51 minutes ago, Mommar said:

So is the pre-order going up in July or do they actually expect this thing to ship in five months?

July is the advertised release date. Sentinel don't appear to be very punctual for new molds though. The ride armors were delayed about two, maybe three, months...

12 hours ago, tekering said:

As our erstwhile Captain America has already proved, Tatsunoko just "faked it 'til you make it" with the official Legioss dimensions to begin with... so the stated scales have always been rather useless and irrelevant, really, since they're so inconsistently applied.

Having a proper height measurement in Armo-Soldier mode would be far more practical.

My theory on this goes back to the discussion previously about the genesis of the story and how the Legioss developed. The plans for the size of the craft may have been rather fluid for a while as more substantive issues with the plot were tackled. A tiny Legioss is helpful for story elements that involve hiding it so the dimensions may have been shrunk at the last moment as the plane transitioned from burner to hero. Similarly, the introduction of the Tread at the last moment would have had a similar effect, particularly if it was thrust on the story by toy companies who would have wanted the tread to be small enough to be feasibly sold in a line with a Legioss.

Edited by jenius

9 hours ago, jenius said:

My theory on this goes back to the discussion previously about the genesis of the story and how the Legioss developed. The plans for the size of the craft may have been rather fluid for a while as more substantive issues with the plot were tackled. A tiny Legioss is helpful for story elements that involve hiding it so the dimensions may have been shrunk at the last moment as the plane transitioned from burner to hero. Similarly, the introduction of the Tread at the last moment would have had a similar effect, particularly if it was thrust on the story by toy companies who would have wanted the tread to be small enough to be feasibly sold in a like with a Legioss.

That makes sense. I also think that the dimensions were likely fluid during the animation process as well (i.e. "Crap, we forgot that we are putting it on the back of a flat bed in this episode... well, draw it smaller.")

11 hours ago, Firefox said:

The Sentinel Legioss seems good. Price is a bit too steep though. But seeing the price of VF-2SS despite its quality, it's not totally unexpected.

What do people think we can expect for actual price? I think most of the ride armors were offered by the usual suspects at preorder time for around 10-15% less than the MSRP.

9 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

What do people think we can expect for actual price? I think most of the ride armors were offered by the usual suspects at preorder time for around 10-15% less than the MSRP.

Are you asking about the actual price or the store's discounted price?

Based on what's been shown on the WonderFest product info tag, the Legioss will cost Y25000. So 10% off of that is Y22500. 15% off is Y21250.

I'll never understand why Toynami keeps pumping out those SD's.  I mean if someone wants a really wants a cyclone rider, why not just make them regular dimensions, with a non-transforming bike.  I'd buy that.  I'm getting tired of the whole SD/Funco Pop aesthetic.

/jaded

3 hours ago, Mazinger said:

I'll never understand why Toynami keeps pumping out those SD's.  I mean if someone wants a really wants a cyclone rider, why not just make them regular dimensions, with a non-transforming bike.  I'd buy that.  I'm getting tired of the whole SD/Funco Pop aesthetic.

/jaded

It’s a Hello Kitty thing , Japan just can’t seem to get enough..

4 hours ago, Mazinger said:

/jaded

+1

9 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Why fo both cyclones have the arm missiles? 

5 hours ago, easnoddy said:

These are cheap, non-poseable. Low investment, high profit.

4 head molds + 2 body molds = 5 collectible figurines.   <_<

If they were cheap, I'd be tempted to get them, just because I'm thrilled to see any MOSPEADA/New Gen stuff any time it come out. However, at $14 per blind box figure, or $180 for 15 figures (I guess to ensure that you get at least one of each), that's just silly.

4 hours ago, easnoddy said:

These could be so much better. But the prices are RIDICULOUS. You could get a Marvel legends figure for that price. The morphers were better than this.

Interestingly, they've gone up on the prices compared to their similar Macross ones, while also having fewer molds in the set.

The Macross set was $12 each (or a dozen for $120) and had 4 distinctive molds, with one mold being used with 3 different heads for 3 different figures. This one is really only 2 molds, plus a couple extra heads.

2 minutes ago, JetJockey said:

Yeah I get upset when I see Toynami put money into this but couldn't help get that Beagle Rook Cyclone out.

I’m not sure if Toynami have the funds to save Beagle from closing down for them to produce Rook’s bike.

At that time, every company was very afraid they were all doomed. Stores were afraid they wouldn't be able to move merchandise as well so they ordered less stock causing Beagle and Toynami to order fewer units which compressed margins for both. What surprises me, three or four years later when the recovery was gaining speed, that Toynami didn't go out and buy the Beagle molds (including Houquet). Somebody owns them and is sitting on them, perhaps storing them in such a way as to already have rendered them useless. 

This maybe off-topic but has anyone heard anything new about the figma motoslave and priss that was shown last year? 

None as of this moment. And if ever there are, the Figma thread below is the best place to check it out:

I’m not sure if Toynami have the funds to save Beagle from closing down for them to produce Rook’s bike.

If Toynami can make multiple Voltrons and other toys. Plus have a higher end Cinemaquette line. Then they could have helped and take some risk with one toy I would assume. But since they didn't, that's pretty much why I don't buy Toynami stuff. Nothing that I want.

IMG_1552423059406.jpg.0f05971301a6084b41cdb8ced80b69e2.jpg

Prototype by MEP Toys

I don't like the fact that these look (from this pic) like statues with movable arms and nothing more... but as someone who read the Sentinels books at a very impressionable age and still appreciates those storylines because of it, I'll probably buy them if they're at a reasonable price (I think Breetai is $30).

I don't like the fact that these look (from this pic) like statues with movable arms and nothing more... but as someone who read the Sentinels books at a very impressionable age and still appreciates those storylines because of it, I'll probably buy them if they're at a reasonable price (I think Breetai is $30).

As someone who doesn't really like action figures of humanoid/organic characters due to how the joints often look like an eye-sore, I wish they were statues. But they still look very promising, so will definitely buy them if they are released. We're not really spoiled with Sentinels toys, nor Regess/Refless figures.

Edited by Lorindor

Any word on when Yellow will go up for pre-order?

Decided to change up the display a little while waiting (and wound up popping a few pieces out of their ball joints during the transformation <_<):

DSC_0412-2.thumb.jpg.91f0ee4ac5c3cff0a14989ae3a17f530.jpg

Edited by Mog