3 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Is this a good enough A stance? 

Ea-S1D-UcAkzqCx.jpg.3127d35ccdfc5a1a0beb7682020f27eb.jpg

It does indeed have an ab-crunch

Ea-UFt9UEAAPofO.jpg.27d1284e27595f20767ff39e47f8d20e.jpg

The best Armo-Soldier pics by far! Ab-crunch is amazing.

I took a chance to PO 2 copies, and don’t regret it one bit so far.

In fact, the more the merrier.. One in Fighter mode with landing gears down to show how straight the body can be, another in Soldier mode to show off the great articulation, and another to keep to combine with the eventual Tread (how is Sentinel not going to make one now? They will have this market all by themselves).

Not too keen on Diver mode, but I can see it’s also the best Diver mode we’ve had so far. 

Edited by MKT

I believe the missile pod between the arms is removable.  Can any one confirm?  Are there any pictures of it in fighter mode with this removed?

My understanding of the history of this addition is that Imai added it to their initial Legioss model to cover an unsightly hole between the arms in their model.  I remember reading the details someplace long ago but cannot seem to find the exact link now.  Its mentioned in passing here:

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/mecha/ls_mos.htm

and here:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=10263

But I recall a link that went into more detail.  If anyone else knows the where this is discussed please share.

I know its never seen in the show and I'm 99% sure its not seen in any of the line art either.

Anyways, I hope it is removable and not necessary to hold the arms in position in fighter mode.  Granted this is a re-design, but this addition is something I always though hurt the generally look of the Legioss.

Carl

MissilePod.png

I'm not liking armo fighter :( The nosecone and cockpit are half of the plane. The arms/engines are too short.

But armo diver and armo soldier are looking really good.

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

5 minutes ago, wwwmwww said:

I believe the missile pod between the arms is removable.  Can any one confirm?  Are there any pictures of it in fighter mode with this removed?

My understanding of the history of this addition is that Imai added it to their initial Legioss model to cover an unsightly hole between the arms in their model.  I remember reading the details someplace long ago but cannot seem to find the exact link now.  Its mentioned in passing here:

http://www.starshipmodeler.com/mecha/ls_mos.htm

and here:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=10263

But I recall a link that went into more detail.  If anyone else knows the where this is discussed please share.

I know its never seen in the show and I'm 99% sure its not seen in any of the line art either.

Anyways, I hope it is removable and not necessary to hold the arms in position in fighter mode.  Granted this is a re-design, but this addition is something I always though hurt the generally look of the Legioss.

Carl

MissilePod.png

The red test-shot photos from one of the conventions had the toy in both soldier and diver modes without the extra missile bay so I'm pretty sure it's removable.

11 minutes ago, wwwmwww said:

If anyone else knows the where this is discussed please share.

you just need to watch 1st video few posts ago.

short answer: removable

Edited by enphily

1 minute ago, enphily said:

for those who crying about dimensions

EbC63XPUYAAiEuR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

What a difference, even though both are the same scale. This really hit home to me on how compact the Legioss is, and the VF-1 is the smallest Valkyrie in Macross universe too..

11 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

The Toynami/Aoshima is less complex, and their durability was a disaster

^^^This!! 

This is why I have so many of the Poseable Alpha/Legioss figures because I don't dare transform my MPC toys... ticking time bombs! 

1 hour ago, wwwmwww said:

If you go to about 21 minutes into the 1st video, you will see the missiles removed.  We are not shown how to remove them though.  Probably just pegged in.

Really digging that waist joint and ab crunch. Unexpected but very welcome. This thing looks outstanding. I just pray it doesn't explode in my hands at the slightest touch.

Did someone think the Bandai  DX SV 262 was just too easy to transform and we needed to 'up the game' ??
I literally was anxious watching this video seeing all the was needed to get it from one mode to the other, especially at this scale.
Every movement revealed another panel to open or slide or unhinge. It is an engineering marvel for sure, but I don't know if I have it in me to tackle this....

image.png.dd0589bba18157ee18e60c97574f498a.png

30 minutes ago, Mommar said:

This video would be so much better if it were made my Jenius.

No under-moob missiles though, huh?  They didn't quite think of everything.  Or are those non-cannon?

Those missiles are not cannon ;)

20 minutes ago, Shawn said:

Did someone think the Bandai  DX SV 262 was just too easy to transform and we needed to 'up the game' ??
I literally was anxious watching this video seeing all the was needed to get it from one mode to the other, especially at this scale.
Every movement revealed another panel to open or slide or unhinge. It is an engineering marvel for sure, but I don't know if I have it in me to tackle this....

While watching the video my main thought was I didn't realize you could make the Legioss transformation this complicated. 

6 hours ago, MKT said:

What a difference, even though both are the same scale. This really hit home to me on how compact the Legioss is, and the VF-1 is the smallest Valkyrie in Macross universe too..

Yeah like I think everyone needs to recognize:

the Legioss if it were real is 10.25 meters long in length in fighter mode and 8.75 meters High in soldier (Battloid) mode

the VF-1 is 14.25 meters long in fighter mode and 12.68 meters high in Battloid mode. 

for my American bro’s, that’s a difference of 13 feet in length in fighter mode and almost 14 feet in soldier/Battloid mode. The legioss is small. The scale we got is a decent scale for the side of the actual mecha 

I'm ok with the size.  More or less same as the Toynami ones, which once you add a TREAD is pretty effing hard to fit in a display case joined in fighter mode!  Seeing the engineering that went into this thing, I now get the price tag, maybe someday down the road I can pick one up! 

1 hour ago, Shawn said:

You can do it Shawn. Believe in yourself! It still doesn't look as bad as the Beagle 1/10 ride armor. That thing took me a solid hour to transform the first time. 

1 hour ago, snakerbot said:

I just got a delivery date change notification from Amazon JP. Was 7/03-7/06, now 6/26-6/29. Be on the lookout, those of you who ordered there!

Yay, just got the same by way of a 'shipped' notification. Now showing a Friday delivery... let's hope it comes a little earlier.