In all likelihood, Sentinel bought a design from a design firm. The design firm calculated anticipated stress on each point and recommended materials. In this case, the part is breaking because it is subject to an unanticipated stress. There are no hidden agendas here or expectations of failure, it's just an unfortunate occurrence that hopefully can be remedied on future toys now that the failure is known.

27 minutes ago, jorawar_b said:

I canceled my order and a member on MW sold me thier second copy. 

Glad that you received it, sir. Been wondering about that lately since you haven't replied my DM's. I will now post on the StraightShooter list. Thanks! ^_^ 

3 minutes ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

So how widespread is the breakage issue? Is it one of those things that will happen no matter what or can it be avoided by being extra gently? I skipped on the bikes, but was thinking on getting them later on if/when money improves. 

I have four. None of them have the breakage issue.

5 hours ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

So how widespread is the breakage issue? Is it one of those things that will happen no matter what or can it be avoided by being extra gently? I skipped on the bikes, but was thinking on getting them later on if/when money improves. 

My stick and Rey are ok.  The yellow has a stress mark out of the box.  Comparing them, the part is cut thinner at the stress mark than the original Stick and Rey.

6 hours ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Ok. I have to agree that this is one of those things that no matter how gentle or rough you handle it, it cannot be avoided. And yes, I do transform my toys gently.

I checked all three bikes that I have and one of Stick’s already has cracks. Both Ley and Yellow already have some light stress mark on one side. And my Yellow hasn’t been transformed yet. Not sure if there’s a possibility of repairing it without ruining the rest of the parts. :cray:

Such a terrible situation with these particular toys.  I feel for you guys who invested in this line.

Could the same possibility exist when the Legioss is released? That is what I was looking forward to but now I think I’ll have to forget this as a whole.

1 hour ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

How would that pin even be pulled out to make the repair?

This. The pin would probably need to be removed by destroying it. So then it will need that new parts, and a new fastening system. I'd be happy to take a crack at designing a fastening fix. But none of mine are cracked/broken. I'm not "drilling" into one of these.;)

Edited by sqidd

16 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Such a terrible situation with these particular toys.  I feel for you guys who invested in this line.

Could the same possibility exist when the Legioss is released? That is what I was looking forward to but now I think I’ll have to forget this as a whole.

Every new transforming toy has the potential for a design, engineering, factory or materials flaw. These are very complex toys. I hope that the Legioss being simpler in transformation and bigger in size will be durable enough but unless you play the waiting game, there's always a risk. The real bummer in this case is that the problem is next to impossible to fix for the average collector. 

5 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

A DX 1/48 VF-1 in the same scale is almost twice as tall and less than an inch taller than an HMR.

Actually, a Hi-Metal R Valkyrie in battroid is exactly 160mm, to the tip of the head lasers.  

Sentinel's Legioss will be smaller than Toynami's, Aoshima's, or CM's were.

6 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Speaking of Legioss.. oof on that size. A DX 1/48 VF-1 in the same scale is almost twice as tall and less than an inch taller than an HMR.

image.png.b8e1288037010c155eeaaecba652a35f.png

I wasn't too thrilled with this either. But, a few people on here pointed out that if/when the Tread/Beta comes out the two combined will be quite big. Then you have to start thinking about available display space. Would I have liked a bigger Legioss? When/if the Tread/Beta comes out I'll probably be glad it isn't. My Mospeada shelf is going to be pretty full with a Alpha/Beta Legioss/Tread in fighter (is that what it's called?) and a Legioss in.....I can't remember now.....solider mode? I don't want to add another shelf for one or two toys. Then I wil be obligated to fill that up all the way. Because science?:unknw:

2 minutes ago, tekering said:

Actually, a Hi-Metal R Valkyrie in battroid is exactly 160mm, to the tip of the head lasers.  

Sentinel's Legioss will be smaller than Toynami's, Aoshima's, or CM's were.

You're probably making him feel a lot better.:rofl:

Just now, sqidd said:

I wasn't too thrilled with this either. But, a few people on here pointed out that if/when the Tread/Beta comes out the two combined will be quite big. Then you have to start thinking about available display space. Would I have liked a bigger Legioss? When/if the Tread/Beta comes out I'll probably be glad it isn't. My Mospeada shelf is going to be pretty full with a Alpha/Beta Legioss/Tread in fighter (is that what it's called?) and a Legioss in.....I can't remember now.....solider mode? I don't want to add another shelf for one or two toys. Then I wil be obligated to fill that up all the way. Because science?:unknw:

Photo above already shows what each mode are called. ;) 

8 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Photo above already shows what each mode are called. ;) 

My neck is....... sore?:D

Yeah, that's a totally convincing excuse.

EDIT:

I just looked. It was all highlighted for me and everything! I'm such a tool.:rofl:

Edited by sqidd

11 hours ago, Grey728 said:

Speaking of Legioss.. oof on that size. A DX 1/48 VF-1 in the same scale is almost twice as tall and less than an inch taller than an HMR.

image.png.b8e1288037010c155eeaaecba652a35f.png

Did you expect it to be taller? We knew the scale for it already, so it was to be expected to be around that size.

People tend to think Legioss and Valkyries are about the same size, but that's completely wrong. I know the price seems high for its size, but it's what Sentinel is used to charging. It's like iPhones, too expensive for what they are, but people buy them anyway.

Edited by Convectuoso

7 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

Did you expect it to be taller? We knew the scale for it already, so it was to be expected to be around that size.

People tend to think Legioss and Valkyries are about the same size, but that's completely wrong. I know the price seems high for its size, but it's what Sentinel is used to charging. It's like iPhones, too expensive for what they are, but people buy them anyway.

Sentinel's production runs are probably a small fraction of Bandai. That's probably where most of the cost difference comes from. Plus Bandai is a much bigger organization so it's easier for them to amortize costs. I have no idea how many DX VF-1S's Bandai just made or how many units of this Sentinel will be running. My WAG is Sentinel will be 10% of Bandai. When it comes to cost efficiency that is a gargantuan difference.

Sorta related. My main product/products are vastly difference in price depending on production run counts. And unlike toys what I produce is very, very materials driven (they're a huge part of the cost). Even with materials being a huge factor which the price of doesn't change regardless of production run size, if I was making runs 10x bigger than I am right now it would save me 30%. And that isn't taking different production techniques that I could take advantage of with runs that large. With different techniques I would cut costs even more.

It would not surprise me to lean that Bandai is producing units for 30-50% less than Sentinel.

Honestly I heard it was small but I thought it would at least be as tall as a 1/60 VF-1 in Soldier mode. I’m not as familiar with Mospeda as I am with Macross. I just remember, as a child, that the Legioss toy was just as large as a VF-1. 

I’ll likely still keep my pre-order but I do feel that giant robots are supposed to be..  well.. giant. Know what I mean?

Yeh.....as a huge Mospeada fan I really want to want this, but finances say otherwise at this point. Along with that I have all 3 Toynami Alphas and Beta's and when combined yes -- the DO take up a lot of shelf room. In full double fighter mode they will NOT fit in a Detolf. Had to get the Klingsbo I think it was called and the nose cone still touches the glass door. So for people who don't have any of those, these new one's will prob fit in a Detolf combined, but dang, it ain't gonna be cheap in the long run if they end up making Beta's for all 3 fighters.

2 hours ago, Grey728 said:

I heard it was small but I thought it would at least be as tall as a 1/60 VF-1 in Soldier mode. I’m not as familiar with Mospeda as I am with Macross. I just remember, as a child, that the Legioss toy was just as large as a VF-1. 

I’ll likely still keep my pre-order but I do feel that giant robots are supposed to be..  well.. giant.

That's the advantage of miniatures, see:  Scale is relative to how you choose to display it.

You can put your Legioss with an appropriately-sized figure for an accurate sense of scale...

512955272_actualsize.thumb.jpg.2a4ccab31f6b27b88cee8e0809cd37e5.jpg

...or next to a smaller-scale figure to make it look giant...

giant.thumb.jpg.0fac6adc921cb68913e67de6093aa161.jpg

...or even with something so wildly off-scale that it looks positively humungous.  :p

massive.thumb.jpg.514412dc4ff7a901c0e9453cbc845738.jpg

The choice is yours!  You're only limited by your imagination.

...And the other figures in your toy collection, of course.  ^_^

After nearly a month stuck in customs.  I finally got my Yellow.  I was expecting to see signs that my package was open or the wrong address.   Nothing of the sort.  It just sat for weeks.  No signs of a damage part.  I don't know if I will ever transform it now on fears of breaking it.

On 1/8/2020 at 8:55 PM, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

I've never transformed Stick but one piece is cracked and the other has stress marks.

I've transformed Rei twice, and both pieces are cracked.

Haven't bought Yellow yet.

So at 16cm tall in Armo-Soldier mode, this Legioss will be smaller than even Sentinel’s own Ride Armor figures, right?

I can understand them being smaller than Toynami or CM’s offerings.  But wow, that’s a huge size difference.

So basically, this Legioss will be just a smidge taller than an iPhone Plus?

If it was scaled up to be 2 or 3cm taller, I might be convinced to pull the trigger.  But not at this current size and current price point.

5 minutes ago, Mog said:

I can understand them being smaller than Toynami or CM’s offerings.  But wow, that’s a huge size difference.

I think making it that small actually sort of increases the likelihood that they'd later introduce a Tread.

Tread's are BIG.

8 minutes ago, Mog said:

So at 16cm tall in Armo-Soldier mode, this Legioss will be smaller than even Sentinel’s own Ride Armor figures, right?

If it was scaled up to be 2 or 3cm taller, I might be convinced to pull the trigger.  But not at this current size and current price point.

Legioss Armo-Soldier figure height is 16cm. Ride Armors figure height is approximately 16cm. This info came from Sentinel's website. We've been discussing this height and scale some few pages ago. And yes, this figure is small at 1/48. But it will scale with the VF-1's if you have it in 1/48 scale.

DjPEje6VsAACngs.jpg.a3d908b71eb72859461fbab5a2321a60.jpg

Photo courtesy of Anymoon.

Edited by no3Ljm