27 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

I think the colors of the CMs versions are way better than Megahouse's

Colors, proportions, sculpts, character representation, accuracy... the CMs are superior to the Megahouse figures in almost every respect.

18 hours ago, jenius said:

Still playing with my CM's Mospeada ride armors...half of them are now broken :D

Like I said, almost every respect.  :unsure:

The big unknown with that auction is the condition of the Alpha.

Don’t know what condition the hands are in or whether anything has deteriorated over time.

Seller was good enough to show numerous pics and show box damage.

But guess I’m still a little punchy after getting a nice Matchbox Macross, but discovering it had broken arms out of the box.

55 minutes ago, Mog said:

The big unknown with that auction is the condition of the Alpha.

Don’t know what condition the hands are in or whether anything has deteriorated over time.

Seller was good enough to show numerous pics and show box damage.

But guess I’m still a little punchy after getting a nice Matchbox Macross, but discovering it had broken arms out of the box.

Well, it's comforting on some level to know I wasn't the only one that had this experience... but I'm still sorry you weren't able to avoid it. While I love the Matchbox SDF-1, that part of the design does seem like the biggest misstep. 

I wouldn't transform any Toynami Alpha at this point. If I bought that set, I would combine them and show them off in fighter mode and that would be the end of it. They look good combined in fighter mode. Beyond that, I can wait for the Sentinel toys.

Your review tried to warn me, and for that, I appreciate it.  

Should have been more skeptical and asked for out of box pics from the seller.  But hopefully, my workaround is successful.

Back to Mospeada stuff, at least the seller mentions how glass-fragile the Alphas are (the Betas, of course, are solid beasts).

I’m looking forward to the Sentinel Legioss too.  But I’ll wait for the red girl (probably getting released in 2021 at this point, huh?).

31 minutes ago, jenius said:

I wouldn't transform any Toynami Alpha at this point. If I bought that set, I would combine them and show them off in fighter mode and that would be the end of it. They look good combined in fighter mode. Beyond that, I can wait for the Sentinel toys.

This is exactly what I did with my Alpha/Beta. No need to temp fate. I'll transform the Sentinel ones. And hopefully they release a Beta/Tread.

3 hours ago, jenius said:

I paid a lot less for my blue Alpha and Beta, because I was lucky enough to find them both on Mandarake, but my green and red Alphas were so fragile I'm planning on just leaving the blue ones combined in fighter mode too.

1 hour ago, Mog said:

I never thought they were gonna meet that June 2020 release date, even BEFORE the whole Covid-19 pandemic hit. :crazy:

Ha, same here! Hope its happens but I'm giving everyone at least an extra two months to get things out before I'll be concerned.

In the meantime, I've found an exciting bit of Tatsunoko history:

scripts.jpg.9dd6175e96a4a0d61bf081aea3bbf1e8.jpg

Episode scripts, from the production office.

697459673_writersname.jpg.71b325ad57658cbde860e5c343d711a3.jpg

The writer's name is hand-written on the front page of each script.

543906163_beautifulgirl.jpg.91745d7369aa7ad2837bed2437b80d45.jpg

This is the scene where Ray meets Aisha nude in the barn...  The dialogue prompts simply refer to her as "beautiful girl."

1728112935_ep.4script.jpg.d846eb9b6c549877f8cd8c5b40e60aad.jpg

Even more exciting, here are the complete storyboards for episode 4...

storyboards.jpg.e3fac0355c9bae07573eda0a7023ffd6.jpg

...with hand-written notations for each sequence.

thumbnail.jpg.a0e703738e66136e692a22109b5dfbb8.jpg

Recognize this pan-out?

ripped.jpg.d9e85d81f9dfa56663521854757e5fe8.jpg

On 4/17/2020 at 11:08 PM, tekering said:

In the meantime, I've found an exciting bit of Tatsunoko history:

scripts.jpg.9dd6175e96a4a0d61bf081aea3bbf1e8.jpg

Episode scripts, from the production office.

697459673_writersname.jpg.71b325ad57658cbde860e5c343d711a3.jpg

The writer's name is hand-written on the front page of each script.

543906163_beautifulgirl.jpg.91745d7369aa7ad2837bed2437b80d45.jpg

This is the scene where Ray meets Aisha nude in the barn...  The dialogue prompts simply refer to her as "beautiful girl."

1728112935_ep.4script.jpg.d846eb9b6c549877f8cd8c5b40e60aad.jpg

Even more exciting, here are the complete storyboards for episode 4...

storyboards.jpg.e3fac0355c9bae07573eda0a7023ffd6.jpg

...with hand-written notations for each sequence.

thumbnail.jpg.a0e703738e66136e692a22109b5dfbb8.jpg

Recognize this pan-out?

ripped.jpg.d9e85d81f9dfa56663521854757e5fe8.jpg

Major score dude!

On 4/19/2020 at 12:50 PM, Saburo said:

Mospeada_yellow.png.e6b76d5a499046fd1a8befb538d7aa5a.png

That's just gorgeous..

55 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

FE235F31-067B-4EDF-A392-7B7FE6463762.jpeg.7c537a146d2884562ff6f370370b2b7f.jpeg

Saw this pic on FB.  Pretty cool.

VERY cool:good:

I am an original owner of a Blue Toynami Alpha. I haven't had a problem with the hands yet. It is however very floppy and hard to stand without any assistance. Has everyone had problems with the hands? I am curious how prevalent that issue is.

20 minutes ago, bluemax151 said:

I am an original owner of a Blue Toynami Alpha. I haven't had a problem with the hands yet. It is however very floppy and hard to stand without any assistance. Has everyone had problems with the hands? I am curious how prevalent that issue is.

I have 4 of the Toynami Alpha's and all of my hands are cracked or crumbled, horrifying QC on those parts. 

Haven't touched my Toynami Alphas in years. Blue one was missing a thumb I think after about 5 minutes and got left in fighter mode. Red one is in gerwalk and green is in battroid, all with digits still attached. I'm afraid to breath on them however...

2 hours ago, jorawar_b said:

Hopefully one of the 3d printer gurus can make some hands

Pretty sure replacement hands are already available on Shapeways BUT replacing them is a bit invasive. The hands weren't a QC failure, they were a materials failure (Aoshima fixed it). Toynami went with hands made of something very akin to rubber which simply tears around the pin that connects everything. 

4 hours ago, jenius said:

Pretty sure replacement hands are already available on Shapeways BUT replacing them is a bit invasive. The hands weren't a QC failure, they were a materials failure (Aoshima fixed it). Toynami went with hands made of something very akin to rubber which simply tears around the pin that connects everything. 

Will check shapeways thanks