On 9/13/2018 at 7:07 AM, jenius said:

Ships from Canada... selling Captain America kits... my guess is it's Captain America :)

What I don't get. These are kit format. How is shipping for something that won't be a bug Box so expensive. $60+ to the UK on shipping alone :/

Really wanted to order the set but at the shipping cost at pretty much same cost to the set. I am reluctant to do so. Moreso as said it is a Kit to make up once in hand.

Shipping overseas is very expensive these days, I recently shipped a Valk to Australia and also that guy shipped a little tiny part from there to Florida for me and it wasn't cheap either..basically $65 for the Valk to get there in about 10 days and $18 for the tiny part to come to the US. So $60 from Canada to the UK for that size box sounds about right.  Also for what it's worth, Cap's stuff is worth it. VERY good production of kits and parts.  However if you've never built any resin kits, I would advise against the purchase, or buy it now, but practice on something else first. Trust me. 

Just now, derex3592 said:

Shipping overseas is very expensive these days, I recently shipped a Valk to Australia and also that guy shipped a little tiny part from there to Florida for me and it wasn't cheap either..basically $65 for the Valk to get there in about 10 days and $18 for the tiny part to come to the US. So $60 from Canada to the UK for that size box sounds about right.  Also for what it's worth, Cap's stuff is worth it. VERY good production of kits and parts.  However if you've never built any resin kits, I would advise against the purchase, or buy it now, but practice on something else first. Trust me. 

I buy a lot from Overseas. Japan, US, China, HK.

Case in point. The actual 1/12 Sentinel Mospeada themselvesn did not cost this much from Japan. Plus they arrived within 3 days to the My home in the UK. That is much farther than Canada.

I have no doubt the quality as seen many in several of the social media outlets and here state great workmanship.

The package for these aftermarket add on parts however do not equate a large box nor really any weight. Most certainly not to this extent.

The shipping fees *ARE* outrageous. People think that because it cost one price to send a parcel from Hong Kong to Canada, that sending it from Canada to Hong Kong will be about the same.

Wrong!

Canada has some of the most uncompetitive shipping rates on the planet, and you don't have to believe me, you can go on their website (maintained by untrained monkeys) and see for yourselves. If anything, I encourage you to complain; God knows I have.

I used to ship regular Air Mail, but in the past few years the number of "lost" parcels has skyrocketed, so with fellow MWers I offer the option of trackable/untrackable because the price difference is notable. I can't do that on eBay though, because there are too many scammers and it would be very easy for someone to say they never received their parcel and leave bad feedback or demand a refund, even if the item technically did arrive.

4 hours ago, captain america said:

The shipping fees *ARE* outrageous. People think that because it cost one price to send a parcel from Hong Kong to Canada, that sending it from Canada to Hong Kong will be about the same.

Wrong!

Canada has some of the most uncompetitive shipping rates on the planet, and you don't have to believe me, you can go on their website (maintained by untrained monkeys) and see for yourselves. If anything, I encourage you to complain; God knows I have.

I used to ship regular Air Mail, but in the past few years the number of "lost" parcels has skyrocketed, so with fellow MWers I offer the option of trackable/untrackable because the price difference is notable. I can't do that on eBay though, because there are too many scammers and it would be very easy for someone to say they never received their parcel and leave bad feedback or demand a refund, even if the item technically did arrive.

I can second that.  Canada in general has the most uncompetitive prices for just about anything and everything, cell phone plans, internet/tv packages, gas, etc...

Does anybody know if Sentinel is on schedule with the reissue Stick?  Just wondering if I should pay for my preorders now or spend on something else since the originals were delayed a fair bit.

47 minutes ago, jenius said:

The reissue has already been delayed one month according to CDJapan.

Oh that sucks, NY hasn’t updated the release date, and you’d think Sentinel would have fixed whatever issues from the first release and release on time.  

Back to the shipping topic, I’m assuming shipping is just as expensive in the States, I can’t figure out why else most members only ship to the continental US and not worldwide.

looks pretty great except the arms don't seem to compress/tuck in correctly.   didn't seem as noticeable on other releases (does that issue exist there..i've yet to open my copy of the zeta)?  keep teling myself i don't need it but not sure i believe myself.  the 3 main colors are enough! the 3 main ones are enough!  

15 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

looks pretty great except the arms don't seem to compress/tuck in correctly.   didn't seem as noticeable on other releases (does that issue exist there..i've yet to open my copy of the zeta)?

No, it's not really an issue.  The arms compress properly; they just don't hold their positions very securely.

requested.jpg

ET-Zeta-fighter.jpg

Since the Zeta came with little Dark Mospeada ride armor, will the Dark Legioss come with little Bartley ride armor?  :p

4 hours ago, jenius said:

My biggest beef with the arms in fighter mode is that the shoulder doesn't sit flush with the chest section in front of it. Given the reshaped shoulder, the Dark Legioss may be an even graver offender.

i'm no line art expert but having the gakken as a kid and memories of the show as my primary reference....i never thought of them as flush to the chest section.  to me they reminded me of FAST packs as arms and obviously those aren't flush.  lol.  checking the lineart...it is supposed to be flush and i get how that'd bother people. 

the thing that bothers me most about legioss arms is when the relevant swivel is ratcheted and you need to stop between ratches for the boosters (aka arms) to be straight in fighter mode.  i forget which version did that (or was it all of them?  lol) but it was annoying!

5 hours ago, Mechapilot77 said:

the thing that bothers me most about legioss arms is when the relevant swivel is ratcheted and you need to stop between ratches for the boosters (aka arms) to be straight in fighter mode.  i forget which version did that (or was it all of them?  lol) but it was annoying!

My blue Gakken Legioss suffers that in one arm. Can't remember which arm, will check later.

12 hours ago, s_i_t_h_l_o_r_d said:

Luckily never gotten my hands on an evolution toy but they seem to be far more superior than CM's and Toynami.

That's called "damning with faint praise."  ;)

But it's true, the Evolution Toy is (unfortunately) the best Legioss toy yet produced.

The Dark Legioss/Shadow Fighter looks great, just wish it wasn't pushing almost $250.00 a piece, would like to have more than one of these. 

However I still want to see what Sentinel comes up with as a Production version, since the Prototype looked really good IMO. 

8 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

The Dark Legioss/Shadow Fighter looks great, just wish it wasn't pushing almost $250.00 a piece, would like to have more than one of these. 

However I still want to see what Sentinel comes up with as a Production version, since the Prototype looked really good IMO. 

Yeah, I'm definitely holding out for Sentinel on this one. I like the look of the prototype, even if it isn't to everyone's taste.

On 9/20/2018 at 3:23 AM, derex3592 said:

Well then don't order it guys! Simple as that! Obviously you two are experts at international shipping rates so I'll just remove myself from the discussion. 

Unfortunately it would appear that far too many Yanks aren't adept at being savvy with international shipping. Vendors frequently ignore lower cost options like First Class mail, which has a pretty robust options set, and instead go straight to Priority mail etc. I see this all the time; thankfully some vendors will offer cheaper shipping when asked. 

13 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Yeah, I'm definitely holding out for Sentinel on this one. I like the look of the prototype, even if it isn't to everyone's taste.

Oh, I like it too. I rather pay the same amount as EvoToys for the Sentinel one since quality-wise, IMHO Sentinel is above EvoToys. I really don't like the plastic material they used on the VF-2SS which mostly people here says it's the same plastic they used for Legioss. So yeah, I'm excited to see new updates for Sentinel's Legioss. ^_^ 

3 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

Me too. Hopefully, Sentinel's version will be less expensive than Evo Toy's 

Wishing the same thing. But I'm not putting my hopes up since I know how pricey Sentinel figures are. ;) 

1 hour ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'm all in with ET's Legioss, but have a lot of expenses these coming months. I think I won't preorder this one but I'll buy it later next year.

Hey Ignacio. Are you planning on getting the Sentinel's Legioss too down the line?

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Ignacio. Are you planning on getting the Sentinel's Legioss too down the line?

I'm not entirely convinced with Sentinels prototype yet (it has some proportions that I don't like). But it's an early prototype so there's still a lot of room for improvements.

I love Mospeada so I think it's a given I'll support their try at a Legioss. I'm very satisfied with Stig and Ray and can't wait to get Fuke and Lancer.

The Legioss by Sentinel (aesthetics aside) should be a quality product.