the other 2 iterations get made I'll buy one for each mode.

Edited by easnoddy

37 minutes ago, SuperDimensionalDave said:

I cannot wait to get mine from Amazon Japan.  DHL lists delivery as this Friday but they've already cleared customs in Cincinnati! 

This made me curious so I checked my status and it also is in Cincinnati... but the status is "on hold". That doesn't sound like a good thing, still shows delivery for Friday so fingers crossed. 

1 hour ago, jenius said:

This made me curious so I checked my status and it also is in Cincinnati... but the status is "on hold". That doesn't sound like a good thing, still shows delivery for Friday so fingers crossed. 

No worries,  I order from Amazon Japan quite a bit (in fact this is now where I buy just about every new import toy or game I buy).  With DHL your package will register as "on hold" in between it's arrival/clearance scan and when it gets scanned to leave their facility OTW to you.  Chances are if yours is showing a status of on hold for you it will likely be getting delivered tomorrow.  At least that's been my experience 95% of the time.  So we all look forward to your video review tomorrow night!!! LOL

On 6/20/2020 at 5:34 PM, Mommar said:

That CMs Tread looks kind of undersized next to the Sentinel too.

The Tread from RIOBOT is going to be about twice the size of CM's.  Just look at the cockpits of both.  Unless RIOBOT does something extraordinary for their Tread cockpit, the Legioss pilot is going to be twice as big as Tread's.

I mentioned this in a previous post.

In @tekering’s pics, we saw that the space between the Legioss’ arms is thinner than what the Toynami Alpha had.

This means that either 1). The Tread cockpit will be smaller than the Toynami, or 2). Sentinel will design a transformation process that will allow for a not-so-wide chest for Armo-Soldier mode but an appropriately sized bomber cockpit.

My guess would be some sort of rotating assembly for the chest and cockpit pieces. 

But any design is really dependent on whether those notches on top of the Legioss’ arms are where a Tread is supposed to lock into place. 

:unknw:

Given that the Legioss and Tread are a pair, my thinking is that Sentinel developed a Tread to work with their Legioss, even if nothing has been shown. Moreover, it makes sense from a marketing POV; more toys=more $$$.  I've never owned a Tread, but, hypothetically, if they apply the same level of engineering to a Tread toy, I think I'd have to consider getting it, too.

8 hours ago, jenius said:

Mine is on hold as well.  Though they're claiming they won't deliver until next Tuesday.