On 11/6/2019 at 12:56 PM, jenius said:

Nobody knows anything in the toy industry until preorders are up... and even then, there's room for change. 

I'm quoting myself here because I was totally wrong about the preorders going live tonight. The silver-lining? It sounds certain they are going up before Yellow ships at the end of the month. 

8 hours ago, jenius said:

I'm quoting myself here because I was totally wrong about the preorders going live tonight. The silver-lining? It sounds certain they are going up before Yellow ships at the end of the month. 

That a confirmation on the end of the month for Yellow? Some said December, but I'd be much happier with November (meaning I'll get it December rather than January).

12 minutes ago, jeniusornome said:

Thinking about a ride armor for my shelves. 

how would you guys rate the complexity of the figure compared to, say, the DX VF-25, VF-31 and VF-1, or Yamato v2 / Arcadia VF-1?

trying to figure out if I’d enjoy one or just be frustrated the whole time. 

Transformation complexity?

I'd say more complex than a VF-1, about the same as a VF-25.

And one you have done it once it's cake.

And it depends on which ride armor you get. The Beagle ride armor is probably the most complex for transformation, with the new Sentinel stuff a little easier. If you go cheaper for the Megahouse or CMs then the transformation is a bit simpler (but also might frustrate you for other reasons, like accidentally knocking the wheel pegs out in armor mode every time you slightly move them).

7 hours ago, DewPoint said:

I get a kind of Scooby Doo vibe from the voice acting.

Is that because Stick sounds more disappointed by his engine failure than he does by the death of his fiancée?  <_<

No wait... he thinks she may still be alive?!  :huh:

Thanks for sharing that.  It's sure weird to hear a completely different cast, but from the same pool of Robotech voice actors.  Roy Fokker as Stick Bernard?  Lisa Hayes as the Invid Regis?  :o

That dub sure uses some strange collective nouns, too...  

"Earthians?"

"Rejioss?" 

And where did "Randy Barr" come from?  :unsure:

And I could've sworn, as he coverts the Legioss-Tread to Armo-Diver for atmospheric reentry, he says "I'll trim the main nozzle down."  The writers must've been confused by the translation. :unknw:

5 hours ago, tekering said:

Is that because Stick sounds more disappointed by his engine failure than he does by the death of his fiancée?  <_<

No wait... he thinks she may still be alive?!  :huh:

I surmised that they rewrote it for him to block out the trauma of losing her until eps. 10 when Aisha would have come into the picture, and he'd take a step to move on; first by seeing all the destroyed remains of the soldiers, then meeting Aisha.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

If anybody still needs a Ray he's slightly cheaper at BBTS right now.

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/62773

I honestly wish I was more in love with the T variant. I just dont find it as exciting as the F or Blowsperior. 

1 hour ago, vladykins said:

The bad T word is putting this out and I'm surprised HG is pushing the Mospeada name on this rather than Robotech.

Not surprised at all. This falls right in line with HG taking credit for Japanese works. Even if they do have the license to market this stuff.

For the price, I hope all of the markings are printed on! No stickers!  Overall, looks gorgeous. I love that you can open the cockpit hatch in solider mode. Cool stuff man. I'm hoping you can do a little more as far as posing goes, but we shall see in-hand. June 2020 is pretty far away so plenty of time to save. 

23 minutes ago, chaff.g said:

New photos and 6/2020 release date via Dengeki Hobby:

1xcuzYMoCLs9NERQogfkGKnmRSlx7Wz1s.jpg

It's perfect IMHO. I Never loved any of the modern offerings, they where always to lean and tall looking. Alphas to me have always been "stubby" and a bit 'Squat" looking. Sentinel appears to have really nailed that look and made the fighter mode amazing.

4uxKm11Gb3EYFo3krDqPPW0rarfNvryGD-440x659.jpg.3221c1c711aeac9eba128be357b016e1.jpg

Looks like the pilot figures are even articulated! 

I'm in for all three + the eventual Beta's.